Revenge of the unhappy thread.

This is where past, great threads in the history of our forum go.
Garneta
Holding Out for a Hero

Post by Garneta »

The boss had the day off...again...today. That makes 5 days in a row! :evil:

I have found out over the past couple days though, that I really like being in charge, even if it is unofficial...
Image Image Image

Robbie
Regular Poster

Post by Robbie »

They won today! Now I'm upset with myself for doubting them.

Dracomax
Cartoon Hero

Post by Dracomax »

my laptop is not acknowledging that the screen exists.

substitute old moniter sucks.
ImageImageImage
You and TRI are the crazy mad ones.~Cope
Give a man a fire, keep him warm for a day; set a man on fire, keep him warm for life.~unknown

Garneta
Holding Out for a Hero

Post by Garneta »

Found out why the boss had all those days off...he up and moved to Texas spur of the moment and didn't think to TELL ANY OF US. :evil:

And now I'm upset because

1: I miss him; it was nice having a friend at work...plus now who'm I gonna flirt with?!

And 2: Since I've been doing his job for over a week anyway, I want it...but the main boss was busy today and I never got the chance to talk with her about it!

Grrrrrrrrr
Image Image Image

Col
Cartoon Villain

Post by Col »

Just found out my friend's nineteen year old brother died in his sleep last night. :(

KeyMonkey
Regular Poster

Post by KeyMonkey »

my webcomic is currently featuring anal probing.
KeyMonkey

Code: Select all

-----------------------------------------
|Passing on a message, you are loved.   |
|        \         Yeah?  from who?     |
|         \               \             |
|          o-o             -.-          |
|Everyone, and I have         \         |
|to kiss you.           Nooooooooo!     |
----------------------------------------- 
Catch me if you can ;)

K-Dawg
I wanna LIVE

Post by K-Dawg »

Pretty darn sick.

Shocking news Angry D. Monkey

Garneta
Holding Out for a Hero

Post by Garneta »

Still depressed, and now I'm also annoyed with myself for being depressed this long over something so stupid.
Image Image Image

MixedMyth
Cartoon Villain

Post by MixedMyth »

My advisor told me that I need to go to a meeting on my birthday. And it's in the evening. It's a 20 minute drive down there, too, and another 20 minutes back up. :(
ImageImage Mixed Myth
Etsy Shop- for masks and gamer greeting cards

Black Sparrow
Cartoon Anti-Hero

Post by Black Sparrow »

Still no summer job. I just reapplied to the same place I was at last year... the one that worked me 14 hours a day, six days a week. No life for me again this summer. *sigh*
This is going in my notebook titled "Things I Didn't Know about Surface Dwellers."
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

Dr Legostar
Cartoon Villain

Post by Dr Legostar »

in love with a girl who i can't have.

not in love with a girl who loves me.
-D. M. Jeftinija Pharm.D., Ph.D. -- Yes, I've got two doctorates and I'm arrogant about it, what have *you* done with *your* life?
"People who don't care about anything will never understand the people who do." "yeah.. but we won't care."
"Legostar's on the first page of the guide. His opinion is worth more than both of yours."--Yeahduff

Rkolter
Destroyer of Words (Moderator)

Post by Rkolter »

As an update, the guy who said he'd go and take care of our cats, who wasn't allowed in, and then who didn't come back until two days later even after we said "We beat the shit out of the office for not letting you in!" did in fact return, and played with our cats, and fed and watered them.

Yay! the Kolter Kitties are fed and watered!
Image Image ImageImage
Crossfire: "Thank you! That explains it very nicely, and in a language that someone other than a physicist can understand..."

Denial is not falsification. You can't avoid a fact just because you don't like it.
"Data" is not the plural of "anecdote"

The Mortician
Cartoon Hero

Post by The Mortician »

It felt sorta weird that Misty didn't come online until after 11. I mean she got off at 6. Turns out she's rather upset, Bad news in her family and she was upset for the last 4 hours at least. Her brother has diabetes as it turns out. Its a hard impact on the family because its hereditary and Misty's not only upset over her brother, but fearful she may have it as well. :(

Laemkral
Cartoon Hero

Post by Laemkral »

Nice wonderful day, even the 6 mile ruck march was pleasant. Then I get a call at work from my parents, one of the "we need to talk now" calls. My dad had been going through a slight rough patch on his health, first we thought pneumonia, then cancer, then it was just benign and he got to leave, now it's suddenly lymphoma and he needs chemo.

