Paint Community - Round 1

This is where past, great threads in the history of our forum go.
Stinkywigfiddle
Cartoon Hero

Post by Stinkywigfiddle »

Updated. Click here for the main world images.

I have converted my house into a space ship and moved the one tree over to my other land, along with the birds.

Mort
Land #18 had 7 points.
+5 points for Rock's last update.
+2 points for your update.
Total for land #18: 14 points.

Land #13 still has 20 points.

KatNorth
Previous points: 8?
+3 for the update.
Total: 11 points, I guess.

ChibiJess
Previous Points: 25
+5 for the update.
Total: 30 points.

rkolter
Total points: 15

Me:
Previous points: 24
+5 points for the update
Total:29 points.

There is no more free land in World Image 1! It all belongs to someone.
ImageImage

Garneta
Holding Out for a Hero

Post by Garneta »

Okay, bought all the free land next to me, and remembered this time to take the points off.

Some geologists have come in to explore the cavern. One of them has captured huge bat, and has built a large cage for it. He's getting ready to take the bat somewhere to do a study. The other two scientists have cleaned up the wreckage that was the house, and are setting out to explore a passageway...looks like giant green man might get some lunch!

For some reason whenever I upload these images to photobucket, they get all pixelly. :P

Edit: Okay, so I figured out why they do that...when I upload them to photobucket, it automatically saves them as jpgs, even though I saved them as bmps. Any way around this?
Image Image Image

MoonMistGuardian
Regular Poster

Post by MoonMistGuardian »

perhaps you could try saving them as gifs...?
so cold

The Mortician
Cartoon Hero

Post by The Mortician »

What about PNGs? Paint allows that.

Rock_dash
NOTHING

Post by Rock_dash »

If you upload them to imageshack, it automatically converts .bmp to .png.

Stinkywigfiddle
Cartoon Hero

Post by Stinkywigfiddle »

Updated. Click here for the main world images.

KatNorth
Previous points: 3
+3 for the update.
Total points: 6
ImageImage

Rkolter
Destroyer of Words (Moderator)

Post by Rkolter »

Don't use imageshack - just use the 'attach' feature here, that way you can use any format you like.

Sorry for not updating - I've cleared more work this week than any of the other 30 sites in North America, or 20 in Canada. And I have a cold. :-?
Image Image ImageImage
Crossfire: "Thank you! That explains it very nicely, and in a language that someone other than a physicist can understand..."

Denial is not falsification. You can't avoid a fact just because you don't like it.
"Data" is not the plural of "anecdote"

Rock_dash
NOTHING

Post by Rock_dash »

rkolter wrote:Don't use imageshack - just use the 'attach' feature here, that way you can use any format you like.

Sorry for not updating - I've cleared more work this week than any of the other 30 sites in North America, or 20 in Canada. And I have a cold. :-?
What's wrong with imageshack? I use it all the time. :P

Rkolter

Post by Rkolter »

rock_dash wrote:
rkolter wrote:Don't use imageshack - just use the 'attach' feature here, that way you can use any format you like.

Well, there's always the fact that THEY EAT BUNNIES!

... ok, that's not true. I've never actually seen them eat a whole bunny. They just take bytes and nibbles.
Image Image ImageImage
Crossfire: "Thank you! That explains it very nicely, and in a language that someone other than a physicist can understand..."

Denial is not falsification. You can't avoid a fact just because you don't like it.

Rock_dash
NOTHING

Post by Rock_dash »

rkolter wrote:
rock_dash wrote:

Well, there's always the fact that THEY EAT BUNNIES!

... ok, that's not true. I've never actually seen them eat a whole bunny. They just take bytes and nibbles.
Oh sure, when YOU do it, it's okay! But when Imageshack does it, it's suddenly a crime! :x

Garneta
Holding Out for a Hero

Post by Garneta »

The sun is setting. After his meal of scientists, Giant green man is bathing in the pool of the cave. And what's that coming up from the next room in the cavern? Why, it's King Salamander, ruler of all that lies underneath the planet's crust.

Also, the scientist who took away the giant bat to study is still waiting for the test results to come back. In the meantime, he's donating the bat to the museum.

Edit: Hadn't looked at the thread before posting this, so the picture should say 6 points instead of three. :P I'll change it later.
Image Image Image

McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)

Post by McDuffies »

Wow, the colours!

Garneta
Holding Out for a Hero

Post by Garneta »

That took awhile...can't really blend in paint, I've been spoiled by photoshop filters...

Edit: I'm gonna go ahead and post the next two...the last two I'm gonna do are coming up directly after these, and they're gonna take awhile. Fixed the points, too, so it's at six where it should be.

Okay, let's see...The sunset has passed, and Twilight has fallen. King Salamander has eaten Giant Green man, and is now basking in salamander happiness!

Until he keels over, that is...turns out that Giant Green man was poisonous. Poor King Salamander.

Image Image Image

The Mortician
Cartoon Hero

Post by The Mortician »

I'll be spending the gold from lot #18 and purchasing the land to the west (between Jess and I). If I count that right.

The Mortician
Cartoon Hero

Post by The Mortician »

This should be 14 point different on the land. If incorrect, please fix it? ^^;;

Well, Misty convinced me to drain the lake. So we extended the barriers for the robot finally, and got the water pump out. Now it's almost dry down there.

Back on Rock's old land, I rented out a Steam Shovel, and began pulling out the uneven ground, getting ready for the new construction. I had a cement stud incerted to the East Bank. Soon I'll get contructed on the base of the new land. Hopefully we won't get attacked by Rkolter again. >.>;;;

D:

Garneta
Holding Out for a Hero

Post by Garneta »

Uh-oh...looks like the Underground realm is upset that King Salamander died...rumble rumble rumble...

Image Image Image

Rkolter

Post by Rkolter »

The Mortician wrote: Hopefully we won't get attacked by Rkolter again. >.>;;;

D:
If I wasn't coughing my lungs out right now, I'd attack you again, just for that. ;)
Image Image ImageImage

Garneta
Holding Out for a Hero

Post by Garneta »

Okay, this one's really only on my land, but I had to make a big one! (And I've decided that I could still do more after it, so it won't be my last one after all; I'll keep at it until the round is over.)

Anyway, the rumbling wore on far into the night. By morning, all was silent...but don't worry dear King Salamander, your realm will get its revenge!

Image Image Image

Cope
Incompetent Monster

That's mega. As in a megabyte. AND MEGA! O_O

Post by Cope »

Holy smoke!!
Image Image
"I've always been fascinated by failure!" -Charlie Brown

Rkolter

Post by Rkolter »

Holy shit, someone came up with something even more dangerous than me!

I knew I liked you for a reason Kat. :D
Image Image ImageImage