Jaegers - The applications are closed.

Animals? Deities? Automatons? Man, there are some wacky things here.
The Neko
A Blithe ray of Schadenfreude

Re: The Jaegers want you! - Cavalry Recruitment (privates on

Post by The Neko »

Forum Name: R. L.
Character name: Perhaps something that has a meaning like "Hazy moonight" or "Blue Breeze", something that is given to a child that was thought to be kind or meek. You know, for irony.
Proposed Rank: Private
Species: Black Panther
Body Type: Big and intimidating
Height: 6' 10"
Description: Very tall and intimidating, but at the same time, not threatening. Well-kept, clean black fur. The only scraggly part is his "hair" of sorts, which brushes forward at odd angles. Any scars and unjuries are covered by clothes and boxing tape. Also, blue eyes, ultramarine.
Clothing: Square-ish glasses that don't have rims on the top to allow more clear sight forward and upwards. White trousers that are tied down to the calves by boxing tape. The boxing tape also covers his hands and his feet. He also has loose ankle bracelets.
Personality: Not to say that he is unnecessarily gentle (a cliché for that kind of character), but he is not one to be gruff or suddenly violent. He kind of has Bruce-Wayne syndrome, which drove most of his life to be working towards being in both top physical and mental condition in order to protect himself from the dangers world. His true passion, though, is old books which explains why he needs glasses. (If he had not been traumatized in his youth, he probably would have ended up being a scholar.) He is not unusually talkative nor is he stereotypically stoic, although he is a lot calmer under duress. However, there are cracks in the veneer and can easily become depressed when he encounters a major setback/loss.
Items: Satchel full of books. He'll often change out tomes he's read for new ones during his few free moments.

QUICK DUDDLES!
Last edited by The Neko on Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Mortician
Cartoon Hero

Post by The Mortician »

Neko, There is absolutely nothing wrong with that character that I need to fix or correct. Great job!

I'll get the name to you soon. I have to find my full language word sheets.

The Mortician
Cartoon Hero

Post by The Mortician »

Forum Name: Wisefox
Character name: Deox Tribal
Species: Fox
Body Type: 20 year old male avarage
Height: 6'
Description: A heavily scarred black fox who is missing his left arm.
Clothing: N/A
Personality: Very neutral, but goes out of his way to assist, and is determined to do so.
Items: His custom revolver, Outsider.
Sent to me from another forum.

The Mortician
Cartoon Hero

Post by The Mortician »

The Fixed version of the above post.

Forum Name: Wisefox
Character name: Deoks Teribahl
Species: Red Fox (also known to have Grey or Black fur)
Body Type: Average
Height: 6'

Description: A heavily scarred black fox, this is what he looks like. However, now he is missing his left arm due to an "accident", years ago. His arm has been cleaved at about 1/4th of the way down the bicep.

Clothing: Combination of these two uniforms, minus the cape. His pants are black.
http://www.jvcmusic.co.jp/m-serve/last- ... /alex1.jpg
http://www.umich.edu/~iinet/crees/outre ... nights.jpg (guy on the left)

Personality: Very neutral, but goes out of his way to assist, and is determined to do so. He is a medic by trade and needs to take pills to stop himself from pain/insanity. He is usually on the lookout for his sister, Dehlila.

Items: His crossbow has the word "Outsider" written on it. He also has a medpack around his waist

The Mortician
Cartoon Hero

Post by The Mortician »

Yejel Gahlia

and

Deoks Teribahl

The Mortician
Cartoon Hero

Post by The Mortician »

CAPTAINS
Mitt Tahns
Tobua Yelponam

PRIVATES
Dalam "Crumbs"
Ralisun Clarhem the Third
Yejel Gahlia
Deoks Teribah

That is 6 so far.
None women.

