Good quotes

A forum for fans of the Weregeek comic and of all things Geek.

Postby Occupant on Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:49 pm

Narf the Mouse wrote:I got one like that, though. "Don't get in the way of the people who know what they are doing."

Especially if they are a Forward Observer.
Occupant

Postby Narf the Mouse on Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:24 pm

'Where does one get this 'life', I wonder, and how much does it cost?' - From a promising Naruto fanfic.
I have a livejournal

'Rule #2 : There is the game and there is reality. Between them is a BIG HONKING wall.' - Narshal, RPG.net, D&D alignment debate.
Narf the Mouse
Cartoon Hero

Postby Occupant on Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:01 pm

I think that life was a... board game... yeah... or so I heard...
Occupant

Postby Jamming on Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:18 am

In my first AD&D campaign that I ran there was a guy playing a Dwarf Fighter and a gal playing an Elven Ranger, their characters had fallen in love during the game due to an Elixir of Love.

Well, it was still early in First Edition AD&D, I decided to use another semi usable game system's Arduins Critical Hit Chart. The party was attacked by Trolls and the Troll hits with a critical and the result on the chart was "Groin, Object Torn Off". The gal playing the Elven Ranger, watches the Dwarf Fighter crumple and in horror Yells at Me (as the Troll)...

NO! THOSE ARE MINE!!!

I couldn't keep a straight face for the next hour of play.

:o :lol:
Jamming

Postby Thunderhowl on Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:37 am

Here's a classic line from my AD&D game back in the day.
The rogue was making one hell of a racket in hostile territory, faaaar far from the rest of the PCs and it attracted the attention of a wandering monster. After the terrific butt whupping he took, (in which the rest of the party, attracted by his screams of agony came to his rescue) he protested my decision to have the noise he was making cause a check on the wandering monster table. Here is what he said.

Sound does NOT travel in dungeons! It's a PROVEN FACT!!"

I couldn't make that up. To this day he hasn't lived that one down.
A Zen Koan:
A Master said unto his Student,
"I Own you, Bitch. Know this."
And the Student was Owned,
And Knew it.
Thunderhowl
Regular Poster

Postby Narf the Mouse on Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:54 am

The trouble with ones' vocal apparatus is it is only somewhat connected to ones' brain and not very much with ones' critical thinking skills.
I have a livejournal

'Rule #2 : There is the game and there is reality. Between them is a BIG HONKING wall.' - Narshal, RPG.net, D&D alignment debate.
Narf the Mouse
Cartoon Hero

Postby Tom the Fanboy on Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:43 pm

In honor of "Accio Shotgun, bitch."

Originally posted here.
http://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?t=364257&page=263
Tom the Fanboy
Enthusiasm over Accuracy!

"You should totally put that in your signature Tom. You drain 1d10 investigators per round." -Dustman
Tom the Fanboy
Cartoon Hero

Postby Punstarr on Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:07 pm

It's funny. I found that same image earlier today and it gave me a good chuckle. :lol:
Punstarr
Regular Poster

Postby Blitz413 on Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:37 pm

Just starting a new campaign with my tabletop crew of countless years, we found ourselves on the plains being chased by large contingent of kobolds. To try and buy some time the Rogue in the party looks at us and the fact we just left the tall grass that the large group was in and says "We need something that spreads and burns" unable to remember what the hell alchemist's fire is called.

My response was "What? like Herpes?"
Blitz413

Postby Narf the Mouse on Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:24 am

Welcome to the forum!

'Hmm...What if the horror of the mythos isn't horrible monsters with 'non-euclidean dimensions', but finding out your whole life is somebodies' fanfic?' - Me
I have a livejournal

Narf the Mouse
Cartoon Hero

Postby Tom the Fanboy on Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:27 am

Narf the Mouse wrote:'Hmm...What if the horror of the mythos isn't horrible monsters with 'non-euclidean dimensions', but finding out your whole life is somebodies' fanfic?' - Me

Ooooooh! Chilling!

"None of this made any sense!" Charles Dexter Ward thought to himself. "Why do I find myself so sexually attracted to this mysterious ancient idol in my grandfather's attic?"

:twisted:
Tom the Fanboy
Enthusiasm over Accuracy!

"You should totally put that in your signature Tom. You drain 1d10 investigators per round." -Dustman
Tom the Fanboy
Cartoon Hero

Postby Narf the Mouse on Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:00 am

...You really think that's a parady?

No. That's what real fanfic can be like.
I have a livejournal

Narf the Mouse
Cartoon Hero

Postby Dustman on Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:32 pm

Jaded much?

Also, from a conversation involving a rather twisted string of logic with a friend of mine.

"Okay. So, ice cream has no bones. Sharks have no bones. Therefore, sharks are made of ice cream. My brother is allergic to sharks, and you are lactose intolerant. Ergo, you are my brother." --Me.

Somehow this evolved into conversations of ice cream skeletons and frozen yogurt zombies, and eventually wound up with us proving that Hitler was actually Spanish. But I don't remember how it went. That I have conversations like that with an alarming degree of regularity when in the presence of like-minded persons is proof that I have no need for mind-altering substances.
"I'm a weatherman, I don't believe in fate."
--Randall Stevens

My perfect job: freelance pun engineer.

Accio Shotgun B#@%! -- Tom the Fanboy
Dustman
Regular Poster

Postby Narf the Mouse on Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:59 pm

Considering that I've done searches in fandoms I've never searched before and run into stories that I already read...

...No, just realistic. Mind, most fanfic doesn't get that bad. But, just to demonstrate what I mean (And give you a deperate need of brain bleach...)

'Wincest'. That's incest + Winchesters. As in the two brothers from supernatural.

Yes, those stories happen enough there is an actual term for it.
I have a livejournal

Narf the Mouse
Cartoon Hero

Re: Good quotes

Postby Illusionist on Sun Mar 09, 2008 2:43 pm

Wash: This landing is going to get pretty interesting.
Mal: Define interesting!
Wash: "Oh god, oh god, we're all gonna die"?

Mal: This is the captain, we have a lil' problem with our entry sequence, so we may experience some slight… turbulence, and then… explode.
Jayne: We're gonna explode? I don't wanna explode!

Wash: Inara. Nice to see her again.
Zoë: So... trap?
Mal: Trap.
Zoë: Are we going in?
Mal: Oh, it ain't but a few hours out.
Wash: Yeah, but, remember the part where it's a trap?.

Mal: Zoë, the ship is yours. Remember, if anything happens to me; if you don't hear from me within the hour; you take this ship and you come and you rescue me!
Zoë: What? And risk my ship?
Mal: I mean it. It's cold out there, and I don't want to get left.

Wash: Can I make a suggestion that doesn't involve killing anybody, or is this the wrong crowd?
Warren Ellis: I figure that the more of you there are around me, the more chance there is of the inevitable hail of bullets hitting you instead of me.

Dr. Kelso: In order to save us some time, I shall be calling all the males "Daves" and all the females "Debbies".
Debbie: Debbie is actually my name!
Dr. Kelso: Then in fairness to the others, you will be "Slagathor".
Illusionist
Regular Poster

Previous

Return to Weregeek