How long did it take for your comic to get popular?

For discussions, announcements, non-technical questions and anything else comics-related or otherwise that doesn't fit in any of the other categories.
User avatar
Humbug
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1772
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 3:05 am
Location: Not here.
Contact:

Post by Humbug »

Aww, thanks. *Feels all fuzzy inside* :shucks:

User avatar
Vorticus
Backrub Fiend
Posts: 6163
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2004 8:24 pm
Location: Walking on sunshine
Contact:

Post by Vorticus »

I'm surprised at those numbers too. Surprised they aren't double or triple that.

User avatar
Humbug
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1772
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 3:05 am
Location: Not here.
Contact:

Post by Humbug »

I never even broke the 1000 readers, I had a spike when I was linked by Talismen, but the highest I got was 900 readers, then it pretty much settled back to normal a week or two later, give or take. It's a mystery, yup.

User avatar
JTigerclaw
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1844
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2005 1:33 am
Location: Continuing the hearty tradition of pwnage.
Contact:

Post by JTigerclaw »

Killbert-Robby wrote:
JTigerclaw wrote:
jekkal wrote:Naked - We can find a way . . .
There's always a way.
Oh yeah, you're one to ta-... oh went back in your archives, fine, there's SOME nudity. :lol:
Yeah, I back my talk up occasionally. :P Backing it up with nudity is just a plus.
Tyras wrote:Nothing brings your readers in faster than implied pedophilia relations.
Just saying.

I hit my one-year anniversary in a month or two and I get about 700 hits on updated days.
Or visits. Or views. Whatever the important one is.
O,O

You get more hits than me! Much more!

I will end you! ::shakes fist::
Image
Awesome avatar done by Nervous Spy

User avatar
Sphix
Regular Poster
Posts: 84
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:13 am
Location: Utah, USA
Contact:

Post by Sphix »

JTigerclaw wrote: You get more hits than me! Much more!

I will end you! ::shakes fist::
LET THE ENDING BEGIN! ^_^

I'm sitting steady at 27 visits/day, after a month's worth of updates... We'll just see how long I'm down this low. :twisted:

Reinder
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1691
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Groningen, The Netherlands
Contact:

Post by Reinder »

I've been around long enough to have had some significant ups and downs... Currently at 1200-1500 a day depending on forum exposure mostly, up from 800 in February (which was up from 600 in October 2005, but down from 1000/day in 2002).

RobertBlake
Regular Poster
Posts: 580
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: United States
Contact:

Post by RobertBlake »

Argh... I was pushing 160 visits a day until the outage and all those zeros put the hurtlock on my stats. Now I'm sitting in at around 77 per day. :(

Not that it means anything... or something.

User avatar
Liddell
Regular Poster
Posts: 38
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:04 am

Post by Liddell »

I just checked my stats, and I average only two visits per day, one of them usually from me (to make sure the comic loaded properly).


This, despite the fact that I update often (several comics due to come out this week) and my art is getting prettier and prettier. I think I need to find more things to say in the forums.
<a href="http://liddell.comicgenesis.com">Liddell</a>, my comic, wherein one learns of the Cauchy-Shorts Inequality.

Image

User avatar
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)
Posts: 29957
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Serbia
Contact:

Post by McDuffies »

Humbug wrote:Aww, thanks. *Feels all fuzzy inside* :shucks:
In the stomach? :o

User avatar
VinnieD
Regular Poster
Posts: 795
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2006 12:01 am
Contact:

Post by VinnieD »

My stats took a hurting with the downtime and the non updating. i dropped from 190 visits a day to 80.

That's half my readership.

Hope it goes back up next month.

User avatar
The Mortician
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1705
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2006 7:59 pm
Contact:

Post by The Mortician »

VinnieD wrote:That's half my readership.
Hope it goes back up next month.
Similar here as well. :(

I was updating Non-canon stuff but it wasn't on the front page.

User avatar
Cope
Incompetent Monster
Posts: 7378
Joined: Sat Jul 31, 2004 8:37 pm
Location: Masked man of mystery
Contact:

Lies, damn lies, and bloody statistics!

