KleenSpace(All-Ages dropdown)

For sign-ups for genre-related dropdowns and to discuss and organise crossover events.
Perk_daddy
Regular Poster

KleenSpace(All-Ages dropdown)

Post by Perk_daddy »

I'm not planning on starting anything just yet, but I'm interested in knowing if there are enough of you out there that would generate enough interest for an All-Ages dropdown. Pretty much a G/PG-rated list of stuff you wouldn't mind your 7-year-old looking at, but adults would like, too. (Think Wizard of Oz, The Incredibles, or Harry Potter, as opposed to kids-only crap like Barney or Teletubbies). Doesn't have to be a specific genre or format, just good stuff that anyone can enjoy without worrying about inappropriate content.

If you're out there, let me know. Any suggestions for a good name for the dropdown are welcome, too.
Last edited by Perk_daddy on Thu Oct 19, 2006 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

Swikan
Regular Poster

Post by Swikan »

I'd love to be included in this.

Perk_daddy
Regular Poster

Post by Perk_daddy »

Life's a Witch would be an excellent inclusion! Maybe this dropdown isn't too far-fetched an idea...
ImageImage

Swikan
Regular Poster

Post by Swikan »

There are actually a lot of fun comics I read on CG that could fit into such a drop down. Unfortunately, these folks don't hang out in the forums very often.

I am thinking the cartoonists who might be interested would be Dutch for School Spirit (think his tagboard is messing up at the moment), Joe Kandra for One Small Step, Brigid at Mary Quite Contrary, John at Sandusky and possibly Sydney from Quazar451.

Except for Schook Spirit, these comics are as new as mine. The cartoonists might appreciate a little boost in readership.

Quazar451

Post by Quazar451 »

Sure, I would be interested... I would even put it on my comic page, if someone could direct me to the HTML..... :P "Dammit Jim, I'm an artist, not a webmaster!"

Pillywiggin
The Establishment (Moderator)

Post by Pillywiggin »

KleenSpace is a PG rated dropdown. Warren hasn't been around since July, but you might want to try giving it a shot anyway.
Image Image Image

Perk_daddy
Regular Poster

Post by Perk_daddy »

Hmm...Kleenspace is comprised of 29 comics, only 7 of which have updated in the last 6 months (most of them haven't updated in 2-3 years!), 8 of them no longer exist, and about 3 of them even have the dropdown on their sites.

Kleenspace needs to get Kleened up. I'm all for starting from scratch.
ImageImage

Enedlammeniel
Regular Poster

Post by Enedlammeniel »

Ooh! I'd like to be included. :D

Perk_daddy
Regular Poster

Post by Perk_daddy »

Holy crap in a hat, Enedlammeniel, I've never seen a comic with ADD before! :) Tile would be fun to have in the group.

I'm willing to handle getting everything together; I'll need help with the code and stuff, though. Also, if people could take Swikan's lead and suggest some comics whose creators I could ask to join, it'd be appreciated. Even better, if you know the creator yourself, you could direct them to this thread.

Hopefully this is something that'll work.
ImageImage

Enedlammeniel
Regular Poster

Post by Enedlammeniel »

Haha! Yeah, Tile does have a rather short attention span...

Phact0rri

Post by Phact0rri »

perk_daddy wrote:Hmm...Kleenspace is comprised of 29 comics, only 7 of which have updated in the last 6 months (most of them haven't updated in 2-3 years!), 8 of them no longer exist, and about 3 of them even have the dropdown on their sites.

Kleenspace needs to get Kleened up. I'm all for starting from scratch.
Kleepspace has not shown indications that it is dead. Dead means they will not add new members. Therefore, you can't start a new official dropdown from scratch, with the same exact set up as one that already exists. if you want to help clean it up, contact Warren.
<KittyKatBlack> You look deranged. But I mean that in the nicest way possible. ^_^;

Perk_daddy
Regular Poster

Post by Perk_daddy »

So that's how it is, eh? Sorry, I didn't know there could only be one dropdown of the same type.

I pm'd Warren, so hopefully something will start happening.
ImageImage

Phact0rri

Post by Phact0rri »

perk_daddy wrote:So that's how it is, eh? Sorry, I didn't know there could only be one dropdown of the same type.

I pm'd Warren, so hopefully something will start happening.
yeah, its just to confusing if there are multiples. Dropdowns are designed so that people can find comics that are like one another, think of them as genre listings for Comic genesis and you get the idea. the moderators are basically people who cordinate the genre lists.
<KittyKatBlack> You look deranged. But I mean that in the nicest way possible. ^_^;

Perk_daddy
Regular Poster

Post by Perk_daddy »

Okay, Marshall is willing to let me handle KleenSpace. As soon as I get more info I'll get 'er revamped. Please continue to post here if you'd like to be involved!

Reiterating the rules:
1. No nudity / sexual situations
2. Language should be "PG" rated at worst. A rare "hell" or "damn" is tolerated, but don't drop the f-bomb.
3. Update at least once a week
4. Display the dropdown on your front page (preferred), or your links page.
ImageImage

Dragonkingdoms
Regular Poster

Post by Dragonkingdoms »

Yes, I'd like to be included.
Dragon Kingdoms

Sandusky
Regular Poster

Post by Sandusky »

Sorry it took me so long to respond to this. I don't visit often enough. Regardless, I'd be happy to be included. I'm always looking for more visitors! :)

Perk_daddy
Regular Poster

Post by Perk_daddy »

I'll definitely add you two to the list once I get around to figuring out what I'm doing. Thanks!
ImageImage

Perk_daddy
Regular Poster

Post by Perk_daddy »

Just an update. This'll be ready to go at the start of '07. Anyone else who wants to be on it, please post!
ImageImage

Jkandra
Regular Poster

KleenSpace

Post by Jkandra »

I'll follow Swikan's suggestion and sign on.

Joe

Perk_daddy
Regular Poster

Post by Perk_daddy »

Sweet! I LOVE One Small Step!
ImageImage