Future of dropdowns

For sign-ups for genre-related dropdowns and to discuss and organise crossover events.

Future of dropdowns

Postby Phact0rri on Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:09 pm

Some of you know, most probably don't, I been working on designing a new backdrop of how Dropdowns are run. My main goal is to set it up, so that the main genre drop downs, are not continually left dead-- which happens a lot. With Pillywiggins leaving it was apparant with the amount she was running, that the way dropdowns have been done in the past might not be the best way they should be done in the future *s*

The idea is rather simple. Centralized dropdowns. on the Depository, there will be copies (or the original) scripts, of all the genre and "offical" dropdowns. These are not the ones like "blood letters: dropdowns for vampires" and "comics that have X in thier name" these are more or less genre based ones... like sci fi, horror, anime, etc... the really important ones.

The reason for this, is so that if someone moderating, one or more of them suddenly goes away, we can still continue it with a new moderator, until they return, or someone steps up to take over.

Also even I am not accounting myself to not have an issue where I disappear, so the depository's login information will not just be in my possession.

with that said I've come up with some mainstays that need to be recreated

GENRES & Themes:
Science Fiction
Fantasy
Horror
Drama
GBLT (Queerspace)
work place
Furries
Superheroes

FORMATS & Styles
Manga/anime
Black & white
Graphic Novel
3d/poser/models

Not sure if thats all of them, if there are those that are uber important to have, a dropdown for... let me know.
<KittyKatBlack> You look deranged. But I mean that in the nicest way possible. ^_^;
Phact0rri
The Establishment (Moderator)

Re: Future of dropdowns

Postby Boozeathon4billion on Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:06 pm

Since I'm doing a weird/surreal one called "off-the-wall" I'd also be willing to do some for other areas that my comic falls into (color, gag-a-day, minimalist, etc). I'm surprised the dropdowns have fallen off the charts so much. In the past they've been my gateway to finding more comics to read and seem to have built up a community of similar authors in a constructive manner.

Just let me know if I can help. I'd be glad to contribute whatever I can.

(ps: mebbe we should have the active dropdowns stickyed or the old ones archived so more people won't be trying to get in on them)
Image Image
Boozeathon4billion
Regular Poster

Postby Phact0rri on Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:41 am

well its a bit of the story, as to what happened with the dropdowns. and thank you for your pledge to help I'll tap you before to long I promise.

the sticky thing would be a good idea, but excessive stickying isn't so great on forums and in time they can get to be big. instead I'll make a thread about which ones are active.
<KittyKatBlack> You look deranged. But I mean that in the nicest way possible. ^_^;
Phact0rri

Postby Risky on Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:27 pm

I'm willing to help with the manga/anime dropdown, especially since I theoretically still run the Keenime dropdown. It'd probably be a good idea to recreate it from scratch under a new name (like Genime). Keenime also has a website automatically generated by its dropdown code, which I'm happy to incorporate into the depository if it is so desired.
~Scott
Image Image
Risky

Postby Phact0rri on Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:28 am

sounds awesome. If you need any help setting up let me know.
Phact0rri

Postby Phact0rri on Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:37 pm

finally there are a few new genre dropdowns I've started. if your interested join a few. keep in mind depending on how people gravitate towards them it might be a little time before enough people join to start these things again.

let other people know... they don't have to be a CG comic to actually join a dropdown.
Phact0rri

Postby Jim_Farris on Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:06 pm

Very informative.
Jim_Farris

Return to Dropdowns and Crossovers