YAY! PITT-CON!
Amanda and her little sister were both very excited to see the pictures, as well as seeing her doodle (the little one fanged thing giving a peace sign at the bottom of the page .. she calls them 'pookies').
She also loved seeing the many and varied reactions that other people had to the wasabi peanuts. She had 3 total (1.. and then 2) She still felt a little bit tough after seeing some of the other more drastic reactions.
I think a documentary called 'The Wasabi Peanut Project' should definitely be made at the next con. Heck.. If the aristocrats can be a movie... if march of the penguins can be a movie... then this um.. social and um gastronomic experiment can be a movie too!! oooh with a line of toys.. Macfarlane figures like 'wasabi peanut spitting Frank' complete with parking lot diorama pieces. Just a thought. I claim no rights to these ideas ^_^
She also loved seeing the many and varied reactions that other people had to the wasabi peanuts. She had 3 total (1.. and then 2) She still felt a little bit tough after seeing some of the other more drastic reactions.
I think a documentary called 'The Wasabi Peanut Project' should definitely be made at the next con. Heck.. If the aristocrats can be a movie... if march of the penguins can be a movie... then this um.. social and um gastronomic experiment can be a movie too!! oooh with a line of toys.. Macfarlane figures like 'wasabi peanut spitting Frank' complete with parking lot diorama pieces. Just a thought. I claim no rights to these ideas ^_^
-
Jaded Deceit
- Regular Poster
- Posts: 488
- Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2006 7:16 am
- Location: Right behind you. Don't look...
My nose burned in a bad way after that and I think I inhaled a chunk of wasabi into my lungs...lol
Hajimemashite. How do you do?
Watashi wa Furankurin desu. My name is Franklin.
Watashi wa nekononiku ga daisuki desu. I love cat meat.
Nihon no onanohito mo daisuki desuyo. I also love Japanese women I say!
Doozo yoroshiku.It is nice to meet you.
Watashi wa Furankurin desu. My name is Franklin.
Watashi wa nekononiku ga daisuki desu. I love cat meat.
Nihon no onanohito mo daisuki desuyo. I also love Japanese women I say!
Doozo yoroshiku.It is nice to meet you.
Stuff is mailed. Redtail, your chargers went overnight. It was like $14.40 for that, and Grant you should have your belt soon after. I didn't mail it with as great urgency.
Last edited by Joyling on Wed May 02, 2007 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yeah, we've already decided we can't miss next year. We all had such a great time. We already are putting money into our little jar for next year, since we also want to go to San Diego next year. I have wanted to go to SDCC since I was around 13 or so, and always lived on the wrong coast. Then once I moved out here, it always falls the weekend before my family reunion.

Hmmm...
Maybe next year the convention traveling duo of Kininger & Olney can finally make it out to the west coast? Dennis and I jhave talked about doing the ComicCon International for several years. But even if that doesn't happen it'll be nice to see you (and Redtail and Sara again) while meeting everyone here that can attend! Especially Kristy!
Maybe next year the convention traveling duo of Kininger & Olney can finally make it out to the west coast? Dennis and I jhave talked about doing the ComicCon International for several years. But even if that doesn't happen it'll be nice to see you (and Redtail and Sara again) while meeting everyone here that can attend! Especially Kristy!
Rick
-
Gail Simone
- Newbie
- Posts: 17
- Joined: Fri May 04, 2007 1:08 am
In answer to the implied question of a previous poster, I do in fact intend on attending PittCon next year if at all possible. This year's claim that I would attend was due to a mistake on behalf of the organizers, which they have apologized for quite graciously.
I will be handing out information and speaking at panels about UNSCREWED, an organization formed to help the many, many creators who have been cheated by an utterly unscrupulous "publisher" and "con organizer" who to this day continues his repulsive business practices and responds to those accusations with racist, homophobic insults to some of the biggest names in the industry, including Kurt Busiek and Mark Waid. The sooner people like this are exposed for all to see, the better.
Hope to see many of you there, or at the Armageddon cons in Australia and NZ, or San Diego (which is still tentative for me).
Anyone coming to Dallas for Free Comic Book day? It's an amazing event at Zeus Comics, people with integrity and wonderful planning skills. They're fantastic folks and you're guaranteed a good time.
