Logjam in the Queue

For requests for help from CG administrators, Wranglers, and experienced CG members. Please read the FAQ before posting. Also look at CG Wiki for tutorials and how-tos written by other CG webtoonists.
Post Reply
User avatar
Thunder&Lightning
Newbie
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2006 10:51 pm
Location: CA
Contact:

Logjam in the Queue

Post by Thunder&Lightning »

Hey, there.

First of all, I want to impress how much I appreciate all the hard work on the part of the CG admins here. I imagine it's a tough, pretty much thankless job, but we really do appreciate your work here. It's a beautiful thing!

That said, it seems the queue has managed to get itself stuck again. I'm not sure how long this has been a problem, but I noticed as I went to update that it hadn't been moving for long enough that 600 or so updates had accumulated at a time when the queue is almost always next to empty. Now that it's hit midnight (on the West Coast), that number's jumped to 1770 or so, with no sign of movement.

So. If this proves to be just a passing thing, my apologies for this thread, but if it's not, I wanted to give as much advance notice as possible. Hopefully this will a matter of the former.

Anyway, thanks so much again, CG Admins!

User avatar
Dr Neo Lao
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 2397
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2006 5:21 am
Location: Australia

Post by Dr Neo Lao »

I'm not sure what the "average" number is for comics waiting, but I'd imagine that on or around midnight L.A. time the queue would take a considerable jump as that is the default time when most comics are set to update.

But there does seem to be a sligtly longer than usual delay at the moment. My comic is set to udate at around 7pm my local time (around 90 minutes before time of posting), and it hasn't updated but it may just be a higher than average number of comics get proccessed on the weekend as a lot of the weekly comics get put up on sat / sundays.

As with all things, the main suggestion seems to be patience. I think the highest that I've seen the queue reported at was in an old thread from before I joined (lurker days) and that was a smige over 4,000. I'm not sure what the highest anyone else has seen it...

User avatar
STrRedWolf
Confuzzled CG Admin
Confuzzled CG Admin
Posts: 2580
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: undef;
Contact:

Post by STrRedWolf »

The comic server got rebooted *again* by Darren for no reason while getting DNS fully working. It was updating at the time, as usual, and I cleared the mess up so it's updating again.
Kelly "STrRedWolf" Price
Admin, Comic Genesis
Artist/Writer, Stalag '99 (WolfSkunks and Drygers, oh my!)
I NEED MORE TIME, CAPTIN!

User avatar
Thunder&Lightning
Newbie
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2006 10:51 pm
Location: CA
Contact:

Post by Thunder&Lightning »

Thanks so much! I honestly didn't expect such a speedy repair there, but it was a delight to find things working again. Yay!

Yeah, I wasn't trying to be impatient, I just wanted to give as much advanced noticed as possible to those concerned. So thanks, everyone, for being so awesome. :D

User avatar
Robbie
Regular Poster
Posts: 403
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2005 10:05 am
Location: Here.
Contact:

Post by Robbie »

Mine, uh..... hasn't updated since Saturday.

Just saying..... >_>

Post Reply