North Prairie Adventures - Rifts OOC

A forum for fans of the Weregeek comic and of all things Geek.
Grtdrgn
Regular Poster

Re: North Prairie Adventures - Rifts OOC

Post by Grtdrgn »

Oh, I am so totally in! I would love to see Alina's take on my line walker. Especially since all the pictures of LLW's I've seen have had the gas mask on, but I don't think of Morgan as wearing his all the time. I wonder if she would draw it or leave it off.

Tom the Fanboy
Cartoon Hero

Post by Tom the Fanboy »

I was going to make that post after we'd gotten the party together.....
(and after I paid off my honeymoon).
Yeah it'd be pretty cool to see the player party drawn by Alina. We'll get a commission fund together eventually.

In other news, I'll post an update today. I wanted to yesterday but we are always kind of busy on Mondays. Especially since we couldn't take calls for the last hour on Friday. XD
Tom the Fanboy
Enthusiasm over Accuracy!

"You should totally put that in your signature Tom. You drain 1d10 investigators per round." -Dustman

Chibiyuri
Regular Poster

Post by Chibiyuri »

Sounds good to me, It'll be away before I have the cash set aside, moving can be hell. But I'll get it somehow. Would love to see how she sees my Elven Burster.
For the request which I am going to ask of you, please reply with either "Okay" or "Yes".

Alina P
Regular Poster

Post by Alina P »

I think I could be persuaded to draw some really cool-looking Rifts characters... :) You evil, evil people, tempting me with the opportunity to draw minotaurs and Dog Boys and funky Line Walkers (gas mask optional).

And it's no problem if people want to wait before getting the money together, since I'm booked solid for the next two weeks, catching up on my comic buffer and getting ready for the con at the end of the month. I won't be able to do much until that's over, since it's my first con and I'll need to do a bunch of prep for it.

Thunderhowl
Regular Poster

Post by Thunderhowl »

Alina P wrote:I think I could be persuaded to draw some really cool-looking Rifts characters... :) You evil, evil people, tempting me with the opportunity to draw minotaurs and Dog Boys and funky Line Walkers (gas mask optional).

And it's no problem if people want to wait before getting the money together, since I'm booked solid for the next two weeks, catching up on my comic buffer and getting ready for the con at the end of the month. I won't be able to do much until that's over, since it's my first con and I'll need to do a bunch of prep for it.
YAY! XD

Also...
Alina P wrote:Jane manages not to roll her eyes as the PsiHound suddenly stands at attention and begins spouting Coalition propaganda, though she does let a small sigh escape her. It's always sickening to hear, but there's something especially sad about hearing it from this happy, enthusiastic, ex-Dog Boy. He's not even a part of the Coalition anymore, and yet still he spouts their vitriol.

She wonders if he really believes what he's saying, or even knows what it means.
WOOHOO! This is almost EXACTLY what I was going for with Rex. I love it when a plan comes together! :lol: This is why I love roleplaying, and why I chose to play a Coalition character. This group is going to be so much fun to roleplay with! XD XD
A Zen Koan:
A Master said unto his Student,
"I Own you, Bitch. Know this."
And the Student was Owned,
And Knew it.

Tom the Fanboy
Cartoon Hero

Post by Tom the Fanboy »

Last time I played CS we were part of a squad that was supposed to go AWOL after a couple of shady missions. Iwas playing a totally loyal soldier who really had no reason to go AWOL yet. We didn't even get back to base before the GM's favorite player (he had a crush on her) blows a hole through our colonel's head!I did get to hunt her down and kill her later, but I've still never gotten to roleplay through the fall from the blind loyalty to indecision and then to opposition. It is something to hope for I guess.

Yeah, you've done a really great job with Rex, Thunderhowl. it will be fun to see how people open his eyes.

That reminds me that I need to start tabulating experience points pretty soon. I'm getting married next weekend so let's look forward to XP before May, alright?
Tom the Fanboy

"You should totally put that in your signature Tom. You drain 1d10 investigators per round." -Dustman

Thunderhowl
Regular Poster

Post by Thunderhowl »

WOO HOO! XP! XD

Thanks. Right now Rex's world is really pretty black and white, and I'm looking forward to roleplaying him as the shades of grey bleed in.
A Zen Koan:
And Knew it.

Tom the Fanboy
Cartoon Hero

Post by Tom the Fanboy »

Thunderhowl wrote:Thanks. Right now Rex's world is really pretty black and white, and I'm looking forward to roleplaying him as the shades of grey bleed in.
I think there's a Planescape monster that bleeds shades of grey... :wink:
Tom the Fanboy

Grtdrgn
Regular Poster

Post by Grtdrgn »

Sorry I haven't posted in IC yet. Been some RL issues going on lately. I was supposed to be an uncle on Tuesday, but for lack of better words, it didn't happen. I'm still trying to come to terms with things. I'll try to come up with something to post in IC today so that I don't hold up the game.

