Revenge of the unhappy thread.

This is where past, great threads in the history of our forum go.

Revenge of the unhappy thread.

Postby TRI on Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:49 pm

I can't be the only one who's just not happy enough for the happy thread, and since misery loves company I figure we could use one of these.

Sad? Irritated? Frustrated? Bitter?
What's got you down? What's bugging you? What's got your dander up?
C'mon. Spill it.

Me?

My grandmother died last weekend I didn't get to see her in the hospital.
My mother's car's water pump spontaneously broke and fixing it is going to cost an entire month's pay and then some.
Another conversation with one of my best friends ended on a sour note and now I have to apologize to her for being a crab yet again.

That's me, now your turn.
ImageImageImage
"Yeah, that's the bridge pier (expletive). I thought it was the center. Oh (expletive)." ~ From the transcript of the recording device on board the ship which struck the San Franciso Bay Bridge last year, causing a 50,000 gallon oil spill.
TRI
Cartoon Hero

Postby Tellurider on Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:53 pm

I STILL DON'T HAVE A JOB.

That about sums it up, really. And I have a lot of crap to go through and get rid of and repack so I can move. And I don't know where I'll move to.

It's less "unhappy" than "annoyed and angry" though.
updates Thursdays
Tellurider
Cartoon Hero

Postby Rock_dash on Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:12 pm

ho ho ho

I got to work and found out that they fired ANOTHER stockman. This time, they fired the guy for cashing in people's discarded soda cans from the parking lot. Another fired stockman, another bullshit reason.

So I was on by myself from 11 to 4. Annoying, but not the end of the world. Then, 4:00 rolled around and...the guy that was supposed to come on...the guy that I saw that very morning, getting his paycheck...didn't show up. To top off the whole crappy day, they were going to try to make me stay late to clean up the other half of the lot. That was where I drew the line.

I hate that stupid place.
ImageImage
Rock_dash
NOTHING

Postby Ahaugen on Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:13 pm

i have to inventory all of my model train stuff so that it can be appraised and calculated into the value of my dad's estate, on top of cleaning out the rest of his house, and my sister won't lift a finger to help.

... oh, and my mom was accused of harassing and discriminating against a fellow customs officer at work this week.
Read The Times-Picayune
Comic Genesis' daily source for news since 2009

A Lamestream Media Company
Ahaugen
Cartoon Hero

Location: Chasing leads, reporating news, and opining editorally

Postby TheSuburbanLetdown on Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:13 pm

I'm sleepy.
TheSuburbanLetdown
Destroyer of Property Value

Postby Dracomax on Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:20 pm

i have to clean my room, and i can't find my machete!
ImageImageImage
You and TRI are the crazy mad ones.~Cope
Give a man a fire, keep him warm for a day; set a man on fire, keep him warm for life.~unknown
Dracomax
Cartoon Hero

Postby TheSuburbanLetdown on Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:24 pm

I have two of those.
TheSuburbanLetdown

Postby MixedMyth on Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:52 pm

Well, this basically sums up my time in grad school.

-I don't have enough money to make it through the summer without a job, but I move two months into summer. Plus moving is expensive, so I NEED a job.
-My department really is very disorganized and doesn't listen to the students much. Seems when I pipe up about something, it gets pinned on us rather than faculty. And most of my profs won't be there for graduation.
-I really, really want to make it in comics. Do them professionally. But I have to get other jobs in the mean time, and they're gradually wearing me down.
-Don't have many friends down here so I'm fairly lonely, and I really don't like Indianapolis much at all. It just does not suite me. It takes like 20 minutes to get anywhere, and there isn't much of anywhere to go anyhow. No real sense of community, I suppose you could say.
-What am I going to do when my student healthcare ends?
-What am I going to do when I need to pay off student loans?
-My car keeps breaking. I just had to have the axles replaced. Apparently one of the previous repair guys had tried to 'repair' it by putting clamps on it. Oh, and I'm going to have to have extensive break work done on it in may. Like $400 worth. I just spent $800 on axles and various belts.
-I want a kitty. :{
ImageImage Mixed Myth
Etsy Shop- for masks and gamer greeting cards
MixedMyth
Cartoon Villain

Postby TRI on Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:07 pm

MixedMyth wrote:-I want a kitty. :{

Just so long as you don't eat it like that baby.

Tellurider wrote:It's less "unhappy" than "annoyed and angry" though.

Still totally counts.

theSuburbanLetdown wrote:I have two of those.

Rooms or machetes?
ImageImageImage
"Yeah, that's the bridge pier (expletive). I thought it was the center. Oh (expletive)." ~ From the transcript of the recording device on board the ship which struck the San Franciso Bay Bridge last year, causing a 50,000 gallon oil spill.
TRI
Cartoon Hero

Postby Sput on Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:23 pm

For the past two months something has been wrong.

