Humans might get the wrong idea from Quentyn

Humans might get the wrong idea from Quentyn

Postby MikeVanPelt on Tue Dec 12, 2006 1:15 am

It's occurred to me that Quentyn, as one of the least capable lux-users, might give humans an incorrect idea about Rac Conan capabilities.

I'm thinking of the Echo's Children song "The Least of My Kind, about a werewolf who the humans finally defeated at ruinous cost. Some of the werewolf's dying words, as he explains that he was a very small, weak werewolf, were

Look on the damage done
Here by a single one;
What do you think a full pack will do?

Quentyn's mission is a triumph of the Free Trade Faction. Failure of his mission by human malice might easily sway things into the Expansionists' camp.

When the Rac Conans were hounded across Aerith, they were quite a bit less advanced than they are now.

And they didn't have a luxfont, which greatly multiplies the power levels available to them. I still think, pending correction by Ralph, that they could spool out ley lines into human territory if they wanted to.

How hard is it to make a luxfont?
MikeVanPelt
Regular Poster

Postby Axelgear on Tue Dec 12, 2006 1:25 am

This is a good point...

But all I can think of now is making a Werewolf character for D&D...
Astronomer. Sketch Artist. All-around generally creative and useless guy.
Axelgear
Regular Poster

Re: Humans might get the wrong idea from Quentyn

Postby TMLutas on Tue Dec 12, 2006 12:12 pm

MikeVanPelt wrote:It's occurred to me that Quentyn, as one of the least capable lux-users, might give humans an incorrect idea about Rac Conan capabilities.

I'm thinking of the Echo's Children song "The Least of My Kind, about a werewolf who the humans finally defeated at ruinous cost. Some of the werewolf's dying words, as he explains that he was a very small, weak werewolf, were

Look on the damage done
Here by a single one;
What do you think a full pack will do?

Quentyn's mission is a triumph of the Free Trade Faction. Failure of his mission by human malice might easily sway things into the Expansionists' camp.

When the Rac Conans were hounded across Aerith, they were quite a bit less advanced than they are now.

And they didn't have a luxfont, which greatly multiplies the power levels available to them. I still think, pending correction by Ralph, that they could spool out ley lines into human territory if they wanted to.

How hard is it to make a luxfont?

I don't think it's a question of how hard it is to make a luxfont but rather how many humans would it take to overwhelm a luxfont fed rac conan defensive position? I would guess that it might be a multi-year siege and you'd have to have a ridiculously large number of humans doing it but it could be done. First of all, one would need to damn the water source that was powering the lux font...
TMLutas
Regular Poster

Postby Deckard Canine on Wed Dec 13, 2006 7:30 am

Um, I think you mean "dam the water source."
Deckard Canine
Regular Poster

Postby Tom Mazanec on Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:32 am

I don't know about that. The Racconans have a whole museum devoted to individuals and armies who tried to attack a luxfont fed society.
Forum Mongoose
Tom Mazanec
Regular Poster

Postby TMLutas on Thu Dec 14, 2006 3:23 am

Tom Mazanec wrote:I don't know about that. The Racconans have a whole museum devoted to individuals and armies who tried to attack a luxfont fed society.

And there are plenty of exhibits in museums documenting failed sieges. That doesn't mean that they couldn't succeed as well and the racconans would know it.
TMLutas
Regular Poster

Return to NPC