Laemkral
Cartoon Hero

Post by Laemkral »

Forum Name: Laemkral
Character name: Rass Krankik
Species: Imaseya (one of your aforementioned lizard folks, I'm thinking somewhat crocodilian)
Body Type: Athletic, larger than average
Height: Larger than average
Description: A garish visible scar through her left eye which no longer works and is a milky white. Her scales are dark green with a shimmer of blue around her eyes and on raised areas. She is a veteran soldier, having seen combat before with her people and the Jaeger. Having left her home at a young age to seek her fortune and journey the world, she is no stranger to hardship. A few metal studs decorate her jaw line, ornaments from lands far off.
Clothing: She wears a tattered blue linen skirt over leather pants. A leather jerkin, aged and worn but still better than nothing fits over a faded peach blouse. Her simple manner of dress is befitting her desire to travel lightly.
Personality: A quick temper that gets her into trouble, she is insubordinate and refuses to follow those who she feels are incompetent. Strongly independent and proud of her people and their culture, she can be headstrong and forward.
Items: A flask of liquor (engraved) that hangs on her belt, a scrying glass, various trinkets and bobbles, a walking stick from her adventuring days, and a bedroll and items stowed neatly in a ruck on her back. She has little that isn't needed for fighting.
Heed these words: I do not draw. Photos if you're lucky.

The Mortician
Cartoon Hero

Post by The Mortician »

Although I can't even find a problem with this character, I have to double check my notes on Imaseya based characters, just so I don't double step any rules.

I'm sure its fine.

Fesworks
Regular Poster

Post by Fesworks »

Forum Name: Fesworks
Character name: Ahnya
Species: Mouse
Body Type: um... mousey
Height: 1.3 meters
Description: (see image)
Clothing: Peasant's Dress, "Lock" Belt
Personality: She's has a bit of an attitude from being small of course. Has had many children, so she does not take any guff from people. Also, used to farming, or crop gathering.
Items: Pitch fork.

An sketched example for visualization purposes:
Fesworks Hub Site: http://www.Fesworks.com

The Mortician
Cartoon Hero

Post by The Mortician »

The name is fine, the species is fine, the personality is fine. Only one thing I am wondering about is the pitchfork. Thanks for drawing it. I shall redraw it soon as I figure out Laem's and do the pending QnA question still.

Meanwhile, this thread isn't allowing for new submissions. Other than Lunar who is pending to be the final submission, #9.

After he posts, this thread will remain open for your comments but I will lock if the moment someone else attempts to submit a new Jaeger.

Fesworks
Regular Poster

Post by Fesworks »

I was going for that she is/was a farmer... more specifically, a field worker... a crop gatherer. She does not need to have the pitchfork as her weapon... though for crowd control, it could be useful... ;)
Fesworks Hub Site: http://www.Fesworks.com

The Mortician
Cartoon Hero

Post by The Mortician »

fesworks wrote:I was going for that she is/was a farmer... more specifically, a field worker... a crop gatherer. She does not need to have the pitchfork as her weapon... though for crowd control, it could be useful... ;)
No no, I get that concept well and fine. I mean, who has never heard of "bring your own pitchfork to work" day?

Lunar
Regular Poster

Post by Lunar »

Forum Name: Lunar
Character name: Noria Optera
Species: Bat
Body Type: Slender
Height: Average
Description: Dark gray fur? (Do bats have fur? I'm fairly certain bats have fur) and white hair that ends just below the shoulders
Clothing: Wears a white tabard tied at the waist with a purple sach. The reason for the tabard is that as her wings connect to her body just above her waist it makes it difficult to wear sleaves (She also enjoys the freedom it allows). Silver bands adorn both wrists as well was around her ankles
Personality: Noria is quiet and tends to keep to herself most of the time. She isn't shy, she just perfers to be left alone ands to become irritated with people who pester her. This can give her a rather anti-social air to those that don't know her. Despite these personality issues she will fight with all her heart to defend her allies and friends.

The Mortician
Cartoon Hero

Post by The Mortician »

I had talked to my co-writer about it and it was decided that because these animals are no longer native to their origin species, it would be better that she does not fly, but I will accept hanging upside down from the ceiling for this Ninja like bat.

The Mortician
Cartoon Hero

Post by The Mortician »

As I figured these are how the groups will separate. Of course I realize a fowl of my own with using Desaad instead of Optera. Still need to draw them of course... and make my own two soldiers for the second rank under Captain Tahns

The Mortician
Cartoon Hero

Post by The Mortician »

Laemkral wrote:Character name: Rahs Kehranki
Species: Imaseya (crocodile)

Items: a scrying glass, various trinkets and bobbles
Items: I am going to remove the scrying glass and instead, put the trinkets in a side pouch for this one.