Comic Collective, Consortium, Collaberation, blah blah etc

To discuss the comic, make announcements, and have it serve as a medium for the speculation, commentary, fanart, and conversation that goes along with it.
Lando
Regular Poster

Comic Collective, Consortium, Collaberation, blah blah etc

Post by Lando »

Ok first things first. We have a motion from Shishio to become a collective of sorts who's in? Also we need a name as well. So if anybody has any ideas lay em out. I don't believe we need a leader or anything I think it'll be just fine as a true democracy. This is kinda what I was planning for the future anyway so I guess there's no time like the present. Totally brainstorming here for names I came up with:

BastArt Comics (don't ask and I promise I won't tell) Shit someone has that one too

Hive Mind Comics (you know because we're a collective... get it?) available

Fuck our Yankee Bluejeans (sorry I watched Clerks last night)

Broken Press Comics (Seeing how Nick and I are always late) Available also should get bpcomics for short hand linking

The Daily Llama (heh that one is kinda funny if you get the pun) whoops monty python has that

so there you go. let the carnage begin!!
Lando

"My spelling and grammar come with a disclaimer."

www.back2roxboro.com

Shishio
Regular Poster

Post by Shishio »

Why not just use East Coast Mafia?
One-liners: Come for the laughs, stay for the abuse.

KLSanchez
Regular Poster

Post by KLSanchez »

The GLOBAL COMIC MAFIA!

WE'S TAKIN' OVA'!

Or East Coast Mafia, since the whole thing more or less started with Lando and Nick. ;)
I'm rich, biatch!

Gulf Coast chapter, bitches.

Lando
Regular Poster

Post by Lando »

but... the ideas... nothing? I mean I can think of stuff for the Mafia thing but I didn't want to just leave it as that without an open discussion.
Lando

www.back2roxboro.com

KLSanchez
Regular Poster

Post by KLSanchez »

Well... who doesn't wanna be a Godfather? ^_-

I got nothin' anyway. Besides, I don't believe there's a mafia anything as far as webcomic rings go.
I'm rich, biatch!

Shishio
Regular Poster

Post by Shishio »

Sorry, I never was any good at brainstorming.

KLSanchez
Regular Poster

Post by KLSanchez »

Rofl, why do I have an "I'm Special!" tag over my avatar? XD

I mean, I know I have an IQ of negative thirty, but what...?

Edit: well, it was there, but now it's not... I don't feel so special anymore. :'(
I'm rich, biatch!

Tenma
Regular Poster

Post by Tenma »

We all had them. I took a look in the main forums and could only find a few who didn't. Weird.

[Updates Mondays and Thursdays]

Lando
Regular Poster

Post by Lando »

OK so between all of us Kev, Phil (since he hasn't weighed in yet) Shishio, and Nick.
Vote

East coast Mafia (or something if the like)

Broken Press Comics

I vote Broken Press I don't know exactly why it just seems to fit us as a collection of misfits and fun being our drive and ambition.
Lando

www.back2roxboro.com

Shishio
Regular Poster

Post by Shishio »

Out of the two, I have to go with East Coast Mafia.

Tenma
Regular Poster

Post by Tenma »

I think we should brainstorm a few more titles. But out of the two I'd go with Broken Press, since it vaguely has something to do with comics.

I must confess I'm sitting on a good name for a consortium (Wandering Mongrel Comics,) but I've been saving that one for when I have my shit more officially together. I even have a logo devised.

KLSanchez
Regular Poster

Vote Mafia

Post by KLSanchez »

I've always wanted to be a Godfather... :twisted:
I'm rich, biatch!

Zero_Hawk
Regular Poster

Post by Zero_Hawk »

I vote for Broken Press. Heh, sorry about being late, Kev only just brought this to my attention, and i'm clearly lazy about checking forums.
Steve and Mac forum
<Zero_Hawk> Grimace vs that Robot from T2
<Zero_Hawk> The one that regenerates
<MoogleGenocide[Bork]> Grimace couldn't lose.
<MoogleGenocide[Bork]> But he couldn't win
<malevolence> Grimace can breathe fire
<malevolence> he'd melt the robot
<MoogleGenocide[Bork]> Because he has no offensive capability
<MoogleGenocide[Bork]> He's like the Thwomp from Mario Party
<Zero_Hawk> The robot would regenerate
<Muddbogginredneck> you all need a life
<Zero_Hawk> You need to stop sleeping with your cousin.
<Muddbogginredneck> no

Lando
Regular Poster

Post by Lando »

Hmm I Like the Wandering Mongrel as well... Well it seems we have a bit of a tie here.. anymore ideas? Also those in favor of their respective names make a logo. seems Nick is one step ahead of us in that dept. Also no Idea is a bad idea, no matter how crazy even if you whack out a crazy name it may spark an idea in someone else. (notice i came up with Broken Press after fuck your yankee blue jeans) I'm trying to bang together an extra Halloween filler but I'll get on a logo after that.
Lando

www.back2roxboro.com

KLSanchez
Regular Poster

Post by KLSanchez »

Brainfuck Comix
I'm rich, biatch!