Check out the full story, and hear from some of the many, many people this man has cheated...
http://www.unscrewedcomic.com/
Best wishes,
Gail Simone
I will be handing out information and speaking at panels about UNSCREWED, an organization formed to help the many, many creators who have been cheated by an utterly unscrupulous "publisher" and "con organizer" who to this day continues his repulsive business practices and responds to those accusations with racist, homophobic insults to some of the biggest names in the industry, including Kurt Busiek and Mark Waid. The sooner people like this are exposed for all to see, the better.
Hope to see many of you there, or at the Armageddon cons in Australia and NZ, or San Diego (which is still tentative for me).
Anyone coming to Dallas for Free Comic Book day? It's an amazing event at Zeus Comics, people with integrity and wonderful planning skills. They're fantastic folks and you're guaranteed a good time.
Check out the full story, and hear from some of the many, many people this man has cheated...
http://www.unscrewedcomic.com/
Best wishes,
Gail Simone
Hope to see you in Pittsburgh next year! I hadn't heard of unscrewed, or the issue before (but it's not like I am connected in any way) It looks like quite an effort is being pulled together. Very cool. I feel like I should be 80 years old (and not 37) when I look at things like that (the web site, the organization, etc. The grassroots creation of an organization to deal with a very specific issue.) Because I swear, my first reaction is always something like... "Jimeny Christmas, you kids and your internets. It's amazing what you can do these days..."
When I see an injustice or a great wrong-doing... I tend to see if my DS is finished charging so I can play some more instead of noticing great wrongs and injustices. As soon as I have money again I will try to throw some at the cause (currently in a PittCon induced state of poverty).
When I see an injustice or a great wrong-doing... I tend to see if my DS is finished charging so I can play some more instead of noticing great wrongs and injustices. As soon as I have money again I will try to throw some at the cause (currently in a PittCon induced state of poverty).
Yes, the Unscrewed effort. It is a great issue for a group to tackle as long as it doesn't turn into a harassment issue that stalks people that are involved in legal issues with certain talents.
Hopefully it can grow from being a hate group into something constructive. I know that I'm looking forward to the Pittsburgh Comicon next year. And in educating one's self on the entire matter of how Unscrewed came to be everyone should take a month off of work and read the massive message board thread on "Gail Simone's" You'll All Be Sorry forum here.
where very libelous remarks exist. There are two sides to every story, right?
Anyway, welcome here "Gail'.
Hopefully it can grow from being a hate group into something constructive. I know that I'm looking forward to the Pittsburgh Comicon next year. And in educating one's self on the entire matter of how Unscrewed came to be everyone should take a month off of work and read the massive message board thread on "Gail Simone's" You'll All Be Sorry forum here.
where very libelous remarks exist. There are two sides to every story, right?
Anyway, welcome here "Gail'.
Rick
Hmmm... how would Picard handle the Borg Queen?RobH wrote:Holy crap that's a massive ugly thread.
I can't say I am a fan of name calling. I'm not sure that there is anything productive about a thread like that. I am all for good natured silly, but mean spirited isn't my thing. If you have issues, state issues. They will stand on their own generally.
Well, all anyone need do is investigate by reading the last two days worth of posts on that message thread. It speaks of their true nature. The earlier person booted from here came from there, following me, looking to pick a fight. I don't claim to be perfect, but motivations to sully or libel, name call ... towards someone ... are as simple as creating a post pointing back to a forum salt-n-peppered with people existing on hatred. It actually does consume them, as you seem to have seen for yourself RobH.
My very legal matters do not concern anyone that has posted here from that other website. Again, two sides to every story and this one has a side that is heaped with lies. There is so much fact that isn't public. This isn't the place for such a discussion, so I'll drop the matter and be cordial and polite. Try to enjoy being here.
Rick
*backs away from the topic*
I am indeed THAT slow and thick headed. No offense meant to anyone. Not something I really want to step in. I did not realize that the person being talked about was you. I wouldn't have mentioned it (as I am civil and all ^_^ )
hmm... *distracts with a quick story showing my obliviousness*
My wife and I used to walk to the metro (dc area subway in northern virginia) I in typical sociophobe low self esteem day-dreamer fashion would walk staring at the sidewalk mostly, and holding her hand. One morning she yanks my hand and pulls me to a stop right as I am walking between a police cruiser with it's door open and an officer pointing a gun from behind it, and the individual they are aiming at who is standing on the front step of the house we were about to walk by....
