A little idea I had...

For sign-ups for genre-related dropdowns and to discuss and organise crossover events.

A little idea I had...

Postby Lifeofthekalahari23 on Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:03 am

(if you think I ripped off you, or some other cartoonie writer's idea, say I.)

Anyway, its a bit of a cameo thing. I call it "ComedicTravel".
I know, lame title. I'll need to think of a better one. Or "KeenTravel". That's more like it. See, its a bit like Keenlace, I guess. (In the sense you send in submissions, not that you have to dress your characters in near nil clothing) Anywho, the idea behind it is that in every submission you chose one character from your comic for the cast for it, the cast are all in a car, plane, train, boat, whatever. Each person writes one comic, in their submissions, using the characters from the other comics, following the last one, creating a little storyline. Its idea is for people to see your comic, hopefully attracting more people to it, and a bit of an experiment(ABOl Vs Fizzle: Who will win?), too, and to have a bit of fun. I guess, if any thing like this get started, any comic outside from CG could join too. But Its a good idea, or its something a saw a few months ago off another forum. I think its something a thought of on my own.
I dunno.

Any thoughts?
Olive, Gin and Hazel are members of the blacktail meerkat clan, the smallest meerkat group in the kalahari. But remember, size doesn't matter....
Lifeofthekalahari23
Regular Poster

Postby Redtech on Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:34 pm

I wouldn't mind doing something like that, but a whole "strip-crossover" series seems a bit too much like work!

People showing off their Harleys and BMWs (and possibly their chars too!) might get the pencils scribbling. I actually like the idea.

Then again, my lead drives a..... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smart_%28automobile%29 ....smart car!

Maybe you should give the idea a shout on the general board and see what happens?
Sometimes the failed experiments are the ones that don't try to kill you
Redtech
Regular Poster

Postby Phact0rri on Mon Apr 30, 2007 2:10 pm

I concur... a pin up deal with traveling characters might be a better idea. the big problem with crossovers with a large amount of people (as jams can testify) is that one lag brings everything to a screeching hault. and less face it, webcartoonists are by nature.. quite lazy.
<KittyKatBlack> You look deranged. But I mean that in the nicest way possible. ^_^;
Phact0rri
The Establishment (Moderator)
The Establishment (Moderator)

Postby Lifeofthekalahari23 on Tue May 01, 2007 8:08 am

Indeed. As well, I didn't imagine anything much happening, with this, and I haven't a clue how this would work.
Olive, Gin and Hazel are members of the blacktail meerkat clan, the smallest meerkat group in the kalahari. But remember, size doesn't matter....
Lifeofthekalahari23
Regular Poster

Return to Dropdowns and Crossovers