Daily Strip Discussion

PatchworkEveryone's a hero in their own forums. And in their favorite forums. Alright, fine, maybe just in this forum. Shush.

Postby Tinkerbell on Tue Feb 06, 2007 1:32 am

Ooooo! Backstory hints! I wonder who/what Optica is? :P

Tink

Siress Commander Tinkerbell Nickmaker, the Pokingfu Knight, of the Order of Tinkinators!

... much ph34¬
Tinkerbell
Regular Poster

Postby Juron Pilo on Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:32 am

Doctor Ecchs: Human plot device.
Juron Pilo
Regular Poster

Postby ArkKMS on Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:32 pm

Looks like the building is covered in that antireality bubble stuff. Ecchs is planning somethign rather big. Then again, wiht lucky around, things can go rather bad for him.
I don't know why people trust me. I don't think they should.
ArkKMS
Regular Poster

Postby Tinkerbell on Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:49 am

The tower has turned green. This, I feel, is a bad thing.

However, didn't the green effect-y stuff prevent the effects of the reality bubble device? So isn't Ecchs protecting his tower, rather than making an offensive move? (Of course, one has to wonder what he's protecting it against; can the bubble device work from within a protection field? Or is it elsewhere?)

Tink

Siress Commander Tinkerbell Nickmaker, the Pokingfu Knight, of the Order of Tinkinators!

... much ph34¬
Tinkerbell
Regular Poster

Postby Juron Pilo on Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:52 am

Random thoughts:
It could just be some sort of all purpose shield.
Theres a beam, maybe its just some sort of signal.
It could be the result of magic.
It could be an attack on Dr. Ecchs and not a result of something he's doing.
Y'know, it vaugly resembles some sort of device and a plug.
Juron Pilo
Regular Poster

Postby Tinkerbell on Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:22 am

Well, at least now we know it's an Ecchs plot...

Tink

... much ph34¬
Tinkerbell
Regular Poster

Postby Juron Pilo on Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:56 am

True, but apparently it was a signal(beacon).
Juron Pilo
Regular Poster

Postby Tinkerbell on Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:16 am

'was' being the operative word, I feel...

*cheers Jim*

Tink

... much ph34¬
Tinkerbell
Regular Poster

Postby Juron Pilo on Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:42 am

Timebender apparently meant exactly what she said, it was over before it started :lol:.

edit: I feel the need to point out that Dr. Ecchs could make a machine that can manipulate reality. If he sucked it up and got some outside funding he could probably create a powerful enough machine to alter the entire world. I mean, who wouldn't be interested in that?

edit2: To put it another way, it seems that the only thing holding Dr. Ecchs back as a character is his commitment to the villain code. The only reason he's undervalued as a villain is because he's a villain. He wouldn't dare depend on a larger organization without intending to betray them/etc. In reality, he really is just as smart as he claims, and very capable. He just wants to do it all himself, and he just needs some muscle and the sense to use his machines first. On the other hand, his machines might count as psuedotech and be blockable by people like lockdown, so meh.
Juron Pilo
Regular Poster

Postby Kasaii on Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:51 am

Most of the stuff that Dr. Ecchs builds is classified as pseudotech, yep. That's pretty much his only super-power; he builds pseudotech.

The only thing that holds Dr. Ecchs back, most of the time, is that he's a bit of a hobbyist. His 'job' is running a multinational company that makes billions of dollars. Most of those dollars then get spent on his villainy.

As far as what he could do with a reality-altering device, well... the story isn't over yet. :twisted:
"Consistancy is the hobgoblin of little minds."
Patchwork Champions. Note to self: You cannot read by laserlight.
Kasaii
Regular Poster

Postby Tinkerbell on Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:48 am

That ray-gun does appear to be in a particularly attractive shade of reality-altering green, rather than the usual red...

Tink

... much ph34¬
Tinkerbell
Regular Poster

Postby Juron Pilo on Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:38 am

Well, I was being nice and calling his adherence to the villain code a matter of honor, rather than relegating it to the triviality of hobby. Its important to follow ones own code, however flawed. Also important to be able to review and revise said code, but meh. Arguably he has the power to circumvent the need to play fair by using reality altering means, and the heroes can't really do ANYTHING to stop him.
Juron Pilo
Regular Poster

Postby ArkKMS on Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:50 am

Boom. Reality gun, right there. most likely to a place of Ecchs design. Which, i will assume, has a way of getting out. Ithink Ecchs would get bored without the PC around/
I don't know why people trust me. I don't think they should.
ArkKMS
Regular Poster

Postby Juron Pilo on Wed Feb 14, 2007 8:38 am

I'm guessing he can only alter so much of reality at a time or something.

Unless we're using some multiple realities thing, but thats condractictory in itself :shifty:

Bleh. Don't make me start knocking around dimensional theories with a baseball bat.
Juron Pilo
Regular Poster

Postby Tinkerbell on Thu Feb 15, 2007 2:09 am

Hmmmm, a late night swim? God bless Lucky's powers...

Tink

... much ph34¬
Tinkerbell
Regular Poster

Postby Juron Pilo on Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:09 am

Exactly what I was thinking. Presumably he just destroyed something Ecchs needs.
Juron Pilo
Regular Poster

Postby Tinkerbell on Fri Feb 16, 2007 2:19 am

I don't know if he's that lucky. Ecchs seems to have succeeded in turning his tower into a Gothic fortress of some kind...

With what vaguely reminds me of Friv's face poking out the side... ?

Tink

... much ph34¬
Tinkerbell
Regular Poster

Postby Juron Pilo on Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:48 pm

I think it was a portal.

I also think Ecchs created a reality/existance/whatever. A seperate but equally real place.
Juron Pilo
Regular Poster

Postby Registered111 on Sat Feb 17, 2007 4:02 pm

Hmm, that junk they fell into looked like... "Chronarium," was it? That stuff Ecchs used to locally block the reality alteration. Maybe that stuff absorbs the uh, "R.A. waves," and so, by falling into a vat of it, exposed Lucky and Mayfly to the stored effect, causing them to be transported.

It is odd that there'd be a container of the stuff conveniently parked in exactly the same point on Earth in another dimension; then again, assuming infinite alternate dimensions, one could just as easily argue that there couldn't help but be an infinite amount of parallel Earths with a bucket of reality altering good on that exact spot.

Oh, and that face on the skyscraper is Timebender. I suppose we might be hearing more about the "Bane" thing, soon. Maybe.
Registered111

Postby Juron Pilo on Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:12 am

Okay, cool.

Lucky's interpretation works too... assuming some sort of 5th container dimension-_-'

Of course we were allready probably assuming that. And you thought time travel was confusing!
Juron Pilo
Regular Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Patchwork Heroes