October 10

October 10

Postby The JAM on Tue Oct 10, 2006 6:52 pm

Well, that's a plausible explanation...
The JAM
Cartoon Hero

Postby Greyman on Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:11 pm

Ah so, the Ookami Lobo is now a Bogart Master Gone Mad?

'Kay...
Greyman

Postby Werekitty on Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:23 pm

So we've got a wild mix of Celtic mythology, and Harry Potter.
"When you want something done, you ask a man. When you want it done quietly and without any fuss, you ask a woman."
-Mercedes Lackey

I am the Werekitty. Here me mew.

Hope springs eternal.
It just doesn't land where you want.
Werekitty
Regular Poster

Postby LoneWolf23k on Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:29 pm

Any thematic connections to Tales of the Questors' Bogeymen?
LoneWolf23k
Regular Poster

Postby Shyal_malkes on Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:45 pm

oh boggart! :D
I still say the doctor did it....
Shyal_malkes
Cartoon Hero

Postby Ransom Returns on Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:18 pm

Lol! I was actually suspecting he'd be the most likely to be retconned out of existance :lol:

I suppose he's great for one shot gags, though I tend to find characters based on "random idocy" (Cheese from Foster's, Homsar from Homestarrunner.com) very easy to "overuse" and get old fast, since it's easy to just put different spins on the same joke.
Ransom Returns
Regular Poster

Postby Nick012000 on Wed Oct 11, 2006 2:43 am

So, what happens when Goblins imprint on the mentally ill, RHJunior, given how you've defined the crazy-tulpas as being an entirely seperate species?
Nick012000
Regular Poster

Postby SolidusRaccoon on Wed Oct 11, 2006 2:53 am

I'd buy that for a dollar.
Yes, sir. I agree completely. It takes a well-balanced individual... such as yourself to rule the world. No, sir. No one knows that you were the third one... Solidus. ...What should I do about the woman? Yes sir. I'll keep her under surveillance. Yes. Thank you. Good-bye...... Mr. President.
SolidusRaccoon
Cartoon Hero

Postby The JAM on Wed Oct 11, 2006 6:47 am

Just wondering: does this mean that Humphrey Bogart's name would be the same as Humphrey Boogeyman?
The JAM
Cartoon Hero

Postby Werekitty on Wed Oct 11, 2006 7:06 am

Doubtful. Also, it doesn't have quite the same panache.
"When you want something done, you ask a man. When you want it done quietly and without any fuss, you ask a woman."
-Mercedes Lackey

I am the Werekitty. Here me mew.

Hope springs eternal.
It just doesn't land where you want.
Werekitty
Regular Poster

Postby Jaydub on Wed Oct 11, 2006 4:09 pm

Did we just watch the Boggart give himself a swirly? :lol:
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by."
-- Douglas Adams
Jaydub
Regular Poster

Postby DracoDei on Wed Oct 11, 2006 5:30 pm

Jaydub wrote:Did we just watch the Boggart give himself a swirly? :lol:

That was my first thought at well, but the sound effects are wrong, so I think those are just his teeth (or unreasonable faximilies there-of) and he simply swallowed the top of his own head...
And the parts about the frat house and the pizza with funky mushrooms fit, but I am not so sure about the 'TV land' marathon... most of the thing's gags wouldn't work very well on 'live action' TV prior to the advent of CGI special effects. I suspect a more likely canidate (sp... maybe I am just dog tired) would be a Looney Toons marathon on 'Boomerang'.
DracoDei
Regular Poster

Postby Earl McClaw on Wed Oct 11, 2006 8:13 pm

Mr. "Anything for a Laugh" couldn't be a goblin, or he'd lose his variable architecture.

nick012000 wrote:So, what happens when Goblins imprint on the mentally ill, RHJunior, given how you've defined the crazy-tulpas as being an entirely seperate species?

That's why "mama goblins" are careful about who they nest eggs with.

