Little advice

A forum for fans of the Weregeek comic and of all things Geek.
Narf the Mouse
Cartoon Hero

Little advice

Post by Narf the Mouse »

One thing I've noted is that plenty of people spread big, life-changing pieces of advice, like 'Look on the bright side!' and 'Hope is like a butterfly'.

However, no-one ever seems to spread the little, not-life-changing, but usefull bits of advice. Like 'If you pick up a pineapple by a leaf and the leaf breaks off, it's ripe' or 'Don't by a motercycle jacket with a design on it, it's probably gang colours that'll get you beaten'.

So: 'When you buy bananas, by them slightly green, not fully ripe. You'll be able to eat them longer'.
I have a livejournal

'Rule #2 : There is the game and there is reality. Between them is a BIG HONKING wall.' - Narshal, RPG.net, D&D alignment debate.

Aldagrim
Regular Poster

Post by Aldagrim »

Don't overlook pennies on the ground, because while a penny saved may be a penny earned, a free penny on the ground still makes sense.
A ninja feels no pain...owie.-Abbie from Weregeek

One post wonder
Regular Poster

Post by One post wonder »

Using hydrogen peroxide with baking soda to remove pet stains from a carpet is not as good of an idea as one may at first believe...
My name made sense when I first thought it up.

I apologize in advance for the inevitable awkwardness.

Narf the Mouse
Cartoon Hero

Post by Narf the Mouse »

...What, no explanation? I want explanation!

Always remember how much tissue the toilet can handle. (But that one probably explains itself)
I have a livejournal

'Rule #2 : There is the game and there is reality. Between them is a BIG HONKING wall.' - Narshal, RPG.net, D&D alignment debate.

One post wonder
Regular Poster

Post by One post wonder »

Oh, sorry. I got the idea after seeing an ad for Oxyclean. I figured that if oxygen = stain remover, a hydrogen peroxide reaction should be second to none! And it was! My gray carped had been bleached white.
My name made sense when I first thought it up.

I apologize in advance for the inevitable awkwardness.

Aldagrim
Regular Poster

Post by Aldagrim »

Well, hydrogen peroxide IS a commonly used form of non-chlorine bleach. It can help remove stains and a small cap full in your ear can remove waxy buildup! Lovely stuff. Just add a molecule of oxygen to water, and H2O2!

Sorry, I'm not really a geek. I'm a nerd in disguise.

Also, don't want in the park at night, though that should be self-inherent.

Punstarr
Regular Poster

Post by Punstarr »

The more red meat you eat, the more gas you're going to have, and the more it and your poop's gonna stink.

Oh and don't walk into a bar... it hurts.

Susan Calvin
Regular Poster

Post by Susan Calvin »

If something falls out anything unexpectantly, it's most likely a bad sign.

Thanatos5150
Regular Poster

Post by Thanatos5150 »

Always be aware that the pointy end of the knife really, really hurts.
"Justice is the Art of the Thief"
~Socrates~
"Weapons and armor are for those who lack skill, Honor and courage"
~Drunken Monk to a Paladin in the tavern. No bystanders were harmed in the ensuing brawl~

Sir Ritalin
Regular Poster

Post by Sir Ritalin »

If you're not sure you can take care of a plant, start with a Christmas cactus. When it flowers two years in a row, feel free to get something more demanding.

Narf the Mouse
Cartoon Hero

Post by Narf the Mouse »

If your area rains a lot, get shoes with high soles. Trust me, you'll appreciate them.
I have a livejournal

Aldagrim
Regular Poster

Post by Aldagrim »

Narf the Mouse wrote:If your area rains a lot, get shoes with high soles. Trust me, you'll appreciate them.
Wow, the first thing I thought when I read that was "High soles? Fish on drugs!" Man, I'm tired. It's only seven o'clock?

If the first thing you think of when you read the phrase "high soles" is fish on drugs, you need to take a break.

Narf the Mouse
Cartoon Hero

Post by Narf the Mouse »

Huh. Never knew there was a type of fish called a 'sole'.
I have a livejournal

Tom the Fanboy
Cartoon Hero

Post by Tom the Fanboy »

Separate your D&D dice, your Shadowrun (or Warhammer) dice and your White Wolf Dice into separate dice bags. It will make your gaming easier AND let you buy more dice.

Put a golf pencil in your dicebag with a pen cap over the pointy end. Just in case you mechanical pencil runs out of lead mid-combat.

Hooray for Eagle Scout gamers! Always Prepared!
Tom the Fanboy
Enthusiasm over Accuracy!

"You should totally put that in your signature Tom. You drain 1d10 investigators per round." -Dustman

Narf the Mouse
Cartoon Hero

Post by Narf the Mouse »

When going camping in the winter, get winter boots. Not rubber boots.

Also, ground-sheet. Essential.
I have a livejournal

Aldagrim
Regular Poster

Post by Aldagrim »

If there is snow on the ground and the pavement does not look icy, yet looks somewhat darker than the pavement around it, check to see if it looks shiny at all. If either of these two requisites match, feel it. It could be black ice, which is much slipperier and more dangerous than the thicker, more visible kind.