UH2 Hiatus: January 26 - March 30

Postby Allan_ecker on Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:00 pm

Actually I quit U0 'cause UH2 walked up and bit me on the ass.

However the strips immediately following it do show that I was aware some things were going awry. They have since been more or less corrected and you all should expect to see some Unit Zero-like comics before the close of the year...

:twisted:
<A HREF="http://umlauthouse.comicgenesis.com" TARGET=_blank>UH2: The Mayhem of a New Generation</A>

"Death and taxes are unsolved engineering problems."
--Romano Machado
Allan_ecker
Cartoon Hero

Postby E_voyager on Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:31 am

i think i get it. he loves his fans and what them to really enjoy his main comic while there are just to keep us form going stir crazy. still for some it's far to late. Image
the darkness is ever present even in the light.

the perversion doesn't stop just because the sun comes up

if i can make people think and consider their lives even for a moment each day then my life has just that much more meaning

one of the hardest skills i seek to master is the skill of knowing when to shut up
Check out the test to find out who you are!
E_voyager
Regular Poster

Postby Patchwork cat on Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:12 am

Cyril_Dran wrote:I think I can come up with an even simpler answer, at that. The reason Allan doesn't crank out UH2 in chicken scratch, is because that's not the level of quality Allan wants in his comic. It's the same reason he stopped U0.

Well, if I can quote myself- why do you think I said ' Besides all the obvious answers' ? Although I must say there is a certain charm to Alan's 'chickenscratch' (Sounds like a font) :) UH2 is always beautifully appreciable.
Patchwork cat
Regular Poster

Postby Allan_ecker on Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:34 am

Friday's update will be a bit closer to what'd happen if I switched to all-digital production; there's about 90 minutes of effort in it (tuesday's update by contrast was less than 40!) and it's not colored (may do this later) but it's got most of what you'd get if I went this route: clean perspective effects, competant anatomy, and fairly careful application of line.

At least one of these hiatus updates has already taken two hours all to itself! I'm definitely finding was to "use up" the time gained by switching to all-digital and if things prgress as they seem to be, UH2 will probably continue either semi-all-digital (only pencils scanned, all ink and paint on PC) or all-digital, like tomorrow's update.

But basically if it ever looks worse than doing it with the brush I'll probably go back. Or at least I'll try. Brushes are a pain in the ARSE.
<A HREF="http://umlauthouse.comicgenesis.com" TARGET=_blank>UH2: The Mayhem of a New Generation</A>

"Death and taxes are unsolved engineering problems."
--Romano Machado
Allan_ecker
Cartoon Hero

Previous

Return to Umlaut House