Cookout 07' Video Games

This forum is for people to organize and prepare for meetings and events for the ComicGenesis Community. Serious proposals only.
Linkara
Cartoon Hero
Location: Lizard-Inclined Neo Clone Republitarian Band-Aid Spokesman

Post by Linkara »

rock_dash wrote:Yeah, bring them if you want, Linkara, just make sure to label them. How many are you bringing?
I'm thinking one Game Cube Controller - a wavebird.

...If I remember to pack it. ^^; Plus a memory card that has Smash bros. Data on it (although I'm assuming someone probably has one on hand).

Quote of the Moment: “Greetings, my friend. We are all interested in the future, for that is where you and I are going to spend the rest of our lives.” ~Criswell~

Rock_dash
NOTHING

Post by Rock_dash »

Forget it then. We've got plenty of controllers, and Vort's bringing Smash Bros data.

Vorticus
Backrub Fiend

Post by Vorticus »

Also ddr data :D

Rkolter
Destroyer of Words (Moderator)
Destroyer of Words (Moderator)

Post by Rkolter »

There will be TWO televisions - so one for games and one for videos. Someone is bringing a video player right? These TVs have all the hookups I think - svideo, three sets of R/G/B cabling... stuff like that. They're 32" televisions.

Also, I do NOT have insurance on the TVs. If you break a television, you're gonna have to figure out how to pay it off fast, and it's pretty well over a thousand dollars. That said, Wii away. Within reason.
Image Image ImageImage
Crossfire: "Thank you! That explains it very nicely, and in a language that someone other than a physicist can understand..."

Denial is not falsification. You can't avoid a fact just because you don't like it.
"Data" is not the plural of "anecdote"

Fading Aura
Regular Poster

Jack & Worms? Ew.

Post by Fading Aura »

If anyone's interested, I can add You Don't Know Jack (volumes 1 - 4) and Worms World Party to the gaming mix so long as we have a router to play on. ^_^
Here we stand, here we fall; history don't care at all. Make the bed, light the light; Lady Mercy won't be home tonight.

Dotty
Cartoon Hero

Post by Dotty »

Does anyone have any complete Mario Kart GCN data? Mine isn't. :(
Caught in the headlamp glare of your own blinding vanity/Mesmerised by the stare of your shallow personality
Gorging the junk food of flattery you drag your fat ego around/Everyone floored by the battering you give to whoever's around
Oh Narcissus you petulant child admiring yourself in the curve of my eyes/Oh Narcissus you angel beguiled unsated by self you do nothing but die

Laemkral
Cartoon Hero

Post by Laemkral »

rkolter wrote:There will be TWO televisions - so one for games and one for videos. Someone is bringing a video player right? These TVs have all the hookups I think - svideo, three sets of R/G/B cabling... stuff like that. They're 32" televisions.

Also, I do NOT have insurance on the TVs. If you break a television, you're gonna have to figure out how to pay it off fast, and it's pretty well over a thousand dollars. That said, Wii away. Within reason.
Question: If one TV is for video games, do we need two Gamecubes? I ask because if Lego is gonna bring his anyways and mine isn't needed, I'd prefer to not have to schlep a Gamecube AND Mac mini (plus monitor, keyboard, mouse, and cables) to the cookout. So, by tomorrow afternoon PST I need to know what the final plan is.
Heed these words: I do not draw. Photos if you're lucky.

Ekolter
Cartoon Hero

Post by Ekolter »

Laemkral wrote:
rkolter wrote:There will be TWO televisions - so one for games and one for videos. Someone is bringing a video player right? These TVs have all the hookups I think - svideo, three sets of R/G/B cabling... stuff like that. They're 32" televisions.

Question: If one TV is for video games, do we need two Gamecubes? I ask because if Lego is gonna bring his anyways and mine isn't needed, I'd prefer to not have to schlep a Gamecube AND Mac mini (plus monitor, keyboard, mouse, and cables) to the cookout. So, by tomorrow afternoon PST I need to know what the final plan is.
You make the call.

K-Dawg
I wanna LIVE

Post by K-Dawg »

HAY GUYS BRING POKEMANS!

Shocking news Angry D. Monkey

Laemkral
Cartoon Hero

Post by Laemkral »

Change of plans, I'm only bringing Mario Party 5&7 with respective memory card and accesories. Since there's not a need for my Cube, no point in hauling it. PLus it's too hard to get in.

STrRedWolf
Confuzzled CG Admin
Confuzzled CG Admin

Post by STrRedWolf »

I have these:

Matrix series (1,2,3,Animatrix)
Serenity
Sprited Away
Cowboy Bebop Movie: Knocking on Heavens Door
Demon City Shinjuku
Lupin the 3rd movies, all five in collection.

Let me know if I should bring any of 'em. I doubt folks will want me to bring the Matrix series.
Kelly "STrRedWolf" Price
Admin, Comic Genesis
Artist/Writer, Stalag '99 (WolfSkunks and Drygers, oh my!)
I NEED MORE TIME, CAPTIN!

Laemkral
Cartoon Hero

Post by Laemkral »

Oh hell, if we're bringing movies....crap I've got a lot. Mostly repeats of what others have I'm sure...but if anything sticks out in my mind I'll throw it in the bag.

Linkara
Cartoon Hero
Location: Lizard-Inclined Neo Clone Republitarian Band-Aid Spokesman

Post by Linkara »

I have the first 26 episodes of Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex as well as the entirety of Vandread, plus the first 26 episodes of Excel Saga. Should I bring any of them?

Quote of the Moment: “Greetings, my friend. We are all interested in the future, for that is where you and I are going to spend the rest of our lives.” ~Criswell~

Dracomax
Cartoon Hero

Post by Dracomax »

THe only movies I have worth watching are
Batman begins
ghostbusters
full metal alchemist move
spiderman 1 &2

I can get many more, if requested(I work at a video store) as well as mario party 8, or any of the wii games available in the store.

just let me know.
ImageImageImage
You and TRI are the crazy mad ones.~Cope
Give a man a fire, keep him warm for a day; set a man on fire, keep him warm for life.~unknown