Cookout 2008: Date planning stage

This forum is for people to organize and prepare for meetings and events for the ComicGenesis Community. Serious proposals only.
Ekolter
Cartoon Hero

Cookout 2008: Date planning stage

Post by Ekolter »

Ok, it's coming to that point where we have to book this party shortly after it ends. :o

So what weekend in June 2008 is best for you all? Is there a weekend(s) that is absolutely not good for you? Is there one(s) that's best for you? We need to know now.

Edit: We are very strongly looking at rebooking the same hotel. It's oftering the best deal I've seen that's near the airport.
Last edited by Ekolter on Fri Jun 22, 2007 4:45 am, edited 2 times in total.

Rkolter
Destroyer of Words (Moderator)

Post by Rkolter »

Specifically, these are the weekends in June 2008:

7/8
14/15
21/22
28/29

Is there a weekend you know for a fact you won't be able to come (college people, check your finals schedules - they should be published a year in advance)? Is there a major event on those weekends you think a lot of comic artists might go to instead?

We'll select the weekend that the fewest people say is bad for them.
Image Image ImageImage
Crossfire: "Thank you! That explains it very nicely, and in a language that someone other than a physicist can understand..."

Denial is not falsification. You can't avoid a fact just because you don't like it.
"Data" is not the plural of "anecdote"

Rock_dash
NOTHING

Post by Rock_dash »

At this date, anything is good with me, but I'd prefer to do it early in the month like we did this year. Better chance of getting the fourth of July off that way.

Dotty
Cartoon Hero

Post by Dotty »

I was gonna suggest one of the later ones so the exam people could come this time! I want BECcers here, dammit!
Caught in the headlamp glare of your own blinding vanity/Mesmerised by the stare of your shallow personality
Gorging the junk food of flattery you drag your fat ego around/Everyone floored by the battering you give to whoever's around
Oh Narcissus you petulant child admiring yourself in the curve of my eyes/Oh Narcissus you angel beguiled unsated by self you do nothing but die

Tim
Cartoon Hero

Post by Tim »

Are you figuring to hold it in the same hotel again? Or is it too early for that?

Early June managed to work out for me this year, I'm hoping it will do so again next year. Though I could probably swing late June if it meant BEC would be there. :shifty:
Alternate Delusions - Symbiotically Enhanced for Your Pleasure
A member of Comic Ostrich
I made a game. Download now!

Hogan
Regular Poster

Post by Hogan »

I think I'm all set for whatever is decided. :D

... yes, you didn't manage to scare me off this time, I'LL BE BACK! :twisted:

... and I'll bring more candy!
When webcomics clash: The Webcomic Crossover & Cameo Archive!
Here it comes... the CameoComic

Kris X
Forum Pocket Kitten

Post by Kris X »

Dotty wrote:I was gonna suggest one of the later ones so the exam people could come this time! I want BECcers here, dammit!
Agreed.
PK Comics meets Gaming genre.

Rkolter

Post by Rkolter »

Tim wrote:Are you figuring to hold it in the same hotel again? Or is it too early for that?
We're definately considering it, depending on if they plan to fix their doors, if they're going to have a restaurant by next year, rates, etcetera. But that's not what this particular topic is about. ;)
Image Image ImageImage
Crossfire: "Thank you! That explains it very nicely, and in a language that someone other than a physicist can understand..."

Denial is not falsification. You can't avoid a fact just because you don't like it.
"Data" is not the plural of "anecdote"

Vorticus
Backrub Fiend

Post by Vorticus »

Earlier in June is better for me than later in June but it only becomes a problem if it's really late in June, like last weekend in June late.

Garneta
Holding Out for a Hero

Post by Garneta »

Considering that it's a year away, book it for whenever's best for everyone else, and I'll ask off at whatever job I have by then! :)
Image Image Image

Rock_dash
NOTHING

Post by Rock_dash »

Kat North wrote:Considering that it's a year away, book it for whenever's best for everyone else, and I'll ask off at whatever job I have by then! :)

Laemkral
Cartoon Hero

Post by Laemkral »

I don't know where I'll be come June 08. I may be available, but I probably won't at best guess.
Heed these words: I do not draw. Photos if you're lucky.

Dr Legostar
Cartoon Villain

Post by Dr Legostar »

i have no idea what my next year will be like, but whenever the cookout is i will do my darnedest to be there.
-D. M. Jeftinija Pharm.D., Ph.D. -- Yes, I've got two doctorates and I'm arrogant about it, what have *you* done with *your* life?
"People who don't care about anything will never understand the people who do." "yeah.. but we won't care."
"Legostar's on the first page of the guide. His opinion is worth more than both of yours."--Yeahduff

Phact0rri
The Establishment (Moderator)

Post by Phact0rri »

heh though I might not be making it... my birthday is the 29th ^_^
<KittyKatBlack> You look deranged. But I mean that in the nicest way possible. ^_^;

Risky

Post by Risky »

phactorri wrote:heh though I might not be making it... my birthday is the 29th ^_^
Likewise... Cancerians ftw.

BrownEyedCat
Cartoon Hero

Post by BrownEyedCat »

Aw, that's sweet everyone! Though you know, I graduated this quarter, so exams aren't exactly going to be a barrier for me next year . . .

. . . no idea what my schedule will be like, though.

Previously Catrine until my account crashed.

Phact0rri

Post by Phact0rri »

Risky wrote:
phactorri wrote:heh though I might not be making it... my birthday is the 29th ^_^
Likewise... Cancerians ftw.
birthday twin!!!! I should send you a card or something.
<KittyKatBlack> You look deranged. But I mean that in the nicest way possible. ^_^;

Black Sparrow
Cartoon Anti-Hero

Post by Black Sparrow »

Kris X wrote:
Dotty wrote:I was gonna suggest one of the later ones so the exam people could come this time! I want BECcers here, dammit!
Agreed.
Thirded.
This is going in my notebook titled "Things I Didn't Know about Surface Dwellers."
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

Vorticus
Backrub Fiend

Post by Vorticus »

BrownEyedCat wrote:Aw, that's sweet everyone! Though you know, I graduated this quarter, so exams aren't exactly going to be a barrier for me next year . . .

. . . no idea what my schedule will be like, though.
Schedules can be rearranged :D

Dotty
Cartoon Hero

Post by Dotty »

Indeed. :D
Caught in the headlamp glare of your own blinding vanity/Mesmerised by the stare of your shallow personality
Gorging the junk food of flattery you drag your fat ego around/Everyone floored by the battering you give to whoever's around
Oh Narcissus you petulant child admiring yourself in the curve of my eyes/Oh Narcissus you angel beguiled unsated by self you do nothing but die