Cal's Changed

The_Fox
Regular Poster

Cal's Changed

Post by The_Fox »

It's interesting watching how some characters evolve. Cal was once so nervous, and easily put off his balance. Here, he seems calm, collected and totally in control...even when dealing with a robotic gigolo...er...mad scientist. I guess once he started standing up for himself it really changed his personality for the better. (Not that he wasn't cute when he wasn't freaking out before.)

And his research? What research prey tell?

- Jarylan
"What the?! Where did you get THAT?!"
"Creative aquisition."

GreatLimmick
Regular Poster

Post by GreatLimmick »

What I want to know is what "sort of thing" Cal thinks ASCII is doing, and how it involves the twins.

The_Fox
Regular Poster

Post by The_Fox »

My guess is the twins told their father about the gestalt experiement, and Calvin's hardware (eye-fi and the monocle...advanced eye-fi maybe?) have identified ASCII as non-biological. At this point, especially if the twins gave the account in detail, or had some recording of it, he is pretty sure of who ASCII is, all jokes aside. From there, it is a simple jump of logic to assume that the perpetrator is here to either apologize or give an explanation. Or maybe something else, but that will be seen.

Edit: Then again, ASCII mentioned this being about Calvin's work specifically.

- Jarylan
"Creative aquisition."

Allan_ecker
Cartoon Hero

Post by Allan_ecker »

At this point I'm just grateful nobody noticed Cal's shirt changing color.

:shifty:
<A HREF="http://umlauthouse.comicgenesis.com" TARGET=_blank>UH2: The Mayhem of a New Generation</A>

"Death and taxes are unsolved engineering problems."
--Romano Machado

GreatLimmick
Regular Poster

Post by GreatLimmick »

It had a color? :o

Allan_ecker
Cartoon Hero

Post by Allan_ecker »

Only in that it used to be white.

I started the "ASCII Busts Out" arc with him in a dark outfit to symbolically putting a "black hat" on him, but then I forgot to color it in for the first comic where we see him again, then remembered it this time, then decided to go in and quietly re-color the previous comic to sew up the continuity. Honestly I was half expecting one of you to call me on it.

:roll:
<A HREF="http://umlauthouse.comicgenesis.com" TARGET=_blank>UH2: The Mayhem of a New Generation</A>

--Romano Machado

GreatLimmick
Regular Poster

Post by GreatLimmick »

How can you half-expect something?

The_Fox
Regular Poster

Post by The_Fox »

allan_ecker wrote:At this point I'm just grateful nobody noticed Cal's shirt changing color.

:shifty:
I found out why. Calvin's shirt did not change color. ASCII's did, but that was not over the course of a single comic strip, and thus might be harder to notice, and if it happened between story arcs or even seemed to, it could just be "wardrobe change".

- Jarylan "Is Cal looking more fit to anyone else?"
"Creative aquisition."

Allan_ecker
Cartoon Hero

Post by Allan_ecker »

Whoop! TYPO

--Romano Machado

Tetramorpheus
Regular Poster

Post by Tetramorpheus »

What? Posts on topics I actually can comment on? Wow...
::basks::

Cal does seem different, and for some reason this causes me to recall a few different things...

1. The comment of Saundra having "A few little rampages" in her history, making me wonder just what might have happened to Cal in the interim (given also his comment about having been doing this 'a lot longer than you' to ASCII) I think its safe to guess (this may be obvious) that he is at least borderline nefarious, if not outright "mad"

2. It reminds me of the twins mental link, given how Gauss seems unphased by the Gestalt experiment.