The out of context anime quote & review blurb thread

The community of KeenSpace members with Anime interest. Not just a dropdown! Not just a manga! It's KEENIME!

The out of context anime quote & review blurb thread

Postby Brockway on Tue May 08, 2007 10:53 pm

Since its not like KeenIme is being used for anything else, stupid quotes and mini review time! So, pick out a quote that you feel represents the feeling, and what you thought of the anime.

Suzuka, subbed by Lunar.

"Stop comparing me to dead people! Its annoying!" - Akitsuki, male lead.

I'm not entirely sure what to make of this anime. I mostly watched it cause I liked seeing the character's crying about the other character's not accepting their feelings. Felt kind of like Ichigo 120%, except I didn't feel like throwing up, and I wasn't rooting for the murder suicide ending. I also tend to hate comics/anime that build up their female leads just to have them fall, usually into the dorky male lead's understanding arms. This one does come dangerously close to doing that, but its mostly avoided by the end. So, its a high school track team love triangle thing, with a clumsy spiky haired male lead with potential. So as much as I dislike the genre, this one was entertaining enough, as long as you understand what you're getting into. Namely high school relationship drama, more Onegai-teacher-esque, less Tenchi-like.
Last edited by Brockway on Wed May 09, 2007 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Updating again!
Sharp Hall. - Ya know... don't even go there. Very NSFW
Brockway
Dirty Old Man

Postby Wp on Wed May 09, 2007 7:21 pm

Anime: Lucky Star, fansubbed by a.f.k.
"So you like that kind of girl, eh? She gets all the maniacs. But if you're talking about maniacs, then I'm pretty popular with the pedophiles..." -Akira Kogami
Wp
Cartoon Hero

Postby Brockway on Wed May 23, 2007 4:32 pm

Anime: Rozen Maiden, I forget who subbed it.

This is the opening theme song's 2nd and 3rd lines:

"I detest you for climaxing alone. Get down on your knees and taste the bitter drops of love."

This anime is like pokemon but with dolls. Or its like chobits with pokemon. Its a really catchy song otherwise, and I didn't even notice this line till the 2nd episode. I'm only like 3 episodes in so far.
Updating again!
Brockway
Dirty Old Man

Postby Wp on Wed May 23, 2007 10:29 pm

I liked Rozen Maiden. Very cute. Second season was not as good, however.
Wp
Cartoon Hero

Postby Brockway on Tue May 29, 2007 11:54 pm

wp wrote:Anime: Lucky Star, fansubbed by a.f.k.
"So you like that kind of girl, eh? She gets all the maniacs. But if you're talking about maniacs, then I'm pretty popular with the pedophiles..." -Akira Kogami

Akira Kogami is freakin' awesome! I downloaded it, and just went through watching the ends.

Gantz - Manga

"I'm a pet. You don't have sex with pets." "... Uhh, I have a dog back home. I'd kiss it and stuff." Kei Matsumoto and Kei Kurono

Amazing manga! Holy crap. I read all 249 odd chapters in a 9 hour binge. Thank god I hadn't seen it sooner, or I would have had to wait through all those cliffhangers.

Spoiler kind of.
Its kinda like Power Rangers if Zoron didn't care and EVERYONE was expendable.

I finished Rozen Maiden. So fucking adorable near the end. I'm tempted to just assume it ended though and ignore the 2nd season (which I can't seem to find) and end.
Updating again!
Brockway
Dirty Old Man

Postby Wp on Wed May 30, 2007 3:26 pm

brockway wrote:Gantz - Manga

"I'm a pet. You don't have sex with pets." "... Uhh, I have a dog back home. I'd kiss it and stuff." Kei Matsumoto and Kei Kurono

Amazing manga! Holy crap. I read all 249 odd chapters in a 9 hour binge. Thank god I hadn't seen it sooner, or I would have had to wait through all those cliffhangers.

I finished Rozen Maiden. So fucking adorable near the end. I'm tempted to just assume it ended though and ignore the 2nd season (which I can't seem to find) and end.

Hahahaha! I remember that line in Gantz. I stopped reading it a while ago because it kept on going without any revelations. It was pretty gripping for a while, but when they just keep running missions without revealing anything, it gets a little old. Fanservice was quite nice, however.

As for Rozen Maiden, you may as well end it at the first season. Clearly, though, you don't have the whole story yet. Like why "Father" is such a bastard that he would make his "daughters" fight each other. Why he never finished his first doll, what does being Alice mean, etc...

Right now, Rozen Maiden has a second season subtitled "Traumend" and a two-part OVA called "Ouverture" that explains how Shinku and Suigintou met.
Wp
Cartoon Hero

Return to KeenIME