COMPLAINTS DEPARTMENT.

This is where you advertise your webcomic to your new audience, and get it reviewed by the community. Read the rules before pitching.
Jekkal
Regular Poster

Post by Jekkal »

Complaining about the 20-page minimum required before doing a 'pitch' here. I already have a comic up, but It's only on page 16 or so because I'm doing a weekly schedule (thanks to college), and I think 20's a arbitrary number in this case.

Lieutenant Locust

Post by Lieutenant Locust »

Sneaky way to pitch without actually pitching!! The secretary is very pretty, by the way. I like how you draw your characters.
Soon to fill our lungs the hot winds of death
The gods are laughing, so take your last breath

Yeahduff
Resident Stoic (Moderator)

Post by Yeahduff »

jekkal wrote:Complaining about the 20-page minimum required before doing a 'pitch' here. I already have a comic up, but It's only on page 16 or so because I'm doing a weekly schedule (thanks to college), and I think 20's a arbitrary number in this case.
Surely you can wait that long.
I won't be the stars in your dark night.

Jekkal
Regular Poster

Post by Jekkal »

yeahduff wrote:
jekkal wrote:Complaining about the 20-page minimum required before doing a 'pitch' here. I already have a comic up, but It's only on page 16 or so because I'm doing a weekly schedule (thanks to college), and I think 20's a arbitrary number in this case.
Well, sure, but I still think 20's pretty arbitrary, especially when it means a month longer that I have to go before I can pimp. ;)

@ Lt Locust: Sneaky is always the best way, eh? As for that secretary, I really need to name her...

Mercury Hat
Iron Lady (ForumAdmin)
Iron Lady (ForumAdmin)

Post by Mercury Hat »

It's a little arbitrary, but it's a nice round number. A lot of comic book issues will have around 20-25 pages, it's enough to get a small chapter done and introduce a lot of the plot.
ImageImage
<Legostar> merc is all knowing, all seeing, and not caring

Yeahduff

Post by Yeahduff »

jekkal wrote:
yeahduff wrote:
Well, sure, but I still think 20's pretty arbitrary, especially when it means a month longer that I have to go before I can pimp. ;)
Gotta put it somewhere, right? Don't worry, stick with this and twenty pages are gonna seem like nothing.

That_keith
Regular Poster

Post by That_keith »

I'm sorry but is this the room for Being Hit on the Head Lessons?

Datachasers
Regular Poster

dial up what?

Post by Datachasers »

you know what - i saw that someones pitch was deleted and theres a line that was cited ( think of us dial up folks )

sorry i saw the image and it wasnt that large - and there are far far more HIGH speed than old tech 20 years old

YES there are some people that aer stuck with high speed - mayhaps instead of being able to just "nuke" a thread because someone doesnt like waiting - is just annoying ! and i realize that this post will probably be "edited"

mahaps a WARNING NO DIAL UP button on the post ( that can be set to default ) so that dial up folks dont have to even look at it - ( unless they want to wait ) and us High speed folk can go on our merry little way

thanks to serveys i ran on several boards at once , dial up is a small percentage of the internet - most games now REQUREING a broadband connection at the very least to even play - ( city of heros , WoW , EQ2 ) ect so why keep this board in the past , bring it up to "speed" ....

/ rant off
Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat.
-- R. Heinlein

Risky

Post by Risky »

It's not a board for online gamers, y'know. There are plenty of webcomics that are dialup friendly.

Yeahduff

Re: dial up what?

Post by Yeahduff »

datachasers wrote: and i realize that this post will probably be "edited"
Pft, you can come out of martyr position now, the soldiers picked up some other guy.

Threads don't get nuked because of excessive images. Just the images do. I deleted a thread recently not because the image was too large, but because of a flagrant and repeated disregard for the rules.

I have no intention of lifting the image requirements. The board doesn't need more large images, and it's reasonable to expect such net savvy people to understand file compression. Forgive me if I don't just take your word on the no doubt scientific research you performed, but the fact of the matter is that a large portion of web users are on dail-up, and if you're disregarding their issues, you're losing a whole lot of your audience right off the bat. And it costs money to host those large images.

This isn't really that hard to accomodate, and it's not new or ambiguous. If you're comfortable making other people wait because you're too lazy to compress your files, I'm gonna have a lot of trouble taking pity on you. Sorry.

RobertBr
Regular Poster

Re: COMPLAINTS DEPARTMENT.

Post by RobertBr »

Why was the Supernatural's presents thread locked. I know they violated the 20 page rule, but it seemed a minor infringement only?

Robert

Dr Legostar
Cartoon Villain

Post by Dr Legostar »

RobertBr wrote:Why was the Supernatural's presents thread locked?
RobertBr wrote:they violated the 20 page rule
you've answered your own question.

minor infringement or no, it's still a rule.
-D. M. Jeftinija Pharm.D., Ph.D. -- Yes, I've got two doctorates and I'm arrogant about it, what have *you* done with *your* life?
"People who don't care about anything will never understand the people who do." "yeah.. but we won't care."
"Legostar's on the first page of the guide. His opinion is worth more than both of yours."--Yeahduff

Warofwinds
Cartoon Hero

Post by Warofwinds »

I have a side-comic I'd like to pitch that ends with a total of 16 pages. My main comic is over 250 pages. Would it be acceptable to make a pitch for my side-comic even though it will be less than 20 pages?
-Kez
ImageImageImage

K-Dawg
I wanna LIVE

Post by K-Dawg »

So the comic is only 16 pages long right?

It should be fine; it's a complete story.

Shocking news Angry D. Monkey

Warofwinds
Cartoon Hero

Post by Warofwinds »

OMG, a reply! :D

Yes, the side-comic is only 16 pages long, and it's complete until December or so, where I may do a part II. I think I'm just going to pimp my main comic though since I'm coming back from hiatus on Monday, and mention a link to the side comic there.

Dun' need anyone locking my thread or complaining that I broke the rules ><
-Kez
ImageImageImage

Robin Pierce
The Establishment (Moderator)
The Establishment (Moderator)

Post by Robin Pierce »

WoW,

Since it's a complete story, I'll give it my okay. Just write a note at the bottom of the pitch or something saying that i said it was fine, just so I don't forget and mod my own okay-ed-ness.
Image Image Image
Commissions currently at Sale Prices, for details click third link

Jekkal
Regular Poster

Re:

Post by Jekkal »

Yeahduff wrote:
jekkal wrote:
yeahduff wrote:Surely you can wait that long.
Gotta put it somewhere, right? Don't worry, stick with this and twenty pages are gonna seem like nothing.
Well, looking back on these posts, since I'm currently around page 120 or so...

OH MY ACHIN' BACK! D:

I can't believe how long ago that was...

BionicDance
Regular Poster

Re: dial up what?

Post by BionicDance »

Datachasers wrote:you know what - i saw that someones pitch was deleted and theres a line that was cited ( think of us dial up folks )
Actually, I'm glad this came up...I just checked, and there'z one page of my comic that I saved wrong and it came in at half a meg instead of the usual 150k-202k. Good thing it's a page that won't be published until November, neh? :)

Anywho, 150-200k isn't bad for a full-size all-color comic book page, neh?
If normal is relative, then I'm an orphan.

Evil_Hare

Post by Evil_Hare »

My only complaint is that I can't seem to draw faster. :(

somebody read my comic!

http://jaketheevilhare.comicgenesis.com/

Locust

Post by Locust »

My complaint is that higher education is getting in the way of me working on my comic. Darn you, university! You always thwart my hobby!

...And usually my self-esteem too, but that's another story.