Dungeon Crawl IC thread

A forum for fans of the Weregeek comic and of all things Geek.
Narf the Mouse
Cartoon Hero

Re: Dungeon Crawl IC thread

Post by Narf the Mouse »

For a moment, there is a wavering, gray blur...

Suddenly, Korgan can see the light at the end of the tunnel again...Almost as if Jakob was missing...

...And the new end of the blanket has been sheared cleanly through...
I have a livejournal

'Rule #2 : There is the game and there is reality. Between them is a BIG HONKING wall.' - Narshal, RPG.net, D&D alignment debate.

Tom the Fanboy
Cartoon Hero

Post by Tom the Fanboy »

Korgan stops for a minute and looks at the sheered off edge of the blanket. Eyes wide he contorts to hiss "Everyone back up! Jacob's been disintegrated!" As soon as there's room, Korgan will begin crawling backwards down the tunnel, his buckler squarely in front of his head to try and shield him from any other lesser spells that might be hurled his way by the creatures moving around at the end of the tunnel.
Tom the Fanboy
Enthusiasm over Accuracy!

"You should totally put that in your signature Tom. You drain 1d10 investigators per round." -Dustman

Thunderhowl
Regular Poster

Post by Thunderhowl »

Rowan's jaw drops as he mechanically starts dropping back.

"Disinti-whated?" He picks up speed, deciding that speed is, at this point, more important that stealth.

((OOC: Rowan will retreat all the way back to the rat room and will drop his pack and draw his rapier once he gets to a place where he has room to wield it again.))
A Zen Koan:
A Master said unto his Student,
"I Own you, Bitch. Know this."
And the Student was Owned,
And Knew it.

Narf the Mouse
Cartoon Hero

Post by Narf the Mouse »

Mork looked at Bork. Bork looked at Tork. Tork looked at Mork. "They's backing up?"

"Yupz."

"Why theys backing up?"

"Dunno."

"Well, what happen?"

"They's back up."

"When they stand up?"

"No, they's back up when they back up. No stand up yet. Tunnel too small!"

"But if they...Oh, forget it!"

You reach the rat room without incident.

"You think wez should charge?"

"No!"

"Whyz not?"

"Something dizzapeared one of them!"

You hear a scream of inarticulate rage.

"Sheez, we'zll charge already!"

You begin to hear the slapping of feet against stone.
I have a livejournal

'Rule #2 : There is the game and there is reality. Between them is a BIG HONKING wall.' - Narshal, RPG.net, D&D alignment debate.

Tom the Fanboy
Cartoon Hero

Post by Tom the Fanboy »

After catching upwith Rowan Korgan realizes that neither of them is holding the lit torch. "Where'd the other one go? Wasn't there someone behind you?" Hearing the yell and the slapping of feet echo down the tunnel Korgan drops the issue. Korgan moves to the right hand side of the door ready to ambush the coming foe and avenge the loss of his friends.
"Our lives depend on this attack Rowan, any mage capable of destroying someone so utterly must be taken by surprise!"

** Hide Check: 1d20 2=17 Ambush for great justice!**
Tom the Fanboy

"You should totally put that in your signature Tom. You drain 1d10 investigators per round." -Dustman

Thunderhowl
Regular Poster

Post by Thunderhowl »

Rowan darts to the left side of the door, ready to skewer the first one through.

Initiative Roll! (1d20+5=19)

Rowan watches the goblins tumble all over each other in the doorway and grins as he darts forward with his rapier leading.

Two attacks on the prone Gobbos as per Narf's ruling. (1d20+3=22, 1d6+2=4, 1d20+3=5, 1d6+2=4)

((OOC:WOO! Crit threat!)) Crit threat roll (1d20+3=7)
((OOC: Dang! Missed the crit!))
Last edited by Thunderhowl on Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
A Zen Koan:
And Knew it.

Narf the Mouse
Cartoon Hero

Post by Narf the Mouse »

MORTO COMBAAAAA!!!!! Round 1: Fight! Initiative: (1d20 1=2, 1d20 1=8, 1d20 1=20)

As the camera pans accross the entrance, you can see everything slow down...First, there is a yelling of war cries. Then, there is a slapping of splayed feet. And then, you see a gobbo running down the hall. With exquisite timing and grace, he dives in bullet-time over the weapons of his advesaries, rolls to his feet and with a perfect two-point turn, spins his mace at Korgan: 1d20 1=2, 1d6=1 ...And promptly keeps on spinning, to collapse on the floor.

At which point, everything speeds back up and the remaining two gobbos rush in the room, trip over the gobbo on the floor and fall down.

And you hear, in triplicate, "Dis all YOUR FAULT!"

The goblins are rolling...Random.
I have a livejournal

Tom the Fanboy
Cartoon Hero

Post by Tom the Fanboy »

After Rowan's attack Korgan swings his mace down viciously at the surviving goblins. "May your beastgod give you mercy for ye'll get none from me!"

Initiative, Attack, Damage (1d20+3=5, 1d20+3=12, 1d8+3=7)
Tom the Fanboy

Narf the Mouse
Cartoon Hero

Post by Narf the Mouse »

Gobbo #1 flips to its feet and yells "I shall be victorious!"

Then it takes a swing at Rowan: Attack! (1d20 2=3, 1d6=4) and the morningstar smashes into the ground.

Rowan attacks and badly mangles a goblin with a black helmet.

It stands up, and in a high-pitched, squeeky voice (Even for a goblin) shouts "Tis only a flesh wound! I have one hit point left!"

Then it attacks Rown. Fight! (1d20 2=11, 1d6=3) and the morningstar squishes a bug.

