Captain America: Chapter 2 Page 6 Panel 8

The offical message board of The Forsaken webcomic; a place to discuss all things Interactual.

Captain America: Chapter 2 Page 6 Panel 8

Postby Arcnaver on Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:12 am

This is some dialog between me and my friend Captain America on the Ultranet. I thought that you would find our communications interesting given the state of things. It seems he has seen some things in the Public Ivenue's that he shouldnt have. One being the eventual dispatching of a VCS Agent. Im posting here through my pen name and a psuedoIP. A little trick Ive picked up over the years exploiting Precache vulnerabilities. I hope one day I might gain the attention of the Styxers, not likely, they are too leet, however, one can dream.

Ill post as many of my communications as possible, as the situations will dictate. Live Free or Die Trying.
Arg! Me Name Be Adam... ARRRG!!
Arcnaver
Regular Poster

Postby Arcnaver on Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:13 am

First of many messages. Sorry for the lack of more, but your systems are not exactly the best and cleanest.

*/PRIVATE Ivenue Net Message System Log
*/USER C4p741n 4m3r1c4
*/05242033 2359:34
*/PUBLIC = 0 PRECACHE *ERROR* RUNTRACEROUTE = 1

Hello…
Are you there?
Good.
The most unbelievable thing happened to me today in the Public Ivenue. I saw something that I shouldn’t have. I don’t have a lot of time. Im sending you a copy of my Cache, you’ll find the usual stuff in the usual places.

/*file processing ****** SENT ****** RECEIVED ******
/*END LOG 2400
/*RUNTRACEROUTE ERROR *2346 FATAL
/*PURGE
Arcnaver
Regular Poster

Postby Jameslong on Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:57 am

A nice little message I gleaned off a no-so-secure V-mail server. I think you'll enjoy this:

R/>runapp stickyfingerz.hak
/>target HIC/LHI
/>33-a3-ad-01-b8-0e-eb-ce21
/>Hardware Identification Code located
/>Hardware Identification Code verified
/>Running Sniffer...........................................
/>Virtual Datagram Protocol detected
/>*****************************
/>V-mail message(s) intercepted
/>V-mail message decoded in 0.0002 seconds
/>display first intercepted message?
/>y

Valued Customer,
Thank you for contacting the customer support center of Industrial Dynamics Incorporated. Our Interactual Ivestigations team has conducted an exhaustive inquiry into the matter you brought to our attention in your original V-mail message. We greatly appreciate your concern and hope this anomoly has not inconvenienced you in any way.

Please understand that Industrial Dynamics takes Digital Terrorism very seriously. For the sake of directly addressing your stated concern, there are no individuals (hackers or otherwise) capable of causing a breech in Ultranet security. The event you described was a scripted event written and executed by a subsidiary company of Industrial Dynamics, INC, for a secretive guerrilla marketing campaign.

Thank you, and have a nice day.

Julian Hardcastle
Tier II Representative
Customer Support
The Forsaken - Updating Mondays. Mostly.
Jameslong
Regular Poster

Postby Arcnaver on Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:41 pm

Its going to take me a bit to decrypt some of this cache, it can be a little tricky. The event log is particularly interesting in that our communication was actively traced but ultimately crashed. Im not exactly sure how he was able to crash the Ultranet scan, or if it was just a glitch.

Heres some Fragmentations that I recovered quickly. It may not make too much sense, hopefully it will in the future.

"about 28 rows up from the arena floor."

"Hounds of hell or something, brilliant move and posturing. I really enjoy"

"PCI avent was really strange. The script I catpured had to be"

"Styxer's or something. I was just able to glimpse it before my PCI went AWOL on me and I was port"

"He just flippen flew straight up, right in front of my"

Thats all I have right now, my dumbbot is still crunching the cache.

Very interesting James, Indeed, makes one really think.
Arcnaver
Regular Poster

Postby Arcnaver on Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:40 pm

Ok, I cracked through the first few layers of crap, which I posted earlier. My mistake in thinking otherwise. I dont know what to do for my friend, he is in something deep. I searched the Ultranet news for the incident he explains below. Nada. Infact, after running the search, I was scanned too, but luckily had my firewall up.

I dont know, here it is. Ill post more as I get it.

