I've said it before, but I'll say it again.

For discussing SPQR Blues (the mostly daily webcomic), Vesuvius (the mostly disgruntled volcano), and obscure facts about ancient Rome.

I've said it before, but I'll say it again.

Postby Shishio on Sat Mar 31, 2007 12:15 pm

I quite like your comic.

Sadly, I'm not up to date with it, (I have only read up to early chapter three, if memory serves.) but so far, the scene I enjoyed the most was when Felix told Mus' father that he's killed hundreds of innocents. It shows great maturity on your part as a writer.

Keep up the good work.
One-liners: Come for the laughs, stay for the abuse.
Shishio
Regular Poster

Postby Spqrblues on Sat Mar 31, 2007 2:32 pm

Thank you for the kudos, very much. The :shucks: emoticon is about as close as I can get to my current expression. Maybe a little of this: :o

You're almost up to date--chapter 3 is 38 comics long as of today. I've run out of buffer, and have several big work projects due next week. The schedule will fall back to "mostly daily" for a while.

Over on LJ, I think one reader's reaction to Felix's confession was (sympathetic) disappointment at how he never has learned when to keep his mouth shut. I haven't decided yet whether to try to migrate all discussion over to this forum. The LJ folks of course like LJ for convenience, but I wonder if those other readers I see in the stats might not prefer something like this. I'll spruce up a bit around here, then post a link on the main comic page and see how many people drop by.

At the very least, I can keep myself entertained with weird polls and bits of ancient trivia.
Spqrblues
Regular Poster

Postby Shishio on Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:46 am

Personally, I prefer the forum. The only LJ account I've ever posted on is the one for Lucid TV, and that's only because it's awesome, and they don't have a forum.
One-liners: Come for the laughs, stay for the abuse.
Shishio
Regular Poster

Postby Spqrblues on Sun Apr 01, 2007 1:04 pm

I love it. It's as if House were a webcomic, and a few step scrazier.

I have a mass of work to get done, but I'll probably end up reading the whole archive tonight at this rate.
Spqrblues
Regular Poster

Return to SPQR Blues