October 10

Kerry Skydancer
Cartoon Hero

Post by Kerry Skydancer »

And now we'll never know for sure. There's been a few times where we either guessed what was coming up, or gave him ideas... but which? 8-)
Skydancer

Ignorance is not a point of view.

Hallan
Regular Poster

Post by Hallan »

I waited five days in hopes that the pun in my head regarding this page would shut up and go away... it hasn't, so I guess you guys get it.

Does this mean that Ookami Lobo 'bogart'ed all the boggarts?

Hallan

DracoDei
Regular Poster

Post by DracoDei »

In the spirit of these forums I encourage you NOT to resist next time... that was a quite reasonable one.

Bruce Bergman
Regular Poster

Post by Bruce Bergman »

Kerry Skydancer wrote:And now we'll never know for sure. There's been a few times where we either guessed what was coming up, or gave him ideas... but which? 8-)
All depends on whether the stuff we came up with was better than what he had. "The world may never know..." - unless RH admits it.

Great comedy writing is usually a collaborative effort to some extent. You have to bounce it off others before you try it on the stage, on the screen, on the air - and it bombs. Sounded funny to YOU, but sometimes the audience disagrees.

--<< Bruce >>--

BrockthePaine
Cartoon Hero

Post by BrockthePaine »

Sometimes the best humour is not even intended to be funny. One time I was conned into giving a viola/violin concert with my sister, and she announced a bit of the music, and I would make a comment on it... Afterwards a bunch of people saying "I never knew you could be so funny!" and I'm like... huh? What did I say that was funny? I don't even remember what I said, but I must have been rather snarky...
It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men. - attributed to Samuel Adams

“To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.” - Richard Henry Lee

Capnregex
Regular Poster

Post by Capnregex »

BrockthePaine wrote:I don't even remember what I said, but I must have been rather snarky...
That's what recording devices are for.

Manta
Regular Poster

Post by Manta »

DracoDei wrote:And the parts about the frat house and the pizza with funky mushrooms fit,
I may have been at that party...

Sharuuk! You remember that party at Cindys' place? Oh wait, of course you don't... you were there. :oops:
Don't make a donation, make a difference! Help fight Cancer with your PC! GRID.ORG
What some people call "High Explosive", I refer to as an "Event Initiator".

Squeaky Bunny
Cartoon Hero

Post by Squeaky Bunny »

Manta wrote:
DracoDei wrote:And the parts about the frat house and the pizza with funky mushrooms fit,
I may have been at that party...

Sharuuk! You remember that party at Cindys' place? Oh wait, of course you don't... you were there. :oops:
You mean that wasn't oregano sprinkled on the pizza?!?
Honesty is the best policy, but insanity is a better defence. :shucks:

Sharuuk
Cartoon Hero

Post by Sharuuk »

It wasn't oregano on the pizza nor in the humidor......coupled with Lord knows how many varieties of booze, music, Dan doing his fire breathing gag etc......what I can remember :-? was a whole lotta fun. :D

And Cindy was a real good sport about it too seeing as how we pretty much invaded her apartment thus introducing her to a completely dereanged segment of "society" for which she was totally unprepared. :o

Şaaruuk
We are NOT surrounded.....this is a "target rich" environment!

Squeaky Bunny
Cartoon Hero

Post by Squeaky Bunny »

Sharuuk wrote:It wasn't oregano on the pizza nor in the humidor......coupled with Lord knows how many varieties of booze, music, Dan doing his fire breathing gag etc......what I can remember :-? was a whole lotta fun. :D

And Cindy was a real good sport about it too seeing as how we pretty much invaded her apartment thus introducing her to a completely dereanged segment of "society" for which she was totally unprepared. :o

Şaaruuk
And everyone sang "Wasn't That A Party"?
Honesty is the best policy, but insanity is a better defence. :shucks:

Manta
Regular Poster

Post by Manta »

Sharuuk wrote:And Cindy was a real good sport about it too seeing as how we pretty much invaded her apartment thus introducing her to a completely dereanged segment of "society" for which she was totally unprepared. :o

Şaaruuk
Yeah... poor girl moved to Wisconsin after that party. :twisted:
Don't make a donation, make a difference! Help fight Cancer with your PC! GRID.ORG

Sharuuk
Cartoon Hero

Post by Sharuuk »

And to think the whole relationship began with a 'biker dude' coming into the store, plunking his bluejeaned, knee length booted, black leather jacketed butt down at the single most expensive keyboard in the place and playing it. And not just playing it....playing it well enough to draw a crowd that blocked the entire doorway to the mall.

You remember those days doncha? :wink:

Cindy was really a sweet lady....very pretty and damned talented on the piano.

Şaaruuk
We are NOT surrounded.....this is a "target rich" environment!

Manta
Regular Poster

Post by Manta »

That place should have paid you commission... they went out of bussiness after you left.