Tenma
Regular Poster

Post by Tenma »

Here's a few others I came up with. I would be cool with any of these, but admittedly some of them sound cocky.

Sensory Burn Comics

Abhorrent Greatness

The Axis of Indecency

Intravenous Comics

Pixel Mercenaries

Silicon Playwrights

Comiquistadores

Lando
Regular Poster

Post by Lando »

Thought I'd add some tag lines and bring some new ideas to teh table.

Sensory Burn Comics (-)
My eyes my beautiful eyes!

Aberrant? Greatness (+)
We're square pegs, bring on the round holes!

The Axis of Indecency (-)
We're the guys your mom warned you about.

Intravenous Comics (+)
Visual crack follows, you know you can't resist.

Pixel Mercenaries (+)
Unstable artists for hire, cheap... real cheap.

Silicon Playwrights (-)
No we don't make fake boobs, we just entertain them.

Comiquistadores (+)
We claim this webspace for Spain!

Broken Press Comics (+)
We just can't have nice things.

East Coast Mafia (+)
If we draw these comics for you, we may ask a favor of you one day.

Brainfuck Comix (-)
Take it all beeotch! TAKE IT ALL!

Missing Underwear Comics (-)
Damn those underwear gnomes!

Naked Hamster Comics (+)
Easy on the colon.

Ecchi Baka (Naughty Idiots) (-)
We draw breasts... do you need to know more?

Well there you go some more things to ponder. I guess we need to ask ourselves this. I think it is funny but would the average person get it? No doubt some of these are nasty but just think would your mom get it? oh the +/- thing is just my thought on whether or not the average person wold get it and or not be offended by it (not that it matters) but just the way I think about things.
Lando

www.back2roxboro.com

Tenma
Regular Poster

Post by Tenma »

Silicon = High-tech, computer related stuff. Silicone = Breast implants. I guess you better keep that "-" there. :-)

"Abhorrent" (meaning 'loathsome') is more of a contradiction with "Greatness," which is what I was going for with that one, but "Aberrant" is always a useful word too.

Have to disagree with your "-" ratings on Sensory Burn, Brainfuck Comix, and The Axis of Indecency. What's there not to understand? I do agree that Brainfuck is probably too offensive to use as a name, though.

The more I think about it, the more I want to go with Intravenous Comics. I'm surprised no one's thought of that name yet -- it's a great metaphor for the more immediate delivery of the webcomic medium versus regular print comics.

We could use the slogan "Your Daily (Webcomic) Injection" and set our schedules up so that there was a new comic from at least one out of the group every day (or at least Monday through Friday.) For the main page we could have a banner at the top with a horizontal hypodermic needle filled with headshots of our main characters, and the Navigation section could be an IV bag.

KLSanchez
Regular Poster

Post by KLSanchez »

After all this reparteé I'm glad me and Philip (rather, I) stumbled across SS Comix for our little projects. -_^
I'm rich, biatch!

Lando
Regular Poster

Post by Lando »

Tenma wrote:Silicon = High-tech, computer related stuff. Silicone = Breast implants. I guess you better keep that "-" there. :-)

"Abhorrent" (meaning 'loathsome') is more of a contradiction with "Greatness," which is what I was going for with that one, but "Aberrant" is always a useful word too.

Have to disagree with your "-" ratings on Sensory Burn, Brainfuck Comix, and The Axis of Indecency. What's there not to understand? I do agree that Brainfuck is probably too offensive to use as a name, though.

The more I think about it, the more I want to go with Intravenous Comics. I'm surprised no one's thought of that name yet -- it's a great metaphor for the more immediate delivery of the webcomic medium versus regular print comics.

We could use the slogan "Your Daily (Webcomic) Injection" and set our schedules up so that there was a new comic from at least one out of the group every day (or at least Monday through Friday.) For the main page we could have a banner at the top with a horizontal hypodermic needle filled with headshots of our main characters, and the Navigation section could be an IV bag.
The other two were possible turn offs. Not by me per se' but thinking like the general public (it ain't that hard, they are idots afterall) sensory burn and axis of indecency just sound negative, cool as far as I'm concerned but negative none the less.

google dictionary needs updating or i mispelled it when I typed the A word I used the other one cuz it was hte first hit.

I agree Intravenous sounds pretty cool we could even have a special collaberation everynow and again called The Weekend Fix.

Stepping back I wonder if Blank Label and Cornstalker went through this. It's real hard to agree on something when everyone is so creative :)

Oh and the silicon thing I totally knew... no really... I did... oh who the fuck am I kidding I totally messed that one up :P Oh does anybody remember the one that that DND with Satan guy is a part of from webcomic battle? i'd look but i'm too tired from being silent bob tonight for Halloween.
Lando

www.back2roxboro.com