Post by Cope »

Keep in mind that all the server strife we've been having has caused the stats to skip some days and yield artificially low numbers on others; that's gonna screw with your averages. The numbers are fibbing.
Image Image
"I've always been fascinated by failure!" -Charlie Brown

User avatar
Humbug
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1772
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 3:05 am
Location: Not here.
Contact:

Post by Humbug »

mcDuffies wrote:
Humbug wrote:Aww, thanks. *Feels all fuzzy inside* :shucks:
In the stomach? :o
:P

User avatar
Dutch!
Red galah
Posts: 4644
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2004 4:39 am
Location: The best place on this little blue rock
Contact:

Post by Dutch! »

I knew there was a reason I stayed away from this thread back when it first started up...

I get excited when I make 100 readers a day every few weeks or so... bit sad really that my biggest source of hits the last months has been from a joint called 'youbore.us.com' .

I'm gonna go slink away again. :)
Remember when your imagination was real? When the day seemed
longer than it was, and tomorrow was always another game away?
Image

User avatar
Ataraxia
Regular Poster
Posts: 520
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2006 3:37 am
Location: South Korea
Contact:

Post by Ataraxia »

Dutch! wrote:I knew there was a reason I stayed away from this thread back when it first started up...

I get excited when I make 100 readers a day every few weeks or so... bit sad really that my biggest source of hits the last months has been from a joint called 'youbore.us.com' .

I'm gonna go slink away again. :)
The numbers aren't the be-all and end-all of how well a comic is doing. You get that many hits per day, but I'm willing to bet you get a lot more feedback and interaction with your readership than certain comics which get way more hits than you do. Somebody earlier in this thread said that obsessing over the numbers is the surest way to drain the joy out of webcomicing... the trouble is, stat-peering is so addictive!
Image
GearHead: A roguelike CRPG with big stompy robots

User avatar
Dutch!
Red galah
Posts: 4644
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2004 4:39 am
Location: The best place on this little blue rock
Contact:

Post by Dutch! »

Nah, to be honest I look more at longevity. They're the numbers I'm more interested in, and to me that makes the strip successful, not whether thousands of people read it each month. Like most of us here, I believe, I've got a strip I'm doing purely for the characters within in it, and maybe then for the people who like them too.
Remember when your imagination was real? When the day seemed
longer than it was, and tomorrow was always another game away?
Image

User avatar
Fabio Ciccone
Regular Poster
Posts: 327
Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:42 am
Location: São Paulo, Brazil
Contact:

Post by Fabio Ciccone »

Funny thing is that I'm pretty sure at least 1/3 of my visits come from myself... I really wish there was a way the counter ignored my own visits :P

User avatar
Tarts
Regular Poster
Posts: 201
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:17 pm
Location: Manila, Philippines
Contact:

Post by Tarts »

Fabio Ciccone wrote:Funny thing is that I'm pretty sure at least 1/3 of my visits come from myself... I really wish there was a way the counter ignored my own visits :P
Use Sitemeter... well, if you're not one of those people who periodically clean out their cookies, their self-blocker should work fine. :P
Image
"You're a guy! Why do you need to poo?" -Me

User avatar
Fabio Ciccone
Regular Poster
Posts: 327
Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:42 am
Location: São Paulo, Brazil
Contact:

Post by Fabio Ciccone »

Tarts wrote:
Fabio Ciccone wrote:Funny thing is that I'm pretty sure at least 1/3 of my visits come from myself... I really wish there was a way the counter ignored my own visits :P
Use Sitemeter... well, if you're not one of those people who periodically clean out their cookies, their self-blocker should work fine. :P
Yeah, guess I'll have to do that... I have it on my Portuguese site... but I was kinda lazy to create a new account to my CG :P

User avatar
Catman1dotcom
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri May 25, 2007 9:37 pm

Post by Catman1dotcom »

Fabio Ciccone wrote:Funny thing is that I'm pretty sure at least 1/3 of my visits come from myself... I really wish there was a way the counter ignored my own visits :P
My counter shows 3,951 hits since Nov 1, 2006.

(3,950 are from me) :lol:

Image
The Tigerman Saga is created in support of The National Wildlife Humane Society

Post Reply