...persecution? Round 2.

...persecution? Round 2.

Postby GreyBlade on Sun Dec 10, 2006 8:02 pm

Greyblade

Now then, back to _my_ point, I'm not saying a word against you for having complaints about abrasion in your religeon's general direction. I'm saying we all deal with it. I don't think we should have to.

what I am saying is that your focus and statement is very narrow. too narrow, in my opinion, to be effective, to even scrape the fact that _Everyone_ seems to have a problem dealing with others that are "outside their scope".

It's like you've just been shot in the arm, and you're trying to get the bloodstains out of your shirt. Don't you think there are bigger issues at hand?

RHJunior

So basically you admit that every single incident listed in the comic is real, has happened, and is ongoing.

But in spite of the fact that, were these things to happen to any other group, they would be called persecution....

It doesn't count if you do it to Christians.

THREAD LOCKED

Oh dear. it seems like you nudged the "lock thread" button when you pushed the "Post" button. You _really_ should move that button somewhere else, you seem to do it a lot when you have to deal with people who offer alternative viewpoints.

Well, we can remedy that.

I'd love to know what I've said to make you think that anything you're up in arms about isn't persecution. Really, I would. Because I don't see it. In fact, I hardly see where I'm disagreeing with you at all.

Save for my point, that I'll make a third and final time:

The hateful and malicious things being done to christians these days have been, are being, and will continue to be done to many more people of all walks of life. If you as a political artist want to change that, you're going to have to broaden your view, and address the fact that persecution _does_ happen everywhere.

Now, to be serious:

You've had this nasty habit about locking posts that you can't dismiss with the wave of a hand and a noncommittal blanket statement, for a loooong time. You did it years ago when you and I got into a 'discussion' about sexual orientation, and you couldn't muster more than a weak "It undermines everything good and proper about the world, you evil little man".
It had been my hope that time wou've seen you grow a little wiser. I guess it has, in a way; you managed...what was that, two, three posts that assumed a lot I wasn't saying?
Or maybe you're starting to develop a resistance against people who aren't passive enough to stop arguing after the first dismissal.

In the end, I guess the only thing of true importance or relevance I have to say, is that I hope you learn this kind of weak coping mechanism you've developed isn't going to work when it really matters.

In the meantime, I feel very sorry for you.
Homophobia: The irrational fear that gays will invade and re-arrange your furniture against your will.
GreyBlade

Postby TMLutas on Sun Dec 10, 2006 8:47 pm

greyblade - Taunting may make you feel better but whatever point you might legitimately be trying to make is getting lost in the snark. The truth is that all minority religions avail themselves of the victim card. Equality under the law would seem to mean that christians are just as entitled when they get the short end of the stick. Do you deny it?
TMLutas
Regular Poster

Postby BrockthePaine on Sun Dec 10, 2006 8:50 pm

*Laughs*

...I think it's time for this to stop, it's just getting ridiculous.
It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men. - attributed to Samuel Adams

“To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.” - Richard Henry Lee
BrockthePaine
Cartoon Hero

Postby StrangeWulf13 on Sun Dec 10, 2006 8:56 pm

Shit happens to Christians. Now shut up, get over it, and let us get back to ignoring it.

Does anyone else get the feeling this is what the whole argument boils down to?
I'm lost. I've gone to find myself. If I should return before I get back, please ask me to wait. Thanks.
StrangeWulf13
Cartoon Hero

Postby RHJunior on Sun Dec 10, 2006 8:57 pm

Yep. pretty much.
"What was that popping noise ?"
"A paradigm shifting without a clutch."
--Dilbert
RHJunior
Cartoon Hero

Return to NPC