Paint Community Round 2

Topics which don't fit comfortably in any of the other forums go here. Spamming is not tolerated.
Forum rules
- Please use the forum attachment system for jam images, or link to the CG site specific to the Jam.
- Mark threads containing nudity in inlined images as NSFW
- Read The rules post for specifics
YarpsDat
Cartoon Hero

Post by YarpsDat »

The rock has collapsed, and the child is protected from the surface.
Yet it grows hungry. The tendrils grow, seeking for heat.
I yearn for magma,the flowing warm basalts,the red glow of the lava pools.

At last, a source is found. Pulsing hot liquid flows through my outstretched tendrils, sending thrills into my interior.

Our plans for the world need to be adjusted. We look to Juffo-Wup for direction, and it provides the pattern- endless expansion with purity of achievement and intolerance of error. The child grows, preparing for the next stage.

In the dark they grow, the deep fire feeds the Children.
Their birth breathes warmth across a cold world.
You are the Non. You must go now, and never return."

"1.Scan in high res 2.tweak with curves,levels or something to clean up the scan (or use channel mixer to remove blue pencil lines) 3.Add colour using a layer set to multiply. 4.Add wordbubbles and text as vector shapes. 5. Merge all layers. 6.resize to the web size. 7. Export/Save for Web" that's all I know about webcomicking.

Ahaugen
Cartoon Hero

Post by Ahaugen »

Image Image Image Image

the timber has been harvested, the boards have been cut, and the framing has been installed ... it's time to start mining!
Read The Times-Picayune
Comic Genesis' daily source for news since 2009

A Lamestream Media Company

MoonMistGuardian
Regular Poster

Post by MoonMistGuardian »

yes and we all shamelessy copy him as well~!

and holy nuts.... I did four panels? Um gonna post them in the next post....
so cold

Dr Legostar
Cartoon Villain

Post by Dr Legostar »

i arrive.
I survey my surroundings.
I release an infant squid into the waters
and implant a cacoon
Then the teraforming begins and my pets grow.
Attachments
paintsim1.PNG
paintsim1.PNG (10.51 KiB) Viewed 2510 times
-D. M. Jeftinija Pharm.D., Ph.D. -- Yes, I've got two doctorates and I'm arrogant about it, what have *you* done with *your* life?
"People who don't care about anything will never understand the people who do." "yeah.. but we won't care."
"Legostar's on the first page of the guide. His opinion is worth more than both of yours."--Yeahduff

Stinkywigfiddle
Cartoon Hero

Post by Stinkywigfiddle »

...updating...

Lego
Previous points: 2
For the update: +3
Total points: 5

ahaugen
For the update: +2
Total points: 4

TheMycon
Previous points: 3
For the update: +1
Total points: 4

Mort
For the update: +3
Total: 6

Robby
For the update: +1
Total points: 3

You're doing fine so far Robby. You can get more points for making furniture, animals, plants, more floors, anything really. You'll need to get rid of the text on your land though.

And don't forget to put your points in the lower right corner.

rkolter: Sorry about that. I misjudged how quickly the land would be taken.
Last edited by Stinkywigfiddle on Fri Oct 06, 2006 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

MoonMistGuardian
Regular Poster

leveled out the earth, enforced the main wall with some braces and began digging... I've added grass seed to the earth to prevent erosion, hopefully some of the grass will regrow. I heard an explosion before... must be my Neighbor Mort... but just now... I heard something else, like a BOOM!
I hope nothing weird happened up there....
construction is going well and I've finished the first lower level, added a permnant ladder to that level and began the 2nd room and the foundations for the house above... I may want to add more rooms to that later on... The grass seems to be doing well... if it grows, I'll think about some trees too!
I'm done! I seen my Nieghbor Mort is finished something that looks like a dome from here... and something happened on the other side!! Half the mountian has fallen over.... I hope no one was hurt... Well, now I can get inside and.... wait a min.... O_O AH~! I have no Door! and my shovel is inside! how am I going to get in..? At least its sunny for now...
O_O HOLY CRAP! where the hell did that storm come from???
so cold

Stinkywigfiddle
Cartoon Hero

I'll go ahead and put Misty's in the update.