Speaking of which, is it possible there's an unhatched egg still about, say in Penny's room (meaining the little goth goblin won't be just a cameo)? If so, how long will Penny try to keep the dear thing hidden from her "wierd sister and her stranger brother"?

(And for the record, it was probably Ben's sticking the eggs in a closet - and still in their shipping box - that prompted Sheldon's quip about "accomodations".)

P.S.: Ralph, her's a page that needs a serious updating now:
http://utlt.comicgenesis.com/utlt_cast.html
And the "the Cast" button on the Goblin Hollow home page points to here:
http://utlt.comicgenesis.com/nt_cast.html
Earl McClaw invites you to visit Furryco and the DGL. (Avatar used with permission of Ralph Hayes, Jr.)
Earl McClaw
Regular Poster

Postby SolidusRaccoon on Thu Oct 12, 2006 2:47 am

Just remember it could be worse, at least Ralph doesn't have mutliple versions of the same character.

*glares at Supergirl and Powergirl*
Yes, sir. I agree completely. It takes a well-balanced individual... such as yourself to rule the world. No, sir. No one knows that you were the third one... Solidus. ...What should I do about the woman? Yes sir. I'll keep her under surveillance. Yes. Thank you. Good-bye...... Mr. President.
SolidusRaccoon
Cartoon Hero

Postby Deckard Canine on Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:19 am

The JAM wrote:Just wondering: does this mean that Humphrey Bogart's name would be the same as Humphrey Boogeyman?

"Here's freaking out you, kid."

I, too, momentarily thought that the oozemeister had stuck the upper part of his face in a commode until I realized it was a set of teeth drawn such that we can't tell where one tooth ends and the next begins. And might I say, my sense of humor is immature enough to love this guy.
Deckard Canine
Regular Poster

Postby LoneWolf23k on Thu Oct 12, 2006 3:20 pm

SolidusRaccoon wrote:Just remember it could be worse, at least Ralph doesn't have mutliple versions of the same character.

Well, to be fair, they're from 2 different universes originally..

...'Though why DC got rid of Matrix-Supergirl to replace her with Super-Hilton-Girl, I'll never understand.. :ick:
LoneWolf23k
Regular Poster

Postby SolidusRaccoon on Thu Oct 12, 2006 4:34 pm

LoneWolf23k wrote:
SolidusRaccoon wrote:Just remember it could be worse, at least Ralph doesn't have mutliple versions of the same character.

Well, to be fair, they're from 2 different universes originally..

...'Though why DC got rid of Matrix-Supergirl to replace her with Super-Hilton-Girl, I'll never understand.. :ick:

Yeah, I liked Matrix version a lot ,more, was very original twist on the character.
SolidusRaccoon
Cartoon Hero

Postby Earl McClaw on Fri Oct 13, 2006 3:44 pm

Okay, would anyone care to speculate on how many more "retcon" strips Penny will be narrating? And when/if Penny's gremlin will show up?
Earl McClaw invites you to visit Furryco and the DGL. (Avatar used with permission of Ralph Hayes, Jr.)
Earl McClaw
Regular Poster

Postby Deckard Canine on Sat Oct 14, 2006 11:01 am

I think Penny's gremlin won't be part of the canon. I mean, she hatched during the breaking of the fourth wall. I also doubt she'll reappear during further retcon explanation, if there's even anything more to be retconned, which I also doubt.
Deckard Canine
Regular Poster

Postby Shyal_malkes on Sat Oct 14, 2006 11:07 am

I think the line "if we're both lucky a one time cameo" could have been intentional.

if the plot won't be effected by something that Ralph 'could' do but doesn't know yet what the reaction will be he's got to test it somehow. and in this case how better could he test the idea of her getting one or not.

then again, I could be reading way WAY too much into it.
I still say the doctor did it....
Shyal_malkes
Cartoon Hero

Next

Return to Under the Lemon Tree