Other Webcomics

A place for people to discuss and constructively criticize my comics. Of course there’ll also be a place for off topic chit-chat, and a place for other webcomic artist to talk about what’s going on with their own stuff.
Sharkfin
Regular Poster

Other Webcomics

Post by Sharkfin »

Use this thread to talk about your own comic, or any comic you like.
Come see my webcomic!!

Indigo4789
Regular Poster

Re: Other Webcomics

Post by Indigo4789 »

So have you ever read something*positive?
"Those who dance are often considered insane by those who can't hear the music."

Sharkfin
Regular Poster

Post by Sharkfin »

No I've never read it, but I have heard of it. Milholland is obviously putting in a lot of work. That's quite an archive to say the least.

Thanks for the forum entry
Come see my webcomic!!

Indigo4789
Regular Poster

Post by Indigo4789 »

Yea, he does have quite an archive.
I think one of the things I like about your comic is that for most of them, I can let the kids read it. Plus it just sounds so much like my family as I was growing up.
"Those who dance are often considered insane by those who can't hear the music."

Sharkfin
Regular Poster

Post by Sharkfin »

I plan to keep it that way. I have a disdain for profanity, and my faith won't let me use sex. But, toilet humor and cartoon violence are fare game. While some of my Christian friends have shaken their heads at me, I’ve never found anything sinful about it.

It’s funny; I can't watch "Faces Of Death" but "Happy Tree Friends" makes me laugh. I think mostly it's because one is fake and the other is real.
Come see my webcomic!!

Indigo4789
Regular Poster

Post by Indigo4789 »

That's good. I fail to see anything sinful about toilet humor. It's actually what got me in the first place because you rarely see it anywhere else. Btw - that's also what got my little brothers hooked on it... they think it's awesome that an adult is writing about stuff they can understand and laugh at.

Tbolt
Cartoon Hero

Post by Tbolt »

I have to agree, it is refreshing to see that there are still spots of humor about that don't have to resort to plain outright vulgarity or profanity. It is possible to be funny without using a ton of four letter words.
Always tell the truth, that way you don't have to remember anything. -- Mark twain

Sharkfin
Regular Poster

Post by Sharkfin »

You know, I’ve never one time heard anyone say “I won’t read that comic because it doesn’t have enough cuss words in it.” But, I have however heard it the other way around. Profanity can do nothing but hurt the salability of a comic.
Come see my webcomic!!

Tbolt
Cartoon Hero

Post by Tbolt »

I must admit, though, with a little creativity, bleeped out cusswords can be quite amusing. (Thinking of a Spongebob routine, 10 dirty words or something like that...)
Always tell the truth, that way you don't have to remember anything. -- Mark twain

Sharkfin
Regular Poster

Post by Sharkfin »

I think I know what you're talking about. Is it like the "Unnecessary Censorship" segment on the Jimmy Kimmel Show? I love that bit.
Come see my webcomic!!

Tbolt
Cartoon Hero

Post by Tbolt »

I think that is it, blanking out the word completely so that one has no idea what was actually said, then taking it a little father, and adding in a few extra beeps for good measure! =^^=

Sharkfin
Regular Poster

Post by Sharkfin »

Yah, that’s the idea. On the Jimmy Kimmel show they even go so far as to blur out parts of the video too.

Imagine if you will, the video of a wrestling match with the fighters locked together in a death grip and part of the picture is blurred out.
Come see my webcomic!!

Tbolt
Cartoon Hero

Post by Tbolt »

Hee, hee, people have awful minds, don't they? =^^=

Rogar
Regular Poster

Post by Rogar »

not really I don't agree on the censorship. Of course i kind of feel that its -all- unnecessary because words are only vulgar because of their context. like "WTF" I was on CoV the other day and everyone understands WTF as a statement of disbelief, but it was cut out... where as other words that were even more questionable were not.

Since this is "other web comics" i figure i Might as well throw something here.

Dominic Deegan Oricle for hire.

its a fantasy based... I am not sure how some of you will take certain parts because it can get gorey... and there is implied nudity (tastefully hidden) as well as what some would consider "adult" topics... but they don't go overboard... and are only there when the comic -needs- them. (well in my opinion)

If you go consider yourself warned it might step on some catholic sensibilities. but as far as i am concerned... Some of them aren't really7 sensible.

Sixty X Celph
Regular Poster

Post by Sixty X Celph »

Rogar, you've blown my mind... there are people not familiar with Dominic Deegan's adventures? =0

Rogar
Regular Poster

Post by Rogar »

Sixty X Celph wrote:Rogar, you've blown my mind... there are people not familiar with Dominic Deegan's adventures? =0
Well... Unfortunately... there are. It surprised me too. but there is only one thing we can do about that. Spread the mookie love

Tbolt
Cartoon Hero

Post by Tbolt »

Ouch! When I grew up, we mostly rode on the road, didn't have to worry about scattered tools there, just the occasional passing car =^^; To attempt to maim ourselves, we got our jollies riding in the nearby woods!

*sigh*

Too bad that is pretty much at an end, stupid housing developments. =>.<=

If someone can tell me where the jobs are that I could afford a new $250,000 home, please tell me!