Misty
For this update: +4
Total points: 7

Updated
ImageImage

MoonMistGuardian
Regular Poster

XD awesome~ thanks!
so cold

Ahaugen
Cartoon Hero

Post by Ahaugen »

Image Image Image Image

after installing the lift in the shaft, we started digging along the lowest level when we discovered a small vein of copper. futher exploration found the vein only to exist on the left side of the shaft, but was large enough to allow development to continue.

Image Image Image Image

construction on the smelting plant began soon after. the first phase of the plant, the exhaust stack, was followed immediately by the furnace and processing building. Named the Anaconda 2.0 mine and smelter, it is operated by the Haug Copper Mining Compay.
Read The Times-Picayune
Comic Genesis' daily source for news since 2009

A Lamestream Media Company

Killbert-Robby
Cartoon Hero

Post by Killbert-Robby »

Damn, I left my score out by accident. Its 3. I'll add it in the next update.

I finally finished building up my house, got in a sofa and a bed. I also got that pet parrot I always wanted. And apparently I've had a growth spurt :P

JTorch
Regular Poster

Post by JTorch »

rkolter wrote:Well... crud. I missed out.
You can have my #5. It seems I have less time for this than I thought I would.
There's a Civilization on my Fork - Updates Sometimes

Killbert-Robby
Cartoon Hero

Post by Killbert-Robby »

Sat. dish, a palm tree, a cellar, and an underground walk in fridge filled with meat and crates of beer.

*edit* GODDAMN SCORE XD

YarpsDat
Cartoon Hero

Post by YarpsDat »

A birthing node is created, two lava flows warm the room.

Buds are planted, I have chosen my offsprings' memories carefully from my set of remembrances the sweet and warm times of my existence and those of my parents' parents' parents, the bits of a million lifetimes coalesced into a birth gift of complete awareness.

They mature fast, and begin to tend to their tasks.

Meanwhile, the mycelium grows under ground, but our progress is stopped by invisible barriers.
Juffo-Wup will need agents on the surface, but the outside conditions are hostile, we need to begin terraforming.

Large spore sack is formed on the right. It grows fast.

Juffo-Wup acknowledges the existence of un-Voidable Non, when we are faced with such, we join, absorb and wait for our opportunity to learn the weakness that will allow us to Void the Non.

Spore sack grows, preparing to fruit.

A communication chamber is built so we can converse with the non.

Greetings, the non of the Paintworld.
I am Yorsh, podship captain. I was incinerated by plasma blast 625 earth years ago.
I had successes conversing with the non, so I awaken now.

OOC: Anyone having troubles with the coloured text? I may pick another colour if there are problems.

I meant for the DeepChildEgg impact from the first page to scatter Deep Child Egg Case Fragments (+other debris) around, but I can't touch stuff outside my property.
If anyone is interested in adopting a case fragment, or the tree, you can take them from here:
The case fragments will be rare collectible items, stuff to research, donate to museum, or whatever. They are available for free.

"1.Scan in high res 2.tweak with curves,levels or something to clean up the scan (or use channel mixer to remove blue pencil lines) 3.Add colour using a layer set to multiply. 4.Add wordbubbles and text as vector shapes. 5. Merge all layers. 6.resize to the web size. 7. Export/Save for Web" that's all I know about webcomicking.

Rkolter
Destroyer of Words (Moderator)
Destroyer of Words (Moderator)

Post by Rkolter »

JTorch wrote:
rkolter wrote:Well... crud. I missed out.
You can have my #5. It seems I have less time for this than I thought I would.
No thanks, I'll wait for the next one. :)
Image Image ImageImage
Crossfire: "Thank you! That explains it very nicely, and in a language that someone other than a physicist can understand..."

