Calling all European members

This forum is for people to organize and prepare for meetings and events for the ComicGenesis Community. Serious proposals only.

Postby Killbert-Robby on Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:32 am

On behalf of the meetup I must say we're totally flattered
Killbert-Robby
Cartoon Hero

Postby CorpAmis on Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:19 pm

:( :( :cry: :cry: :( :cry: :-? :x :ick: D: :shifty: :ick: :cry: :x :-? :( :(

Exams...

I should have known Karma will get back at me big time for all the good luck I have been having the whole year!!

If you think "Psshh..Its just exams", you have no idea how terrible exams can be...Atleast my type of exams!

145 hours more!!
The real creativity lies in hiding your sources.
-Albert Einstein

CorpAmis
Regular Poster

Postby CorpAmis on Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:52 am

The nightmare is over!! So are there any more ideas as to the get-together or that is all?

I would say some things but I think the locals know the best!
(I heard about some sorta dungeons)
-Albert Einstein

CorpAmis
Regular Poster

Postby Rickford on Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:02 pm

Dungeons? Do you by any chance mean the London Dungeon? I can't think what else you'd mean...

... well, if that is the case, I have a friend who works there. If I remember rightly, it costs about £15 per person. However, with the above contact, I got a group of people in for free last time. Want me to be making some enquiries?
Rickford
Irreverent

Postby CorpAmis on Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:11 am

Yeah..The London Dungeons!!Rusty put that idea in me...Well I think its time we decide the times and places for sure..I like the Dungeon idea and the gaming idea...I am free till 5 pm..I have a train at 8 pm!
-Albert Einstein

CorpAmis
Regular Poster

Postby Hogan on Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:16 am

I still can't attend... but IF I could, I would come secretly in advance... and wait for you in the Dungeons... in hiding... wearing a Mask... :twisted:
When webcomics clash: The Webcomic Crossover & Cameo Archive!
Here it comes... the CameoComic
Hogan
Regular Poster

Postby Rickford on Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:43 pm

Well, since I'm a local, I can make myself available whenever really. Pick a definate date (Are we going with the 9th?), and I'll get to seeing if I can arrange things for the day. (i.e. gaming/dungeon, and I'll see if I can get us in for free/discount.)

I'll also need a decent list of attendees, so that I can figure out booking things where it's needed.

If it's a whole day thing we're doing, with current suggestions, it's looking like:

Morning - Lan Gaming

I checked up on the opening times of the awesometacular Lan Gaming place I use, and if we're doing it on the 9th (which is a sunday) it will be open. It needs to be booked a few days beforehand though, to be sure we'll get our space.

Afternoon - London Dungeon

Edit: Just checked up prices for the London Dungeon, and it's £20 per person. If I can't get us in free, then that's pretty damn expensive, and might warrant reconsidering. I went there not too long ago, and whilst it's a bit of a larf, I wouldn't say it was worth that much.

Evening (Depending how many people are staying) - West End/ Pub/ ??

Attendees:

Myself (Rickford)
CorpAmis
Robby
Rusty
Aiken

If your name's not on the list, pipe up and I'll add it. I will also try to rope in a few more locals, i.e. Claude etc.
Edit: Ironically, Claude is in America on the 9th. He apparently leaves England two days before.

If anyone has other suggestions or ideas they'd like to throw into the list, then by all means go ahead.

I didn't actually set out to organise this, it's just that I happen to be knowledgeable about the places/things people want to visit/do >.<
Rickford
Irreverent

Postby CorpAmis on Thu Nov 29, 2007 8:57 pm

Well...We ARE going on 9th..And we could game in the morning, have lunch and then go some place or just hang out.
I am Indian, Robby moved to England 2 months ago and Rusty is Irish...Ofcourse you should organise :P

Well..I am leaving by 5 PM :(..Maybe I can stretch it to 6

I really don't know much about the place and I think Robby is in Malta..I will call him and ask him things..

What about Pip?
And if you can actually take us for free, it could be fun!! When can you tell us? We should have Option B now!!
-Albert Einstein

CorpAmis
Regular Poster

Postby Rickford on Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:37 pm

Alas, I suspect Pip is working on that day, even though I gave him strict instructions to get the day off. However, I might be able to get him to tag along for a little while, either before or afterwards. He has weird shifts.

Ok, the gaming place I recommend is in West Finchley. It's called Radicl. All you have to do, is get the tube to West Finchley, turn left upon leaving the station, and there it is. You can't get lost, because there's nothing else there. We can either meet there, or we can pick a more obvious spot for everyone to meet up and then travel there. I'd like people to tell me which they prefer, since I realise not everyone knows their way around the london underground.

Radicl is open from 10am onwards. I would suggest 10am be our starting time. We have a couple hours gameage, then hop back onto the tube, and it takes us directly to the west end for lunch/hanging out.

I'll see about getting us those free dungeon tickets, and post when I have news. If I can get them, then we do that in the afternoon after lunch.