Thunderhowl
Regular Poster

Post by Thunderhowl »

Yipes! I hope everything's ok. :(
I think we can assume you tag along if you don't get the chance to post anything for a couple days.

Hang in there dude.
A Zen Koan:
And Knew it.

Xaq
Regular Poster

Post by Xaq »

Keep it together, man. I hope everything works out ok.

We'll very much understand if you need to take some time off! Anyway, Tom is getting married, so he's going to be rather too busy to post much for a while in any case.

Grtdrgn
Regular Poster

Post by Grtdrgn »

Sorry my post ended up being so short. I feel brain-dead lately. I'll keep reading the posts on a regular basis and post when I can. I just won't make any promises as to how frequently I'll be posting.

Thanks for your understanding, all. I promise I won't be disappearing.

Tom the Fanboy
Cartoon Hero

Post by Tom the Fanboy »

My IC posts will resume when the sheriff comes down and asks the psi-hound to introduce him to the folks who helped him on the street.

If anyone wants to bow out because they don't have time for the game anymore, this is your chance.
If anyone does step down it's an ideal place to add new players to replace them.

When I get back I'll post a big meaty plot-hook for y'all!
Tom the Fanboy

Punstarr
Regular Poster

Post by Punstarr »

Have a good honeymoon, man!

I'd hate to see anyone drop out... but if someone absolutely cannot play anymore and a spot opens up, my wife is still interested in joining up.

Tom the Fanboy
Cartoon Hero

Post by Tom the Fanboy »

I didn't expect chat logs but I figured there'd be a little more stuff posted by now. Oh well.

I'm going to try and calculate the XP soon and I'll make the next post as soon as it's all tabulated.
This is where forum gaming is really going to shine since all the instances where you'd earn xp are documented.

Cheers!
Tom the Fanboy

Thunderhowl
Regular Poster

Post by Thunderhowl »

Welcome back! I think everyone was a little tentative in their posting because they didn't want to get too far ahead. I imagine things will pick up once the law-keeping trio joins up with everyone else at the Red Barn.
A Zen Koan:
And Knew it.

Tom the Fanboy
Cartoon Hero

Post by Tom the Fanboy »

OK, here are the XP totals so far.

Rex gets 360 xp
Dark Energy gets 320 xp
Karsh gets 320 xp
Fae'lin gets 280 xp
Jane gets 325 xp
Morgan gets 425 xp
Pedro gets 270 xp

I know it may not look like much but we've had a fight with one guy that was stopped by NPCs, so just keep role playing and we'll get you guys more later. Just to get it out of the way, Morgan got the most because he tried so many different plans. I don't want you guys to fluff your posts with useless plans or skill rolls but here is the XP awards that I copied out of Rifts Ultimate Edition. I considered the Brodkil a minor menace you all had help defeating and many of you did avoid unnecessary violence.

10-25 xp - Use a Skill at the right time, for the right reason. Successful or not.
25-50 xp - playing in character
75-150 xp - staying in character/alignment when tempted otherwise

25-50 xp - Clever but futile idea
25-100 xp - clever and useful idea/plan
100 xp - quick thinking idea or action that was helpful

25-50 xp - Using good judgement
50-100 xp - Deductive reasoning
100-200 xp - insightful or deductive reasoning that leads to a great success
200 xp - Critical plan/action that saves lives
400-1000 xp - critical plan/action that saves a great many lives

25-50 xp - Defeat a Minor Menace
75-100 xp - Defeat a Major Menace
150-400 xp - Defeat a Great Menace
50-100 xp - Avoid Unneccesary violence
50-100 xp - Successful daring or heroic action
50-100 xp - small act of self-sacrifice, mercy or compassion
100-300 xp - great sacrifice for the good of others, risk of death
500-700 xp - Literally sacrificing one's life to save another, certainty of death

We'll continue the game later this week. You can all continue chatting each other up over your meals and drinks at the Red Barn.
I'll say that Rex, Karsh, and Morgan arrive about 45 minutes later. The sheriff and psi-hound will come down stairs about 15 minutes after that.
Tom the Fanboy

Grtdrgn
Regular Poster

Post by Grtdrgn »

Sorry, focusing most of my energy on job searching right now. I'll try to keep up with the posts and comment or do something when I can.

Thunderhowl
Regular Poster

Post by Thunderhowl »

No worries man, that's all we can expect out of anyone, that they do what they can.

Good luck on the job hunt!

I think it's safe to assume Morgan is tagging along in our wake until you say otherwise. :wink:
A Zen Koan:
And Knew it.

Tom the Fanboy
Cartoon Hero

Post by Tom the Fanboy »

Way out of game, but I wanted a chance to post this!

Tom the Fanboy