Denial is not falsification. You can't avoid a fact just because you don't like it.
"Data" is not the plural of "anecdote"

Dr Legostar
Cartoon Villain

Post by Dr Legostar »

Drilling continues, the spider hatches and the squid rearranges the underwater terrain.

The web begins, a cavern filled with mineral deposits, including radioactive material is found, the squid continues to work.

the web takes shape, building a reactor right on the radioactive material is most efficient, the squid builds the underwater site.

I love organic building material, the spider moves on to phase 2, the underground complex is refined and a seed is planeted with nuclear power attached. the underwater complex continues to grow.

New parking space for the ship, the spider eats the tree, needs fuel for phase 2, the nuclear powered tree grows fast. the squid finishes the framework for the underwater complex.
Attachments
paintsim2.PNG
paintsim2.PNG (15.72 KiB) Viewed 2364 times
-D. M. Jeftinija Pharm.D., Ph.D. -- Yes, I've got two doctorates and I'm arrogant about it, what have *you* done with *your* life?
"People who don't care about anything will never understand the people who do." "yeah.. but we won't care."
"Legostar's on the first page of the guide. His opinion is worth more than both of yours."--Yeahduff

The Mortician
Cartoon Hero

Post by The Mortician »

Day 03 -

Today's work was to install the other retaining wall I neglected yesturday. After doing so, I filled in the new silo. It was nearly completely, but rather shallow for the mail-order missle I order from RKolter industries. Having said that, I installed the telescope I so wanted in the tower. Damn these stairs are a pain to climb over and over. Somethings gotta be fixed about this! Anyway, The base is down now, so I will now get started on installing the equipment.... There... done. I suppose I have time to get the basement ready for the silo. *DRILLS* Haha! Man that was easy... Seems the dirt is still as loose from yeasturday than I recall. How weird. Anyway, the drill's way to heavy to bring back to the surface, I'm going to make it the support for the basement after all. Ahhhh... look what's just arrived. Time to finish up and put in the new defence missle my neighbors will know nothing about. Mehehehe.

Stinkywigfiddle
Cartoon Hero

Updated

mort
Previous: 6pt
Update: +7pt
Total: 13pt

Lego
Previous: 5pt
Update: +7pt
Total: 12pt

TheMycon
Previous: 4pt
Update: +3pt
Total: 7pt

Robby
Previous: 3pt
Update: +5pt
Total: 8pt

ahaugen
Previous: 4pt
Update: +4pt
Total: 8pt
ImageImage

Killbert-Robby
Cartoon Hero

Post by Killbert-Robby »

I've finished construction on my armory, and the house finally has stable foundations.

Dr Legostar
Cartoon Villain

Post by Dr Legostar »

The spider continues work on the second bioform structure and eventually releases a small creature to dig a tunnel to connect the two bioform structures.

furniture and equipment arrives for the compounds.

the radioactive tree continues to grow and bloom.

the underwater compound is finished and a tunnel is dug to connect it. The minisub arrives and is assembled.

further equpiment and supplies arrive and are assembeled or put into storage.
Attachments
paintsim3.PNG
paintsim3.PNG (18.31 KiB) Viewed 2247 times

YarpsDat
Cartoon Hero

Post by YarpsDat »

First vent is built, and sweet gasses begins to flow into the atmosphere.
The fruiting body breaks the ground surface and rises.
Mycelium still grows undergound, gathering into structures, preparing to extend into other land.
The lava ducts are rearanged to directly feed the atmosphere conversion device.
More Mycon are produced, and begin to do their work in the tunnels.

The fruiting body produces a single, precious spore.
The atmosphere conversion has merely begun, and the air still smells of the non, but there is a distant smell of Juffo-Wup.
Juffo-Wup is the hot light in the darkness. All else is unfulfilled Void.

The spore matures, and adapts to the enviroment. It is time.

We are the agents of Juffo-Wup.
We would like to offer our precious spore, as a gift to the museum of the non.

The rain falls outside, washing away most of the generated atmosphere.
But Juffo-Wup is inevitable.
The spore is well protected in the spore sac.

Final state: