UK web and mini comics thing!

For discussion of the comic, characters, criticisms, etc. and just dicussion in general.

UK web and mini comics thing!

Postby Miruku on Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:06 pm

I am totally going!
March...17th? I believe.
In London.
It will be awesome.
I only have, like, 2 U.K. readers that I know of, so this doesn't really have anything to do with the comic, just that I'm SO excited and it's going to be freaking awesome.

Also, while the comic is kind of out of service for a while, I'm going to give that 100 theme challenge a try.

Weeee, it's 5 am and I totally can't sleep! I've watched the same 3 episodes of Lost, like 3 times each, now.
Speaking of Lost, anyone other than me actually watch it?
Anyone as addicted to it as I am?
Anyone have any CRAZY theories about what the hell is going on!?!
Emma; music, drama, romance & slice-of-life
Miruku
Regular Poster

Re: UK web and mini comics thing!

Postby Pacian on Sat Feb 17, 2007 5:05 am

miruku wrote:I only have, like, 2 U.K. readers that I know of

*waves*

miruku wrote:Also, while the comic is kind of out of service for a while, I'm going to give that 100 theme challenge a try.

O RLY? Elucidate further, please.

miruku wrote:Speaking of Lost, anyone other than me actually watch it?

Only the entire population of this planet. Other planets don't dig it so much.

miruku wrote:Anyone as addicted to it as I am?

I saw the first two seasons and then it was bought by a channel I don't get. Can you say, 'cold turkey'? T_T

miruku wrote:Anyone have any CRAZY theories about what the hell is going on!?!

At the end of the second season I decided that they are probably on Earth and probably not dead. Which scuppered my two favourite ideas.
"Charles Freck began to hallucinate. The next thing he knew, a creature from between dimensions was standing beside his bed, looking down at him disapprovingly."
Pacian

Postby Miruku on Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:53 pm

100 theme challenge = drawing representations of a list of 100 themes (on a website...google it if you want to see) using original characters or borrowing characters from other sources (Naruto, etc.).

...Haven't actually gotten around to doing any yet...we'll see...
Although I do have 5 papers to write this week, so maybe I just have to wait until I have more time.

I dunno about that entire population thing. I know about 10 people who are as into it as I am, and then the only other people I know who watch it (rather than just catching it occasionally) are the people I force to watch it- like my roommates at home, and now my flatmates. ...It's often akin to a hostage situation... Until they start talking, at which point they are shunned from the room, sometimes the building...

Your crazy theories disappoint me. They are not nearly crazy enough.
Seriously, ever been to the website? Those people are crazy like FOXES!
I don't know where they come up with the stuff!
Miruku
Regular Poster

Postby Geekblather on Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:08 pm

Hey, I found you via the Hyatt forum. And yes, I'm also totally addicted to Lost. The best, was that I got into it because my sister in law has the first two seasons on dvd, so I watched the whole first two seasons over the course of about a week. That was fun. Although, I think my favorite is the "Bad Robot" graphic at the end... I don't know why that is, it just is.
Oh, and I added you to my links page, which should show up- if CG uploading is ever unclogged...

It's about fluff, angst, drama, comedy, gaming. Come play in our world.
Geekblather
Regular Poster

Postby Miruku on Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:26 am

I like to think the bad robot thing is a nice little comforting thing after the particularly creepy or upsetting episodes. It's all "DUN DUN DUUUUN," and then there's that whole "Lost" graphic with the creepy noises at the end, but then everything is better, because there's a little robot, and he's oh so cute.

I read through your archives last night. Totally see the similarities between Will and Rae (I hope I spelled that right). I was glad I could get through it fairly quickly but sad that there was no more to read. I think I have some time this afternoon to work on the site, so hopefully I'll be able to add you to my links page as well!
Last edited by Miruku on Wed May 09, 2007 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Miruku
Regular Poster

Postby Geekblather on Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:37 pm

Yeah, although, it's mostly a physical similarity (it's the hair) I think Will is probably a lot nicer than Rae. (Yeah, you spelled it right.)

It's about fluff, angst, drama, comedy, gaming. Come play in our world.
Geekblather
Regular Poster

Postby Miruku on Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:16 pm

I haven't seen very much of Rae yet, so I can't tell. Actually, I think he's my favorite of your characters so far. Will has also gotten a lot nicer than he was intended to be in the beginning (oops).

But the hair is definitely the key.
Miruku
Regular Poster

Postby Miruku on Sun Mar 18, 2007 4:39 pm

So, I went to 'the Thing' and it was awesome and I bought lots of cool stuff and met lots of cool people and I wish these kinds of things were everywhere and happened every weekend, except for the part where I'd end up with less money...and now I'm thouroughly convinced that I will be getting a table at artist's alley at Metrocon and AWA this year.

Perhaps I will go more into detail, but right now I'm going to see if I can finally get some work done on the site. So...stories to come?
Yes.
Miruku
Regular Poster

Return to Emma