*/scramrun 4000
*/dumbot series 2100v.3
*/loadkey = 1 ............
*/Printing file
Congratulations for decrypting this. I know it was hard, because, well, I made it that way because Im scared out of my mind right now.
I have stumbled across some pretty frightening things on the Ultranet recently. Brother, you need to open your eyes wider. I cant believe the crap that is going on in the background of our government and the connections and implications it has on the Ultranet. The government has betrayed us. You know it, deep in your heart, you see it day in an out on our “Fair and Biased” news programs. We are not getting the truth. Inside, things arnt much different, sure the ultranet is a great place, but it is being used for an evil so great, it defies all logic. I have been researching a foundation of people, following them, elite, hackers, Freedom fighters if you will or Terrorists, the latter if you watch the news. They come and go as they please and load some pretty nasty hacks. I saw one of them dispatch a Vanguard who was stupid enough to attempt a Precache scan. This elite dude muttered some whacky words and the Vanguard flew straight up. I didn’t once see him use his PCI. After the guy split, all hell broke loose on the ground. Vanguards flooded the area, detaining people left and right. I just barely escaped, but not before I was port scanned. I thought I discoed before to much damage was done, but alas, shortly the Police were knocking at the door. I split down the fire escape. They got all my stuff man.
They got to my parents before I did. I was able to sneak a message to my little bro using a public utitlity. He told me that I was being charged under the Anti-Trust Laws for Corporate Terrorism. Im on the run. I don’t know what to do.
I met up with a guy who said he could help me. At Dolley’s, of all places. He said his name was MrWheeler. I have no choice but to trust him. I can’t express my concern for you. They are pillaging my past, and I fear you’re a target. You need to purge your files and nuke your drives, leave your apartment ASAP. Don’t let them get to you. You gotta get the word out that something isn’t right. If you get into a bind, Go to Dolley’s and order a Tall Hot Mocha Latte on Ice. Good Luck Brother, Ill be in contact shortly.
Arcnaver
Regular Poster

Postby Jameslong on Thu Jun 14, 2007 5:00 am

Here is the second email I pulled. It's only a partial... sorry about that. They must have detected my sniff and locked down the SPP in the middle of the operation. The advanced headers were garbage, so I just cut them out, but I swear this is 100% legit, from an IDI server reserved for their internal Infotec division. Most of it falls neatly into the "no shit" catagory, but the last complete line made me weak in the knees. That all begs the question: how well do you know your comrades?

Just so you all know, I'm pulling back. The kitchen is getting too hot to bear, so to speak. I'll be finishing all current projects, but please don't contact me for any more softload work until I say otherwise. I suggest you follow suit for the time being. The punishment for "digital terrorism" isn't a pleasant one.

by the way, you probably know this, but CCA = Confidentiality Class Alpha... pretty much reserved for ID board members and (sometimes) the presidential cabinet.

0a3anmLSovbacan't patch these exploits fast enough. If you want my honest to god opinion, we need to recruit one of them and shoot the rest. I fully expect our customer base to cease all nettransactions and investers to ditch the online sector at the first smell of smoke. You don't have to impress upon me how the stock market is teetering on the edge of a razor. I get that. We all lost out big in the crash and I watch the numbers just as closely as anyone else.

The following bit of information is CCA (and perhaps overly optimistic), but we may have infiltrated the most dangerous cell I know of. Our a%*'aa'aa'aaaaa
Jameslong
Regular Poster

Postby Arcnaver on Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:32 pm

It looks like they are on to me, Ive had a few things happen today. I need to make this update quick, moms talking to a suit right now in the Den.

Todays Chatlog. I have to purge ASAP. I think I might jet for Dolley's. Talk to you soon.