Then we have the whole of London to entertain us, and London ain't short on entertainment.
Rickford
Irreverent

Postby CorpAmis on Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:19 am

Well..I am not sure about this part..I will have to know where exactly I am living before I can something..I think meeting at a common place and travelling there can be fun..Well..Lets see what the others think...
-Albert Einstein

CorpAmis
Regular Poster

Postby CorpAmis on Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:54 am

I'm going to be staying at Woking...So I have to first get to Waterloo and then to West Finchley..Do any of you stay near to where I live?
-Albert Einstein

CorpAmis
Regular Poster

Postby Killbert-Robby on Sun Dec 02, 2007 1:51 pm

Hey hey I know London too, I spent a large portion of my young years there, and I did actually live up there a while before settling in Brighton, dont consider me totally ignorant XD And its been 4 months, not 2.... sorry, I'm jus really hyper and excited to be back home XD

But Rick's ideas sound... sound. Ugh, repetition

And yes I'm back in Malta, I'm back in the UK... Wednesday, if I remember correctly.

Also, dungeon tickets are like my food budget for 2 weeks, lets try and see if we can find something cheaper if it falls through XD
Killbert-Robby
Cartoon Hero

Postby CorpAmis on Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:30 pm

One of you suggest something...I have nothing in mind

Rickford was talking about a comedy club!
-Albert Einstein

CorpAmis
Regular Poster

Postby Rickford on Mon Dec 03, 2007 4:38 am

Okies, well I'm still waiting to hear back about the dungeons thing. I've spoken to Pip, and he's managed to get the day off, so there's another person with us.

If the dungeon falls through, there's a myriad of things open to us, such as:

-Bowling.
-Arcades.
-Pool club (the kind with tables and balls, not swimming)
-Comedy club.
-More Lan Gaming.
-Pub.

... Also, we could take Robby up on his Grill :p

If anyone wants to do touristy stuff, there's always:

-The London Eye (Big ferris wheel)
-The science museum (Always a bit of a giggle, also free)

Any of the above activities can be attended without prior booking, so even if we don't decide now, we can figure it out on the day. The point is, we have our first venture sorted.

As for our meeting place and time, we need somewhere easy to get to, and easy to travel from.

I suggest Kings Cross Station, 9 O'Clock, meeting at platform 9 3/4. It's easy to reach, specific, and a nice little photo opportunity for those that're visiting.
Rickford
Irreverent

Postby CorpAmis on Mon Dec 03, 2007 6:47 am

Rickford wrote:Okies, well I'm still waiting to hear back about the dungeons thing. I've spoken to Pip, and he's managed to get the day off, so there's another person with us.

If the dungeon falls through, there's a myriad of things open to us, such as:

-Bowling.
-Arcades.
-Pool club (the kind with tables and balls, not swimming)
-Comedy club.
-More Lan Gaming.
-Pub.

... Also, we could take Robby up on his Grill :p

If anyone wants to do touristy stuff, there's always:

-The London Eye (Big ferris wheel)
-The science museum (Always a bit of a giggle, also free)

Any of the above activities can be attended without prior booking, so even if we don't decide now, we can figure it out on the day. The point is, we have our first venture sorted.

As for our meeting place and time, we need somewhere easy to get to, and easy to travel from.

I suggest Kings Cross Station, 9 O'Clock, meeting at platform 9 3/4. It's easy to reach, specific, and a nice little photo opportunity for those that're visiting.

I like the science museum idea..Well If anyone has to pass Waterloo..I suggest that they take me along..I like the arcades too!
-Albert Einstein

CorpAmis
Regular Poster

Postby Killbert-Robby on Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:50 am

The science museum is loads of fun, spent a good amount of time there. 9 am sounds fine.
Arcades are also awesome.
I just wouldnt make my grill an opportunity right now since I live in Brighton, so you lose 1 and a half hours going down, 1 and a half going back, and 20 quid :P Not THAT day, that is, my house is always open.
Killbert-Robby
Cartoon Hero

Postby CorpAmis on Mon Dec 03, 2007 6:20 pm

Rusty said something about not being able to make it in the morning...In that case, we will all go to Kilburn as MI agents and will have to say we are making him an agent to his family and kidnap him..
-Albert Einstein

CorpAmis
Regular Poster

Postby Killbert-Robby on Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:48 am

I can show Bond affectionados the MI6 building. Just not inside XD.
Killbert-Robby
Cartoon Hero

Postby CorpAmis on Wed Dec 05, 2007 2:12 pm

I am in London folks..And its wonderful so far..Its not even extrememly cold!!

I landed two hours..jetlag!! *sleep sleep*
-Albert Einstein

CorpAmis
Regular Poster

Postby Rickford on Wed Dec 05, 2007 2:50 pm

Woot, welcome to London! You're lucky, it was bloody freezing a couple days ago, it's been fairly warm today.
Rickford
Irreverent

PreviousNext

Return to Community Get-Togethers