They say he's got a very good chance on this because it's one of the weaker versions of lymphoma and also they caught it early and its being treated aggressively by an excellent doc. So my parents (including my Nurse Practioner mom) are saying don't worry, it's just a little detour on the road of life and it's gonna be okay.

I've always been very very afraid of something happening to my parents, even just one of them. I'm a strong person, but only because I don't let people in deep down. My parents are my strength and more or less my connection to everyone else in the family that isn't a direct blood relative, and I don't know what I'd do if I lost one of them.
Heed these words: I do not draw. Photos if you're lucky.

Jesusabdullah
Cartoon Hero

Post by Jesusabdullah »

That sucks Laem.

I did two thirds of a homework assignment before I realized I was doing problems out of the wrong chapter. No wonder the problems seemed so frustratingly hard! I'd laugh harder, but it's past 1 am and I still have problems to do.

Tellurider
Cartoon Hero

Post by Tellurider »

Someone is finally interested in hiring me. This sound like happy news, but it's back in the ol' oilfield service industry, which I was sort of hoping to get out of. But no one else wants to hire me!

It looks like I'll have to take a job that I don't hate, but don't actually want either. And I feel like I've inadvertently doomed myself to a career I don't really want. And I may have to move to Vernal, Utah, which no one has ever heard of.

It's very depressing and I think maybe I should give up engineering and take a job working at a video store and try to write a screenplay and become a badass movie director. Hey, it worked for Quentin Tarantino.
updates Thursdays

Rkolter

Post by Rkolter »

I had something double-baggied and wrapped in bubble wrap in my checked bags and they unwrapped it and un-double baggied it and went through the WHOLE Bag because that's apparently how you ship drugs through your checked bags.

It wasn't drugs.

Satan's blood - each milliliter has the concentrated heat equal to four-hundred very hot jalipenos. It's nothing like pure crystalized capcasin (equal to 7,500 very hot jalipenos per milligram), but it's plenty warm.
Image Image ImageImage
Crossfire: "Thank you! That explains it very nicely, and in a language that someone other than a physicist can understand..."

Denial is not falsification. You can't avoid a fact just because you don't like it.
"Data" is not the plural of "anecdote"

MixedMyth
Cartoon Villain

Post by MixedMyth »

I just went through the One Night Flu. I had stomach pains, sore muscles, a fever and chills...the whole nine yards. It was horrible. Yet I feel more or less fine today, which is actually VERY good as there are two classes that I reeeeally have to be at. Still, I wonder what that was?
ImageImage Mixed Myth

Fading Aura
Regular Poster

Food poisoning?

Post by Fading Aura »

MixedMyth wrote:I just went through the One Night Flu. I had stomach pains, sore muscles, a fever and chills...the whole nine yards. It was horrible. Yet I feel more or less fine today, which is actually VERY good as there are two classes that I reeeeally have to be at. Still, I wonder what that was?
Could it have been food poisoning? :-?
Here we stand, here we fall; history don't care at all. Make the bed, light the light; Lady Mercy won't be home tonight.

MixedMyth
Cartoon Villain

Re: Food poisoning?

Post by MixedMyth »

Fading Aura wrote:
MixedMyth wrote:I just went through the One Night Flu. I had stomach pains, sore muscles, a fever and chills...the whole nine yards. It was horrible. Yet I feel more or less fine today, which is actually VERY good as there are two classes that I reeeeally have to be at. Still, I wonder what that was?
Could it have been food poisoning? :-?
I was wondering that. It may have been. But do fevers often accompany food poisoning? And muscle aches? I've only had food poisoning once before and that was more of the oh-god-my-stomach-is-rebelling sort of deal. Nevertheless, I'm not going to try that imitation crab again. If anything's to blame, it's that.
ImageImage Mixed Myth