Fan Expo 2008

This forum is for people to organize and prepare for meetings and events for the ComicGenesis Community. Serious proposals only.
Aeridus
Cartoon Hero

Fan Expo 2008

Post by Aeridus »

To make up for not being at cookout, I might well go to Fan Expo 2008 in Toronto (August 22nd-24th), especially so I can see the great Ghastly. :D Anyone planning on going for sure yet? What's a good time to start booking a hotel room in advance? I figure by that time I'll have a steady job with a tech firm, and monies shouldn't be as huge an issue.
Village Idiot Vs World webcomic and other works of art

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting, ‘Holy shit! What a ride!’ "
~Mavis Leyrer

Pimpette
Cartoon Hero

Post by Pimpette »

I'll be there, dragging Tynan and K-Dawg along as usual. Image

And if you're wondering about hotels... whenever Hobbystar puts its Expo2008 website up, they usually have a list of hotels in the Toronto area. More specifically, hotels that you can get a discount on if you mention the expo.

And oh man, if I don't get a table THIS year, heads are going to roll.
I stab at thee, Canada Post.

Prettysenshi
Bork Bork Bork

Post by Prettysenshi »

I thought you were planning to go to Heroes' Con, Aeridus? Changed plans or are you hoping to make it to both?

Dr Legostar
Cartoon Villain

Post by Dr Legostar »

I'll be there, and by "be there" I mean I'll be living in Toronto and possibly yelling at pimpy for failing to get a table yet again.
-D. M. Jeftinija Pharm.D., Ph.D. -- Yes, I've got two doctorates and I'm arrogant about it, what have *you* done with *your* life?
"People who don't care about anything will never understand the people who do." "yeah.. but we won't care."
"Legostar's on the first page of the guide. His opinion is worth more than both of yours."--Yeahduff

Aeridus
Cartoon Hero

Post by Aeridus »

I'm going to Heroes' Con instead of the cookout since it's cheaper and I have to choose between the two due to them being too close to each other time-wise. I don't think work would let me get off two weeks in a row practically.
Village Idiot Vs World webcomic and other works of art

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting, ‘Holy shit! What a ride!’ "
~Mavis Leyrer

Pimpette
Cartoon Hero

Post by Pimpette »

legostargalactica wrote:I'll be there, and by "be there" I mean I'll be living in Toronto and possibly yelling at pimpy for failing to get a table yet again.
:cry:

Dr Legostar
Cartoon Villain

Post by Dr Legostar »

Pimpette wrote:
legostargalactica wrote:I'll be there, and by "be there" I mean I'll be living in Toronto and possibly yelling at pimpy for failing to get a table yet again.
:cry:
I said "possibly!"
-D. M. Jeftinija Pharm.D., Ph.D. -- Yes, I've got two doctorates and I'm arrogant about it, what have *you* done with *your* life?
"People who don't care about anything will never understand the people who do." "yeah.. but we won't care."
"Legostar's on the first page of the guide. His opinion is worth more than both of yours."--Yeahduff

Keffria
The Wimpy Teaching Assistant (Mod)

Post by Keffria »

Barring unforeseen circumstances, I'll be there, too, though I won't be claiming any table-space.

MariaAndMichelle
Cartoon Henchgirls

Post by MariaAndMichelle »

God, we wanna go so bad. Michelle has to get her passport still, and we'll probably be doing job-like stuff, but we're gonna try our darnedest. Hopefully, Maria will have a better car by then and we can make a road trip of it. :) :)
You're just jealous because you can't get away with speaking in the third person...

Image Image

Vorticus
Backrub Fiend

Post by Vorticus »

I'd like to come again. We'll see how my vacation and finances are looking around then.

Ti-Phil
Héro de Dessin Animé

Post by Ti-Phil »

Hmmm...perhaps... perhaps....
The Volet

What, free publicity never harmed anyone..right?

"Bunnies just aren't dense enough. You'd have to squish them until their little bunny electrons mated with their little bunny protons." -rkolter

Grabmygoblin
Cartoon Hero

Post by Grabmygoblin »

prolly not

CJBurgandy
Eat at Crazy CJs! Home of the mad burger

Post by CJBurgandy »

as soon as I figure out how to scrounge up money, I'll buy a ticket. This is my ONLY GOAL in life D: because I'm a sap.

(well Kisai is my other goal, but that's in a totally different sense..... :shucks: )
CLICK HERE FOR HOT SEXY NUDES

"When Papa Smurf drank here, he was standoffish, Turk said. He favored vodka and didn't share his liquor." ~ Anchorage Daily News

CaptainClaude
Witty British President

Post by CaptainClaude »

August 22nd to 24th? is that absolutely confirmed official? cos I kinda need to know

Keffria

Post by Keffria »

Keffria wrote:Barring unforeseen circumstances, I'll be there, too, though I won't be claiming any table-space.
So it seems mostly-unforeseen circumstances have arisen, and I'm not likely to be there.

Edit: No, sorry, I definitely won't be there; I don't arrive back on Canadian soil 'til midday on the 30th. If anyone is in Paris or nearby around the end of August, however, I will be there.
Last edited by Keffria on Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CJBurgandy

Post by CJBurgandy »

Keffria wrote:
Keffria wrote:Barring unforeseen circumstances, I'll be there, too, though I won't be claiming any table-space.
So it seems mostly-unforeseen circumstances have arisen, and I'm not likely to be there. If anyone remains in the UK around that time, though, I will be in the general area. ;>_>
D:
ryclaude wrote:August 22nd to 24th? is that absolutely confirmed official? cos I kinda need to know
That's what they have listed on their website, so since it's up on that, I'm going to say they've already booked the convention center for that weekend.

"When Papa Smurf drank here, he was standoffish, Turk said. He favored vodka and didn't share his liquor." ~ Anchorage Daily News

CaptainClaude
Witty British President

Post by CaptainClaude »

man the number of times i've looked for the website and not found it >.<

Tynan
A REAL ADVEEEENTURERRRRRRR

Post by Tynan »

CJBurgandy

Post by CJBurgandy »

Be There

CJBurgandy

Post by CJBurgandy »

*double post! yay!*