I'm sick at least once a week and constantly lethargic, irritable, and all i want to do is sleep and it's the last thing i can do.

i am failing classes, which was tolerable till the parents found out. now it's painful and they think i'm a liar, a slacker, a terrible student and all i want to do is go home and sleep. it got to the point where yesterday i pretty much sobbed all night while studying. tears all over my text book. only thing that kept me together was bean.

my art has stagnated and looks horrible. simplistic and there's 0 improvement.

i have constant headaches which is a new development. they're horrible mostly cus i've never HAD any before now. it feels like vices around my head.
lazy sput is lazy.
Sput
Needs an Oil Checkup

Postby Eve Z. on Fri Mar 23, 2007 2:01 am

I'm still a geek and I think I'll die unmarried.
my grandma came again to see me on my birthday.
I'm not going home today, but tomorrow.
I haven't got fanart for months.
I haven't got a comment on my webcomic for ages.
I'm hungry and I cannot go to eat till my art teacher will make a corrections to our .. ehm drawings.
I hate my enemy.
I had a dream about my enemy.
my enemy came to school today.
my day ruins when I see my enemy's ugly face.
I miss my kitty.
my birthday is on Monday.
I hate my birthday.
Outside it's raining and I have the funniest-looking umbrella you've ever seen.
I'm ashamed to use it.
I look stupid walking in the rain with an unopened umbrella in my hands.
I look stupid walking in the rain with a funny looking umbrella.
my iPod's battery is low.

And... my unhappy list is way too long.
...what goes around, comes around.
Eve Z.
Dead Humanoid Walking

Postby Keffria on Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:16 am

Not only am I in a complete creative rut at a time when it's very important that I feel creative and act on it very quickly, but also, I just got screwed over by a power outage. -_-
Keffria
The Wimpy Teaching Assistant (Mod)
The Wimpy Teaching Assistant (Mod)

Postby Nanda on Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:10 am

sput wrote:For the past two months something has been wrong.

I'm sick at least once a week and constantly lethargic, irritable, and all i want to do is sleep and it's the last thing i can do.

i am failing classes, which was tolerable till the parents found out. now it's painful and they think i'm a liar, a slacker, a terrible student and all i want to do is go home and sleep. it got to the point where yesterday i pretty much sobbed all night while studying. tears all over my text book. only thing that kept me together was bean.

i have constant headaches which is a new development. they're horrible mostly cus i've never HAD any before now. it feels like vices around my head.

Have you gone to a doctor? It sounds like mono.
Image Image
Nanda
Cartoon Hero

Postby Sput on Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:30 am

Going to see one this thursday, but dunno who I could possibly get it from. Haven't kissed anyone in years, or shared drinks or anything. :v
lazy sput is lazy.
Sput
Needs an Oil Checkup

Postby MixedMyth on Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:25 am

Nanda wrote:
sput wrote:For the past two months something has been wrong.

Have you gone to a doctor? It sounds like mono.

That's just what I was going to say. It really sounds like it.
Might want to make sure it's not menengitis while you're at it. I doubt it, but if there are headaches it might pay to be sure? But yeah, doctor'll know what things are actually plausible.

"Excuse me, miss, are you a doctor?"
"No, but I have a degree in Anthropology...so I do study people! Roll 'em on in and get me some of those pinging gizmos!"
ImageImage Mixed Myth
Etsy Shop- for masks and gamer greeting cards
MixedMyth
Cartoon Villain

Postby TheSuburbanLetdown on Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:36 am

TRI wrote:
theSuburbanLetdown wrote:I have two of those.

Rooms or machetes?

Machetes. One of them really sucks, but the good one picks up the slack rather nicely.
TheSuburbanLetdown

Postby Killbert-Robby on Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:41 am

I haven't eaten in 24 hours. Then I come home for lunch today, starving, and I ate so much I feel REALLY sick. Blech.

Oh and its Friday, I'll be reinforcing my borderline alcoholism etc
Killbert-Robby
Cartoon Hero

Postby TheSuburbanLetdown on Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:56 am

Just put the bottle down.
TheSuburbanLetdown

Postby Dr Legostar on Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:13 am

MixedMyth wrote:-Don't have many friends down here so I'm fairly lonely, and I really don't like Indianapolis much at all. It just does not suite me. It takes like 20 minutes to get anywhere, and there isn't much of anywhere to go anyhow. No real sense of community, I suppose you could say.

I will find time to make the 3 hour drive and visit you. I will try to bring Derenge when I do visit.

As for sput, yeah, that is starting to sound like it might have some sort of medical cause.
-D. M. Jeftinija Ph.D.
"People who don't care about anything will never understand the people who do." "yeah.. but we won't care."
"Legostar's on the first page of the guide. His opinion is worth more than both of yours."--Yeahduff
Dr Legostar
Cartoon Villain

Postby RemusShepherd on Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:11 am

I have a tic. In my eyelid. It's twitching, all day.

Either I have an eye infection, or I'm finally turning into one of those cartoon characters who twitches all the time.
RemusShepherd
Cartoon Hero

Next

Return to Archives