Korgan mangles an earthworm.

Then the last goblin attacks Korgan. Round 1! (1d20 2=5, 1d6=1) And spins around in a circle.
I have a livejournal

Tom the Fanboy
Cartoon Hero

Post by Tom the Fanboy »

Korgan maintains his flanking position with Rowan and attacks the goblin betwixt them.

Attack (plus flanking), Damage (1d20 5=9, 1d8 3=8)
(dammit)
Tom the Fanboy

Thunderhowl
Regular Poster

Post by Thunderhowl »

Rowan grimly thrusts again at the wounded goblin, shuffling left to maintain his flanking position opposite the sturdy dwarf.

Attack on Black Helmet. +2 flanking bonus. (1d20+5=12, 1d6+2=3)
A Zen Koan:
And Knew it.

Narf the Mouse
Cartoon Hero

Post by Narf the Mouse »

The goblins' rolls: We Will, We Will, Smash You! (1d20 2=6, 1d6=6, 1d20 2=13, 1d6=6, 1d20 2=16, 1d6=2)

Goblin, Rowan, Goblin, Korgan, Goblin.

Goblin #1 yells "Hi-ya! I shall beat you because I am strong! Crush puny human!" Then its morningstar whooshes through the air, bouncing off the floor. For some reason, it's words are out of sync with its lips.

Rowans' attack bounces off Goblin #2s' shield. Goblin #2 proclaimes "I have fought in two battles and have never been beaten! I am INVINCIBLE!!!"

Goblin #2 swings at Rowan, only for the strike to bounce off implausability and miss.

Korgan smashes a chunk out of the floor.

Goblin #3 whaps Korgan upside the head. "Need big mace! This mace too small!" it roars.
I have a livejournal

Thunderhowl
Regular Poster

Post by Thunderhowl »

A Zen Koan:
And Knew it.

Tom the Fanboy
Cartoon Hero

Post by Tom the Fanboy »

Flanking Attack (1d20 5=11, 1d8 3=4)

Korgan continues to angrily attack the goblin. (Korgan has only taken 2 HP damage I think...)
Tom the Fanboy

Narf the Mouse
Cartoon Hero

Post by Narf the Mouse »

Damages: Rowan 0, Korgan 2.

Ze goblins! Zey attack! (1d20 2=15, 1d6=6, 1d20 2=16, 1d6=3)

"I have trained for many, many minutes to be strong! Now I show my strength!" Goblin #1 swings at Rowan.

Goblin #2 is stabbed through the heart. "'Tis but a flesh wound..." *Thunk*

The GM has not kept accurate track of damage, although something is written down somewhere. However, as the GM cannot be bothered to look through the thread to tally damage, damage tally starts now. Report damage done; I tally and post. (The way it should have been done in the first place, but you live and learn. Well, in D&D, sometimes you undead and learn, but this is real life. Or a well-executed simulation, but how would I know?)

Korgan annoys the wall.

Goblin #3 does "GOBBO SMASH!" with morningstar shaped like fist.
I have a livejournal

Thunderhowl
Regular Poster

Post by Thunderhowl »

Rowan thrusts his rapier through the heart of Goblin #2, returning to the guard position just in time to meet the attack of the 1st Goblin.

As it lashes out at him, he barely wrenches his body out of the way of the 1st Goblin's ferocious attack as it's morning star glances off his armour. Rowan launches a hasty counterattack, but is unsuccessful.

Rowan attacks Gobbo#1 (1d20+3=10, 1d6+3=5)
A Zen Koan:
And Knew it.

Tom the Fanboy
Cartoon Hero

Post by Tom the Fanboy »

Seeing one goblin dead, Korgan focuses his attention on the remaining nasty and does his best to flank it as well. As he hustles sideway he stumbles a bit but it works in his favor as most of his dwarfy weight is brought down on his swinging mace into the goblin.

1d20 5=19, 1d8 3=11

**until now, Korgan has dealt no damage to the gobbos. Korgan has taken 2 HP from their attacks**
Tom the Fanboy

Narf the Mouse
Cartoon Hero

Post by Narf the Mouse »

Damages: Rowan 0, Korgan 2 (Er, did that hit? Your character sheet seems to have dropped off the bottom of the PM ladder...), Goblin #1 0, Goblin #2 dead, Goblin #3 dead?

I-yaa! I am surounded! (1d20 2=13, 1d6=6)

"Though my allies lie dead, I shall crush you with my awesome power!" Goblin #1 swings at Rowan.

Korgans' mace smashes goblin #3 to the floor. "I smashed! Dis charge sucks! We supposed to smash them. Also, morningstar sucks. Next time, I use katana! Firing desert eagles! Also, what's up with Maul-mart? I mean, healing potions next to wands of death? That's just crazy. You know, I hate sitcoms. Not going to miss those. And..."
I have a livejournal

Thunderhowl
Regular Poster

Post by Thunderhowl »

Rowan smiles grimly as he circles the final remaining goblin. He makes sure to keep moving so that the goblin will continue to be flanked between Korgan and himself. He feints a few darting thrusts at the goblin, hoping to drive it into range of the deadly arc of Korgan's mace.

Rowan's flanking attack on the last surviving Gobbo. (1d20+5=7, 1d6+2=3)
A Zen Koan:
And Knew it.

Tom the Fanboy
Cartoon Hero

Post by Tom the Fanboy »

Korgan continues to swing at the final goblin, tired of its mindless chatter.

1d20 5=15, 1d8 3=5
((That should finish him off. Korgan's character sheet is listed in the Map thread. Also right here...))
http://www.3edb.com/viewCharacter.asp?cid=16108
Tom the Fanboy