Introduction Thread

A place for myself to post the comics storyline in prose form, plus a current comic discussion and most likely some random threads.

Introduction Thread

Postby Garneta on Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:59 am

Even though at the moment there're only four of us who've posted, I thought that I'd go ahead and start one of these, just in case anyone else decides to drop by in the future!

So I'll start off: *sings this next sentence* "Hi my name is Kat, and I like to do drawrings!"

At the moment, I'm 24 years old, live in Branson Missouri USA, and work at one of the live theatres here in town. My interests include movies, naturey stuff, cats of all types, and crafts.

For breakfast I enjoy cooking toast, eggs, bacon, toast, waffles and toast. (I'll give a popsicle to anyone who knows that movie reference!)
Last edited by Garneta on Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image
Garneta
Holding Out for a Hero

Postby TomSFox on Thu Apr 05, 2007 12:21 pm

Oh, goody, I will, too!
Even though I've been annoying you with my presence for quite a while, I think I'm still a mystery.
Here goes:
My name is Thomas, I am cute 20 years young and live in germany.
I also like do drawings! (By the way, I didn't expect that from you, Kat! You like to do drawings?! I had no idea! You think, you know somebody, and then that...)
I might have my own webcomic soon, too! I'm still formulating some ideas.
Anyhow, I will let you know, when I'm ready.

Other webcomics I like to read are Role of the Die and Ugly Girl.
And there was this webcomic called Otaku Kyokai, I was just getting into, when it suddenly stopped updating.
(Can anyone shed a little light on this? I really liked that comic!)
TomSFox
Regular Poster

Postby Jonmisc on Thu Apr 05, 2007 2:35 pm

I'm afraid if I don't do this Kat will do something mean to me next time I see her ;)

I'm Jonnie. I'm 27 and I live ten miles south of Harrison, AR, USA (I'm about 40 miles south of Kat IIRC).

I like to draw too, but I don't do it often; poetry is more my thing. I also tinker around with computers a bit, but I'm woefully behind the times with my knowledge of current hardware.

I'm also no good at filling in these "about me" things so it's best just to ask if you actually want to know something :)
"We will not end the nightmare, we will only explain it."
Jonmisc
Regular Poster

Postby Ciararavenblaze on Thu Apr 05, 2007 2:43 pm

I'm Cyndi, I'm 25, I'm female, and I like to write.

um... yeah. that's all I can think of. right now anyway. ^^

oh yeah wait a second, I totally forgot to add this: I live in Georgia, USA. ^^ near Atlanta.
>.>

<.<

PLOOEY!!!!
Ciararavenblaze
Cartoon Hero

Postby Jim North on Thu Apr 05, 2007 2:51 pm

Who?

What?

Where am I?
Existence is a series of catastrophes through which everything barely but continually survives.
Jim North
Cartoon Hero

Postby Garneta on Thu Apr 05, 2007 4:06 pm

Jim North wrote:Where am I?

You're sitting in the chair on the other side of the living room! :wink:
Image Image Image
Garneta
Holding Out for a Hero

Postby Ruby Falls on Tue Jul 31, 2007 1:40 pm

I should have done this a couple of months ago. Hi, I'm Ruby Falls. That's not my real name, I am a huge Guster fan (look them up). I live in Michigan. I'm a Gemini and I love tomatoes and black-capped chickadees. (Gotta love the B-52s.)

I live for the arts. I act and do running crew for plays, I read CONSTANTLY, I make movies with friends and watch other movies a LOT, I draw comics (my dad's a cartoonist so I guess I inherited some talent), I write poetry and little parodies of Gilda Radner characters, and I've been working on some writing of mine that may be a screenplay for a stop-motion animation picture or a fantasy novel. Tim Burton will not be able to resist it when it's finished! No, I don't have a huge ego, I just worship Tim. I read a ton of web comics (Earthsong, Ugly Girl, Cat Legend, Inverloch, and Thatguy to list a few). I adore cats of any kind. And I have this problem where I constantly quote movies and lituature and I tend to make people giggle. XD

"Chicks dig me because I rarely wear underwear and when I do it's usually something unusual."
Antici...
Ruby Falls
Cartoon Hero

Location: In a dark chamber being forced to listen to Vogon poetry

Postby Ruby Falls on Tue Jul 31, 2007 8:01 pm

Oooooo, and I play cello and dance a mean time warp!
Antici...
Ruby Falls
Cartoon Hero

Postby Garneta on Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:55 am

*wishes she could play an instrument*
Image Image Image
Garneta
Holding Out for a Hero

Postby Ruby Falls on Mon Nov 26, 2007 1:17 pm

Have you ever tried?
Antici...
Ruby Falls
Cartoon Hero

Postby Garneta on Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:18 pm

Yeah, I used to take piano lessons. It's hard for me to read music, though, and I can't play by ear either...so I had to memorize each song bit by bit. Once I got the songs down, I could play them though. (But it's usually so long between times that I have to re-teach myself.

I've asked both Bart and my friend James to teach me guitar, but it hasn't happened yet. I should probably ask Bart to teach me harmonica, too...I've tried to teach myself that, and it's never worked out that well...

Heh...ever see that episode of 'Frasier' where Niles tries to teach Daphne piano? I guess that about sums up MY musical ability, too!
Image Image Image
Garneta
Holding Out for a Hero

Postby Ruby Falls on Mon Nov 26, 2007 4:31 pm

I never had piano lessons. I wish I had. I'm pretty good at the cello, I think.

I'd love to learn guitar. It's kind of funny that I'd have to play right-handed even though I'm left-handed. It's because of how I need to use my hands for cello.
Antici...
Ruby Falls
Cartoon Hero

Postby Ciararavenblaze on Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:59 pm

Ruby Falls wrote:I'd love to learn guitar. It's kind of funny that I'd have to play right-handed even though I'm left-handed. It's because of how I need to use my hands for cello.

nahhhh.. you could always just flip the guitar upside down and restring it. :D
>.>

<.<

PLOOEY!!!!
Ciararavenblaze
Cartoon Hero

Return to Distant Eras