I am indeed THAT slow and thick headed. No offense meant to anyone. Not something I really want to step in. I did not realize that the person being talked about was you. I wouldn't have mentioned it (as I am civil and all ^_^ )
hmm... *distracts with a quick story showing my obliviousness*
My wife and I used to walk to the metro (dc area subway in northern virginia) I in typical sociophobe low self esteem day-dreamer fashion would walk staring at the sidewalk mostly, and holding her hand. One morning she yanks my hand and pulls me to a stop right as I am walking between a police cruiser with it's door open and an officer pointing a gun from behind it, and the individual they are aiming at who is standing on the front step of the house we were about to walk by....
-
Gail Simone
- Newbie
- Posts: 17
- Joined: Fri May 04, 2007 1:08 am
Just so you know, Rick posted dozens and dozens of racist, woman-hating posts, and many many homophobic comments, then went back and erased most of them. That's where the name-calling came from. Read Unscrewed.com, where we saved them all, including calling almost every female pro some version of 'whore' and 'bitch,' among others.RobH wrote:Holy crap that's a massive ugly thread.
I can't say I am a fan of name calling. I'm not sure that there is anything productive about a thread like that. I am all for good natured silly, but mean spirited isn't my thing. If you have issues, state issues. They will stand on their own generally.
There may well be two sides to every story. In this case, there are more than that. Dozens of people have been cheated by Rick in his failed cpublishing effort, or at one of his cons, myself included, as well as well-known and established pros like Chuck Dixon and Val Staples, guys who are known for their unflagging integrity. Rick's reasons for never paying anyone have changed with the winds many times. Hilariously, now, months later, he's trying to float the excuse that these people he refuses to pay were 'interns,' as if working pros would work for free for someone who has never published a comic in his life.
If you want the truth, it's at Unscrewed, where we've saved every despicable thing Rick has said despite his continuous cowardly deletion of all his racist and homophobic and extremely vile comments about women.
I hadn't intended to name him, but since he may well ask you to attend his 'convention,' I highly recommend you read Unscrewed to find out what a disgusting trainwreck of an event this thing has been on the darn few occasions where he hasn't cancelled it.
It's of course your choice, should he ask, but it must be said that he's organizing this event after cheating dozens of professionals. That the kind of tactic he's been using for ten years, as Dennis well knows and has said to me more than once.
The truth is the truth, and Rick's spin belies his absolutely sickening and unprofessional behavior. I defy anyone to meet a well-respected, established pro who has a single good word to say about him.
There are two sides to every story...but it's hard to see the positive spin on cheating dozens of people over a period of many years, or hurling gay insults at Mark Waid, or calling Joanne Mutch a 'sick bitch,' simply because she told the truth of his creepy behavior towards her. Just take a look at Unscrewed.com, look at the list of people who have been threatened, cheated, or insulted by Rick and decide for yourself.
Just food for thought. My comments about the strip were authentic, I think you guys are doing fine work and am looking forward to more.
Best,
Gail
-
Gail Simone
- Newbie
- Posts: 17
- Joined: Fri May 04, 2007 1:08 am
It's very simple, Rick.
We have dozens of people whom you have cheated, many of whom even you've admitted to not paying. Do you EVER intend to pay them?
Simple. I know you love to pretend anyone cares about you other than as a deadbeat, but I promise you, pay the people you owe and you will go back to being an internet weirdo that is roundly ignored.
Pay the people you owe.
That's all. No one cares about your little vanity nonsense other than that.
I strongly recommend anyone considering even MEETING Rick for one of his unlikely-to-happen events check out Unscrewed.com for an endless parade of race-bashing, homophobic insults, and REALLY vile comments about females in particular. It would give any sensible person pause.
PAY THE PEOPLE YOU'VE CHEATED, RICK.
Gail
We have dozens of people whom you have cheated, many of whom even you've admitted to not paying. Do you EVER intend to pay them?
Simple. I know you love to pretend anyone cares about you other than as a deadbeat, but I promise you, pay the people you owe and you will go back to being an internet weirdo that is roundly ignored.
Pay the people you owe.
That's all. No one cares about your little vanity nonsense other than that.
I strongly recommend anyone considering even MEETING Rick for one of his unlikely-to-happen events check out Unscrewed.com for an endless parade of race-bashing, homophobic insults, and REALLY vile comments about females in particular. It would give any sensible person pause.
PAY THE PEOPLE YOU'VE CHEATED, RICK.
Gail

