Can't Log Into CGWiki? Post here.

For requests for help from CG administrators, Wranglers, and experienced CG members. Please read the FAQ before posting. Also look at CG Wiki for tutorials and how-tos written by other CG webtoonists.
RDraconis

Can't Log Into CGWiki? Post here.

Post by RDraconis »

==Edit by Dr Neo Lao==

[Update May 2008] Usernames have been changed so that the first letter is now a capital. If your name was bob, it is now Bob. Log out of the forums, log back into the forums with your new name and you should be able to access all of Comic Genesis (The Forum, SiteAdmin and the Wiki). [/update]

If you are trying to post in the CGWiki but it won't let you, it's probably because you need an enabled forum account. That means that you need to post somewhere in the forum (such as here) if you have a total of three or less posts. If you have a total of three or fewer posts, make a post or two in this thread and you will be able to get in. If you have four or more posts and you still can't get in, you may have some other problem. Start a new thread here in the Help Center and explain the problem.

(Note that some programs like Netnanny, Norton or Portblocker render a computer unable to log into the Wiki or SiteAdmin)

I've stickied this thread to see if it helps, even though most people seem to have found it easily enough when they needed it. If it's not needed as a sticky, I'll wash it off.

==End edit by Dr Neo Lao, RDraconis' original post follows==

I'm sorry to bother people, but CGWiki isn't letting me log in.

It acknowledges that I put in the right username, and I use the password from the forum (EXACTLY, even with the caps and such)- but it says it's the wrong password.

Is there something weird I have to do- like on siteadmin? Or is it just not letting people log in?

Kirb
A BUSINESSSS MAAAAAAAAANNNNNN

Post by Kirb »

Works fine for me.

Perhaps you have to create an account on the wiki now?
I can't remember.
ImageImage
*^*^*^*^* http://spacejunkarlia.com/ *^*^*^*^* <- New Comic
*^*^*^*^* http://deadgeargame.com/ *^*^*^*^* <- New Game
Image Best Compliment: MrBob: "Kirb may suck, but at least he isn't annoying."

RDraconis

Post by RDraconis »

I tried doing that, too. They gave me an error
Login error:
There was either an external authentication database error or you are not allowed to update your external account.
So, yeah, I hope I don't have to create one. ^^;

And it's just telling me it's the wrong password- so I'm not that I need a username or anything. (I tried with my site username and it said it didn't exist.)

Kisai
Goddess of Light
Goddess of Light

Post by Kisai »

Use your forum username and password, that's all. If it doesn't work, check case sensitivity

RDraconis

Post by RDraconis »

I have. I double and triple checked the sensitivity- that's why I posted this. ^^;

Edit: Ok... in a strange twist of fate, apparently CGwiki only works with safari and siteadmin only likes me in Firefox. Anyways, it works now, thanks. :)

MrSynnerster

Post by MrSynnerster »

I'm having the exact same problem. I keep getting the same error message, and I've used explorer and firefox

Dr Neo Lao
Cartoon Hero

Post by Dr Neo Lao »

You are using MrSynnerster and not mrsynnerster, right?

Other than that, it's normally only people with the _ symbol that have trouble.

MrSynnerster

Post by MrSynnerster »

I have tried both MrSynnerster and mrsynnerster as well as MrSynnerster75 and mrsynnerster75 which are my IDs to the FTP site.

Kisai
Goddess of Light
Goddess of Light

Post by Kisai »

odd rules and stuff.

I forgot to mention that when I last fixed the wiki, I made it so that you have to have an ENABLED forum account, with at least one post. This is to prevent the spam bots from getting to the wiki which is harder to police.

So technically, if you asked for help, the wiki should have started working automatically. This also means that if you get banned from the forums, you get banned from the wiki. When the siteadmin used the phpbb session manager it also meant you got banned from the siteadmin too, but now it doesn't do that test.

MrSynnerster

Post by MrSynnerster »

well I guess that works, b/c I can get into Wiki now. Thanks for the heads up. :lol:

Leo M. Panther

Post by Leo M. Panther »

So I only need to post once for cgwiki to work. Almost makes me wish I had something to say or ask.

Kisai
Goddess of Light
Goddess of Light

Post by Kisai »

Oh, and posting in the forum games won't count towards posts.

Really, it's a "if you can't get into the wiki, ask on the forums and then try again" For the most part, editing the wiki is an advanced thing, so I wouldn't expect a new CG'er to try it right away.

STrRedWolf
Confuzzled CG Admin
Confuzzled CG Admin

Post by STrRedWolf »

I think I have a new reason to keep Off Topic....
Kelly "STrRedWolf" Price
Admin, Comic Genesis
Artist/Writer, Stalag '99 (WolfSkunks and Drygers, oh my!)
I NEED MORE TIME, CAPTIN!

Nsanity

Post by Nsanity »

So if I make this post... I should be able to log into the wiki. Here go some electrons!

Undertherainbow

Post by Undertherainbow »

Well, this explains why I couldn't get mine to work. Hopefully, this fixes it.

Dr Neo Lao
Cartoon Hero

Post by Dr Neo Lao »

I find it strange that MrSynnerster is MrSynnerster (capital M and capital S) here in the forum, but in the Wiki he shows up as Mrsynnerster (capital M, lower case S).

Did you create a new wiki account or is there something else weird going on?

Undertherainbow

Post by Undertherainbow »

Hrmm..

I still can't get onto the Wiki, even with a post tallied. I quadruple checked my password too.. Maybe it wants more posts now. In any case, I'll check it again, and more, because, what else can I do?

Retrotales

Post by Retrotales »

This is yet another attempt by someone at fixing this problem by acknowledging its existence. Lalala.

Kisai
Goddess of Light
Goddess of Light

Post by Kisai »

It should be one or two posts + active. I should be REALLY mean and make it only allow those with avatars edit, as that would keep off the spammers.

In fact that would work for the forum itself, but would cripple the help forum, so I won't.

Nsanity

Two posts?

Post by Nsanity »

Well okay, here's number two