VMessenger CONVERSATION
Return-Path: < C4p741n 4m3r1c4>
Received: from [*ERROR*NO SUCH ADDRESS*] (HELO relay1.unet-vm.unet= FAULT)
by vcode.vnetmess.unet (CommGate VMTP) UNAVAILABLE
with VMTP id *FATAL ANON* for arcnaver=0
Vnet-NNS-TO: ********
Vnet-NNS-UID: 175983
Vnet-NNS-Flag: <SV>
Vnet-Virus-Scan-Time: 0
Vnet-X5: False;
Message-ID: <BAY102-F402BFC02A2E89E9FA8498CD21E0@Unet.vml>
Received: from 64.4.61.244 by by102fd.bay102.vmail.vnet.unet with Proxy;
Fri, 15 Jun 2007 03:45:49 GMT
X-Originating-IP: [UNAVAILABLE]
VMime-Version: 1.0 ULTRANET
Content-Type: text/plain; format=flowed VMessenger V2.35
*/LOG=1
*/PRINT
C4p741n 4m3r1c4 22:45:49: I got your message.
C4p741n 4m3r1c4 22:45:53: Are you ok?
USER C4p741n 4m3r1c4 has Nudged You 03:46:01
Arcnaver 22:46:15: What the hell is going on man?
Arcnaver 22:46:19: Some suits showed up at my Grandma’s place asking about my childhood.
Arcnaver 22:46:24: My mother is freaked, and I aint gonna tell you what Grandma says.
C4p741n 4m3r1c4 22:46:56: Im sorry I brought this upon you, I never ment for you to be in harms way.
C4p741n 4m3r1c4 22:47:11: Hang on. Brb
Arcnaver 22:47:14: I know but my Grandma man, cmon.
Arcnaver 22:47:17: k, Are you safe?
C4p741n 4m3r1c4 22:49:23: You running Furyscape?
Arcnaver 22:49:25: hang on.
Arcnaver 22:49:48: SNAP ITS CRASHED
C4p741n 4m3r1c4 22:49:50: sob gtg
END LOG VMessenger Contact @ 22:49:50
Arcnaver
Regular Poster

Postby Arcnaver on Thu Jun 21, 2007 2:53 pm

I havent heard from my friend in a few days. Im sorry that my updates have been lacking, but you understand. I havent eaten a good meal in days and I smell horrid. The local news states that they arrested my little brother for hacking, apparently they say he crashed some security system, but that nothing was compromised. BULL CRAP, my brother is straight, hes not into this computer crap like I am. He prefers Consoles.

I managed to Five finger me a lap, dont ask, almost got nabbed by the po po also. A lot of good that did me though. After connecting to the net and logging into the system and uploading a new security bot, I checked the hotboards and was immediatly an unwilling participant in a hostile take over of my computer. Even my newly coded bot was no match. Curiously, not only my computer was affected, by everything that was networked in my Geographical Area, was blasted by the deathstar.
*/scramrun 4000
*/dumbot series 2100v.4
*/loadkey = 1 ............ *ERROR* Returnpath = nullpointer....
*/Your Program has Performed an Illegal Operation and will now shutdown.
/* _
*/jabba.hack
*/run...
Don't Bother, it wont work. I hear you had a rough day, maybe a Tall Hot Mocha Latte on Ice will calm you down.
Wheeler.
oh, you might want to step back.
*/deathstar.exe

Ok, at this point my flippen box pretty much self destructed. Luckily my stick drive was unaffected and I retain a log. What a freaking comedian this Wheeler is. I've had a rough day, I could use a good cup of Jo.
Arcnaver
Regular Poster

Postby Jameslong on Thu Jun 21, 2007 5:45 pm

LOL

I'm afraid of Wheeler now!
Jameslong
Regular Poster

Postby Arcnaver on Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:52 am

I must be quick, I am being followed. This guy Wheeler is not who he pretended to be. Though I dont think hes against me, I dont believe his motivations are truly for me either. This guy is dangerous. Frack, I have to go. I dont have time t

*/VnetDefault
*/FATAL ANON BUFFER OVER RUN
*/SEE SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR FOR FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS
Arcnaver
Regular Poster

Postby Arcnaver on Sun Jul 08, 2007 3:06 pm

*/Traceroute= NULL
*/.hack initialize root
*/INITIALIZED 1705.07/08/2007 Local
Im sorry our last meeting was cut abrubtly. I was traced somehow, either by Wheeler or some other Agent, I dont know.

My Friends, by this time, you should be aware via the real arcnaver that I have come into possession of some very interesting files. Thanks to my friend Captain America, whom I can only assume is either dead or in deep cover at this very moment.

I am busy right now jumping from Java Shop to Java Shop trying to decrypt the files and put them in a suitable format.

Though this makes me feel better about him, the Jury is still out on this Wheeler guy.

Please Pray for me and Captain America.

*/END
*/1706.07/08/2007 Local
Arcnaver
Regular Poster

Postby Arcnaver on Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:32 am

I just finished transcribing the audio for you and put it in a format that your computers could handle. I leave it to you.

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x106/sw33tjimmy/jameslong.jpg
Arcnaver
Regular Poster

Return to Forsaken, The