Goblin Hollow RPing

User avatar
Capnregex
Regular Poster
Posts: 457
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2005 3:50 am
Contact:

Post by Capnregex »

Will's horse rears back as Will leans forward in the saddle, and the pair is suddenly off at a gallop.
A fiew moments later, the horses pulling the wagon follow suit, though not at such a breakneck speed.

User avatar
Calbeck
Regular Poster
Posts: 595
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: The Land of AZ
Contact:

Post by Calbeck »

And, bringing up the rear with a brisk canter, Roy lounging amidst the saddlebags piled atop his mule, idly plinking out an obscure tune on his lute.

*plinkaplunkaplink*

"o/` Oh, the road goes ever on and on..."

User avatar
Madmoonie
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 2215
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2005 5:05 pm
Location: Not a fuzzy clue.... (waves)
Contact:

Post by Madmoonie »

Deac spurred Sid and thge pair bolted out the door and Deac reigned in the excited animal right behind Roy.

"o/` Down from the door where it began..." Deac sung to himself.

Selden
Regular Poster
Posts: 211
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2006 12:48 pm

Post by Selden »

Toma sits on the wagon and clutches the reins with the ginger grip of a man tasked to do something he's never done and barely even understands. It's a good thing I never bother with a mount... but what were they thinking they'd do if nobody was able to sit in here? Lead the horses by example? Wherever the group is going now, they can't get there too fast for him.

User avatar
Shyal_malkes
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1804
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2005 10:12 am
Contact:

Post by Shyal_malkes »

Jake quickly takes a back seat in the wagon, eager to go but not eager to walk it.

User avatar
Madmoonie
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 2215
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2005 5:05 pm
Location: Not a fuzzy clue.... (waves)
Contact:

Post by Madmoonie »

After a few minutes of riding, a thought occurs to Deac and he spurs Sid to catch up with Will. When he has pulled along side him, Deac leans over and asks quietly "Where are we going.....excatly, that is to say?"

User avatar
Fusion
Regular Poster
Posts: 953
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 3:16 pm
Location: My own little world
Contact:

Post by Fusion »

John starts trying to keep up with the horses on foot, but soon has to jump in the wagon as well.

“Oh, somewhere,” He comments to Deac with a grin.

Finally some people to call his friends and a new adventure! A new chapter was dawning in his life!

Selden
Regular Poster
Posts: 211
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2006 12:48 pm

Post by Selden »

"Just following the road until it gets us somewhere, stopping for awhile to mingle and moving on the next morning, most likely. It doesn't do to look too much like you know where you're going when you're on a job like ours. I haven't really looked at what's in this cart, but we just might be able to pass ourselves off as a small-time carter who hired adventurers as guards when he was asked to ship farther than he's been before."

User avatar
Shyal_malkes
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1804
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2005 10:12 am
Contact:

Post by Shyal_malkes »

Jake looks around and ponders, between Will, Grannom, and Roy he wondered if he could pull off a metamorph spell so they could pass themselves off as a traveling circus if need be.

User avatar
Madmoonie
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 2215
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2005 5:05 pm
Location: Not a fuzzy clue.... (waves)
Contact:

Post by Madmoonie »

Deac looks over his shoulder and rolls his eyes at the cheeky responses to a question that really Will was only supposed to hear. In response, he says, "Perhaps, but how succesful can one be if that person does not know escatly where they are trying to get to in the first place?"

User avatar
Fusion
Regular Poster
Posts: 953
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 3:16 pm
Location: My own little world
Contact:

Post by Fusion »

John shrugs, “Well, I haven't had much trouble with that so far. I just knew where I wasn't going and the rest seemed to lay itself out for me.”

User avatar
Capnregex
Regular Poster
Posts: 457
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2005 3:50 am
Contact:

Post by Capnregex »

After the group has gotten out on the road past the last visible sentinel, Will slows down to a easy pace.. The horses pulling the cart soon catch up, not seeming to need much instruction..
"There is a small village a fiew days ride from here we will be passing through. Most of the locals there just call it "The village", though on the maps it's called Gant Gulch..
From there we will go west to the trade route, then north to our objective. "

User avatar
Madmoonie
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 2215
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2005 5:05 pm
Location: Not a fuzzy clue.... (waves)
Contact:

Post by Madmoonie »

After a few hours of mental backtracking and cartography, Deac suddenly exclaimed "Hey! Where trade route meets the eastern highway! That is where my home is! We could stop by Scarborough Faire. Its the town where I grew up! There are plenty of shops there and a steady stream of news so we could easily find out what has been going on...... especially with....my family..........................Its still quite a long way away but it might prove worthwhile."

Deac then fell silent and he checked his mask once more and then said,"It is also close enough to the Baron's lands that he will have and ears in many places. It is rumored that he is very well informed of what goes on in his lands. He also paid well to hear of valuble information, so we should be wary of broadcasting of who, or at least I, am and what we are doing there."

User avatar
Calbeck
Regular Poster
Posts: 595
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: The Land of AZ
Contact:

Post by Calbeck »

Roy tips his hat back and smiles devilishly, changing his tune to a light, lilting balladesque note...

o/` So are we going to Scarborough Faire?
Parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme...

I dream of a girl whom once I knew there
She once was a true love of mine...

User avatar
Shyal_malkes
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1804
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2005 10:12 am
Contact:

Post by Shyal_malkes »

Jake casually listens to Roy's singing

"I'd join in." Jake whispers to John "but last time I sang with any ammount of volume I was nearly mistook for a banshee, even the tre-ents covered their ears."

User avatar
Madmoonie
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 2215
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2005 5:05 pm
Location: Not a fuzzy clue.... (waves)
Contact:

Post by Madmoonie »

Over the next few hours, coversation rose and fell, songs were song with Roy providing the music, and many jokes were bandied about as the small troupe wound its way through the mountains towards Gant Gulch. Overhead, the sun arched in its path across the sky as the day wore on. And then the sun started to slip behind the mountains, darkness began to creep in as evening was taking hold. Deac was broken out of his daydream by the hooting of an owl and jerked his head up and looked around at the lengthing shadows.

"The evening is catching up with us....should we be stopping soon?"

User avatar
Capnregex
Regular Poster
Posts: 457
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2005 3:50 am
Contact:

Post by Capnregex »

"Aye, there is a good spot coming up.. "

User avatar
Fusion
Regular Poster
Posts: 953
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 3:16 pm
Location: My own little world
Contact:

Post by Fusion »

“Ah, good!” John comments stretching. “It'll be nice to get a fire going. Hmm... I wonder if there is anything to hunt around here.”

User avatar
Madmoonie
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 2215
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2005 5:05 pm
Location: Not a fuzzy clue.... (waves)
Contact:

Post by Madmoonie »

Deac stares at Grannom for a long time but says nothing.

User avatar
Capnregex
Regular Poster
Posts: 457
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2005 3:50 am
Contact:

Post by Capnregex »

Will leans forward and talks quietly to his horse..
A fiew minutes later, Will's horse is walking along with an empty saddle.
Will's horse whickers to the horses pulling the wagon, and all three horses move to a canter down the road..

Post Reply