Fan Expo 2008

This forum is for people to organize and prepare for meetings and events for the ComicGenesis Community. Serious proposals only.
Dr Legostar
Cartoon Villain

Post by Dr Legostar »

cjburgandy wrote:Be There
Tynan.. may how you've changed...
-D. M. Jeftinija Pharm.D., Ph.D. -- Yes, I've got two doctorates and I'm arrogant about it, what have *you* done with *your* life?
"People who don't care about anything will never understand the people who do." "yeah.. but we won't care."
"Legostar's on the first page of the guide. His opinion is worth more than both of yours."--Yeahduff

CJBurgandy
Eat at Crazy CJs! Home of the mad burger

Post by CJBurgandy »

Oh Master Tynan! You lost your arms in battle! But you grew some nice boobs.
CLICK HERE FOR HOT SEXY NUDES

"When Papa Smurf drank here, he was standoffish, Turk said. He favored vodka and didn't share his liquor." ~ Anchorage Daily News

Kisai
Goddess of Light
Goddess of Light

Re: Fan Expo 2008

Post by Kisai »

Preplanning

Unlike last year where I had tenatively reserved time but could only go on one trip. This year I have two events (one in June and one in July) that scrap any other potential trips for those months, which still leaves August whereby Fan Expo conflicts directly with one other event I always considered optional.

(AKA Kisai reserved CN Fax Expo time strictly for CG people)

The CN Fan Expo says 22-24 of August. When are people planning on arriving, staying at, and leaving if anyone has planned this far in advance? I have not booked plane tickets yet nor scheduled PTO (because I have to work around the June and July events as well.)

Maybe this year if we have enough people going in advance we could specificly book hotel rooms and party there or something. Just a thought. Or maybe we can hope Lego gets a big house :)

Phact0rri
The Establishment (Moderator)

Post by Phact0rri »

I'll be there.
<KittyKatBlack> You look deranged. But I mean that in the nicest way possible. ^_^;

Dr Legostar
Cartoon Villain

Post by Dr Legostar »

Kisai wrote:Or maybe we can hope Lego gets a big house :)
hey now, no speaking for me as far as accommodations go.
-D. M. Jeftinija Pharm.D., Ph.D. -- Yes, I've got two doctorates and I'm arrogant about it, what have *you* done with *your* life?
"People who don't care about anything will never understand the people who do." "yeah.. but we won't care."
"Legostar's on the first page of the guide. His opinion is worth more than both of yours."--Yeahduff

Phact0rri

Post by Phact0rri »

legostargalactica wrote:
Kisai wrote:Or maybe we can hope Lego gets a big house :)
hey now, no speaking for me as far as accommodations go.
well you don't have to stay in your own house. :lol:
<KittyKatBlack> You look deranged. But I mean that in the nicest way possible. ^_^;

CJBurgandy

Post by CJBurgandy »

It mostly depends on Keon since he's our set of wheels to and from the airport. I don't want to step on his toes and arrive/depart on a day he'd have trouble getting to the airport.

"When Papa Smurf drank here, he was standoffish, Turk said. He favored vodka and didn't share his liquor." ~ Anchorage Daily News

Dr Legostar
Cartoon Villain

Post by Dr Legostar »

cjburgandy wrote:It mostly depends on Keon since he's our set of wheels to and from the airport. I don't want to step on his toes and arrive/depart on a day he'd have trouble getting to the airport.
hopefully i'll be able to help out with that aspect.

Phact0rri

Post by Phact0rri »

its to soon for me to begin planning, but I'll probably just follow everyone's scheduale.

Lunar
Regular Poster

Post by Lunar »

I'm actually thinking about it. No solid plans yet but we'll see.

Kisai
Goddess of Light
Goddess of Light

Post by Kisai »

Okay everyone,

My credit card/airmiles thing expires in may, so I need to buy the plane tickets soon (I need to know when to arrive and when to leave) otherwise it may cost a lot more to fly. Westjet is canceling their agreement with bank of montreal/airmiles. So after may, it's only good for 20% off (where as the current promo is any flight 1600 airmiles on westjet.) I'm disappointed, as this was the only reason I paid for the gold card.

August 22-24 are the actual fan expo dates.

Oh and I need to take my Paid Time off from work soon otherwise it starts to expire.

Dotty
Cartoon Hero

Re:

Post by Dotty »

Vorticus wrote:I'd like to come again. We'll see how my vacation and finances are looking around then.
Ditto.
Caught in the headlamp glare of your own blinding vanity/Mesmerised by the stare of your shallow personality
Gorging the junk food of flattery you drag your fat ego around/Everyone floored by the battering you give to whoever's around
Oh Narcissus you petulant child admiring yourself in the curve of my eyes/Oh Narcissus you angel beguiled unsated by self you do nothing but die

Kisai
Goddess of Light
Goddess of Light

Post by Kisai »

CJBurgandy wrote:It mostly depends on Keon since he's our set of wheels to and from the airport. I don't want to step on his toes and arrive/depart on a day he'd have trouble getting to the airport.
We need a total of who's coming.

Dr Legostar
Cartoon Villain

Post by Dr Legostar »

i might be able to help with airport pickup, i won't be able to help with places to stay, our apartment is going to be too small and we're still going to be moving in and shit. Will be there, though.

CJBurgandy

Post by CJBurgandy »

BE THERE

Mon Ami
Cartoon Hero

Post by Mon Ami »

I'll see if I can go on the Saturday n__n

MariaAndMichelle
Cartoon Henchgirls

Post by MariaAndMichelle »

The way things are going, it doesn't look like we'll be able to make it this year; but we're going to try our damnedest for next! :wink: :wink:

(Damnedest = step up from darnedest)
You're just jealous because you can't get away with speaking in the third person...

Image Image

Dr Legostar
Cartoon Villain

Post by Dr Legostar »

CJBurgandy wrote:BE THERE
k

Dr Legostar
Cartoon Villain

Post by Dr Legostar »

holy crap, kristy swanson's gonna be a guest!

CaptainClaude
Witty British President

Post by CaptainClaude »

Posting a rather urgent request for somewhere to stay here as it seems I am coming now.