Welcome to the EE Forums! Introduce yourself!

Forum for discussing Emergency Exit, Undead Friend and other works by NJ Huff.

Welcome to the EE Forums! Introduce yourself!

Postby EmergencyExit on Sun Nov 25, 2007 4:02 pm

Please join the forum over on Milk in the Pantry.

This is now the introduction thread! Readers new and old come fourth and tell us who you are, how you found EE and any other comments you might feel like sharing. You can even pimp your sites out if you want.

My forum account was originally used for the CG URL so that's why my name here is EmergencyExit, but everyone can just call me NJ.
EmergencyExit
Regular Poster

Postby MegaRose on Sun Nov 25, 2007 4:47 pm

Hi, MegaRose here. Found the comic just this week through the TV Tropes entry. Started reading it thinking 'oh my gawd, this is every lame amateur's embarassing anime phase,' then realized that it's exactly what I would've written when I was in that phase myself. XD And then it started to really set itself apart, and the characters start to endear themselves to me. I'm really eager to see where EE goes.

I have a gaggle of Comic Genesis sites myself, none of them any good (points to sig), mostly because I just do drafts at this point.
MegaRose

Postby Eheheh on Sun Nov 25, 2007 7:44 pm

Hey! New member! Hello new member. *waves* Welcome to the EE forum.

Also a new thread - I had to check the creation date, because when I first noticed it I did a sort of double-take and went 'how long have we had a newbie thread? Was it there the whole time and I simply didn't notice?' Nice to know I've been no more unobservant than usual.
Collecting evil laughter since 1993
Eheheh
Regular Poster

Postby RunAwayPenguin on Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:04 pm

Goody! New threads!

Soo.... *crickets*

Hiya MegaRose!

Annnd. You know, I can't for the life of me remember how I came across this jewel. Buzzcomix or something. But I thought it was hilarious from the get go. And now an awesome storyline! Whoo!

If you didn't notice, I'm running on very little sleep for some reason. Soooo yeah.....
Cup o tea?
RunAwayPenguin

Postby MegaRose on Sun Nov 25, 2007 11:23 pm

*wave* I can't possibly be the only new reader here...
MegaRose

Noobs are A ok

Postby EmergencyExit on Sun Nov 25, 2007 11:27 pm

Well you're the newest to post here in the past week I think, I just only recently added this thread. The forums overall aren't very active, i think we have maybe five frequent posters.
EmergencyExit
Regular Poster

Postby RunAwayPenguin on Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:47 am

Maybe not the ONLY new reader, but the only one who's stepped forward.

And yeah... we're a quiet bunch of crazies. But now with the tagboard down, there should be more people here.... or maybe not.
Cup o tea?
RunAwayPenguin

Postby Purple on Mon Nov 26, 2007 4:41 pm

Well I've been here for a few weeks, but I'll post here anyway. I discovered EE through...my brother actually. He showed it to me last year when he came home for Christmas. He said it was a webcomic he thought I'd like. I read the entire archives in the space of about two days on his laptop.

So...yeah. I wish I had a more exciting story.
Purple

Postby Scientivore on Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:46 pm

Hello fellow fans! I don't remember exactly when I discovered EE, but my bookmark is dated December 26, 2006 and my PD bookmark is 20 days older. So, either I found EE through the crossover, or at least that's what motivated me to finish reading through the archive (since that's when I would've made a bookmark for the home page instead of a particular strip). By the end of the crossover, they were two of my favorites and I've been making noise ever since.
Avatar by NJ Huff of Emergency Exit
Scientivore
Regular Poster

Fans in my state!

Postby EmergencyExit on Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:38 pm

And I am still amazed by the fact you live in the same state as us, as well as the exact same city as Bean. It's weird to know you have fans that close.
EmergencyExit
Regular Poster

Postby RunAwayPenguin on Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:46 pm

Hehe I'd be worried about stalkers.... But i'm like that after misery. I actually used to live in Washington and drove in to Oregon for shopping. Cause you know, shopping is awesome with no sales tax.

Now back to your regularly scheduled conversations.
Cup o tea?
RunAwayPenguin

Postby MegaRose on Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:49 pm

I'd love to have fans that close...kind of impossible for me, I live in Hawaii.
MegaRose

Re: Fans in my state!

Postby Scientivore on Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:35 am

EmergencyExit wrote:And I am still amazed by the fact you live in the same state as us, as well as the exact same city as Bean. It's weird to know you have fans that close.

Reminds me, I'd love to meet you guys sometime. You seem like a cool bunch. Also, you're not the only local webcomickers; I've known of (and unfortunately missed) several opportunities to meet Evan Nichols, for example.
Scientivore
Regular Poster

Postby 834n on Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:57 am

I am 834n/ Bean and I am posting from school where I have to spend far too much time this week!

I read UF a little ways back before knowing NJ, and then met NJ through a combination of her old Gender Bender thread (Transgender Fall was the first gift art PD ever got) and knowing we lived in the same state (which got NJ and I to talking over IMs).

When I met NJ I decided EE needed a read as well, and the characters quickly became special to me. Aside from Burgundy. I hate her for some reason!

And yes! Fellow Portlandian Scientivore! We totally SHOULD meet up at some point!
ImageImageImage
834n
Cartoon Hero

Oregon rules!

Postby EmergencyExit on Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:21 pm

Actually I know that Cat Legendis made by someone who lives in my city, Eugene. I read on her site she was even in the same school/art program. I think she might be graduated by now though. Still, I was amused by this because her and I often appeared near the top in the CG Guide, and Bean's comic is getting up there too. It's like Oregon is slowly ruling CG.

But yeah, meeting up would be cool, easier for you two being in Portland. Orion and I will be in Portland on the 15th though, to get Bean actually. If you have free time that day maybe we can all meet up real quick.
EmergencyExit
Regular Poster

Postby Eheheh on Tue Nov 27, 2007 2:47 pm

MegaRose wrote:I'd love to have fans that close...kind of impossible for me, I live in Hawaii.
Well there are other people in Hawaii are there not? I don't see why it would be utterly unlikely for someone from Hawaii to read your webcomics.

And since we're sharing stories: I found 'Undead Friend' via an ad-box/news-box/thingy - I don't remember what I was doing, most likely wandering around the net looking for new webcomics to read. Anyways, the ad looked like a funny comic with zombies and there's no way I'd pass that up, and I got to EE from there. Woo.
Collecting evil laughter since 1993
Eheheh
Regular Poster

Postby Kilroywuzheere on Thu Nov 29, 2007 8:28 pm

Hello! I've been reading for a year now. Wow. It's been that long? Dang, I have no sense of time any more.

Don't expect to hear too much from me, but beware. I have a tendancy to lurk, so I'll be listening, even if you don't know it.

But yeah, love the comic. First one that I actually read through twice.
I used to have seven voices in my head. Then, Bob killed five. Tim escaped, he's over there. And Eric moved in last week.
Kilroywuzheere

Woo!

Postby EmergencyExit on Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:05 pm

Lurking is fine, as I often talk more in detail about the comic here than on the News Page. Nice to hear from you though, and cool to know EE is re-readable.
EmergencyExit
Regular Poster

Re: Oregon rules!

Postby Scientivore on Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:09 pm

EmergencyExit wrote:But yeah, meeting up would be cool, easier for you two being in Portland. Orion and I will be in Portland on the 15th though, to get Bean actually. If you have free time that day maybe we can all meet up real quick.

Depends on when you'll be here. I work weekends, but I could be somewhere by 5pm.
Scientivore
Regular Poster

Durn

Postby EmergencyExit on Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:25 pm

Ah, no we'd leave far before then because it is such a long drive sadly, there shall be other chances though.
EmergencyExit
Regular Poster

Next

Return to EE Comics