Paint Community - Round 1

This is where past, great threads in the history of our forum go.

Postby JTorch on Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:17 pm

I'm sure we're probably not allowed to make them animated (given that the main world is a .png) but I figured I'd at least try. (If you can't use them, the first frame of the animation from lot 4 will be fine, and you don't need to change lot 6. Also note that the image I used for lot 6 was one with no white space on top, and by the time I noticed it was too late.) I'm sure you probably can't use them, but I think I should at least get points for trying. D:

Finally, some wind.

I killed someone and threw their body in the well. I also moved my crops over and made a sprinkler for them by pumping out well-water.
There's a Civilization on my Fork - Updates Sometimes
JTorch
Regular Poster

Postby Rock_dash on Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:20 pm

Well hell, mine looks like crap now...oh well, might as well forge on ahead.

6-21-06: Dear mother, I am writing to let you know that I got a plot of land to build my new home on! All the nice places were taken or too expensive, so I ended up settling in the desert. I feel a little like a pioneer! It's a bleak area, but nobody ever said this would be easy, right? At least I have the birds for company. They're strange, tool. Unlike anything I've ever seen. They're sort of like vultures, but fat and round. I'll continue to write and let you know how things are going. Love, your son.

7-28-06: Dear mother, my new house is finished! I can't believe how fast it went. It was tough, especially considering the tools I had to work with. It's small, but it's cozy and comfortable. I wasn't sure what I was going to do for water at first, but what luck I had! A travelling man who finds water for a living showed up one day as I was working on the roof! He used a funny forked stick and told me there was a spring right under my land! We drilled a well and now I have all the fresh water I want!

8-10-06: Dear Mother, the strangest thing happened today. A woman from up the road came to my home and told me that if I kept living here, evil things would happen! It was very frightening! But of course, you raised me better than to believe in witches and goblins and other superstition. I'm sure she's just got some old folk's disease of the mind. I'm still a bit shaken up though. I think I'll make myself some tea and take a hot bath. I'll write you later. Love, your son.

PS. I planted that shrub you sent me! We'll see how it does out here.
ImageImage
Rock_dash
NOTHING

Postby Linkara on Thu Sep 21, 2006 1:04 pm

Alrighty! I haven't gotten around to moving into it, yet, but here's my building in its humble beginnings, with a basement that has my gun collection on shelves and an elevator. Oh, and those stairs at the top lead to the roof.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Quote of the Moment: “Greetings, my friend. We are all interested in the future, for that is where you and I are going to spend the rest of our lives.” ~Criswell~
Linkara
Cartoon Hero

Location: Lizard-Inclined Neo Clone Republitarian Band-Aid Spokesman

Postby CJBurgandy on Thu Sep 21, 2006 1:08 pm

Kisai and I were very happy to get land next to each other. We plan to rent our trees to any looking to build a tree house. The income we get from that, we'll soon be able to afford to buy the land between us, so that we can connect our homes together.
CLICK HERE FOR HOT SEXY NUDES

"When Papa Smurf drank here, he was standoffish, Turk said. He favored vodka and didn't share his liquor." ~ Anchorage Daily News
CJBurgandy
Eat at Crazy CJs! Home of the mad burger

Postby Garneta on Thu Sep 21, 2006 1:09 pm

My people are getting around to moving in. They have furniture now, and have filled the attic with boxes of who knows what! There's also a bat in the attic!
Image Image Image
Garneta
Holding Out for a Hero

Postby Rock_dash on Thu Sep 21, 2006 1:25 pm

8-12-06: Dear Mother, I've had an idea for making some money. let me know if you think it's any good. For a small fee of say, maybe 3 points, I could let my neighbors drill into my spring so they could have water for gardens or swimming pools or whatever they fancy.
ImageImage
Rock_dash
NOTHING

Postby Zwuh on Thu Sep 21, 2006 1:42 pm

"Alright, I've got a brilliant idea here. So basically we DIG DOWN UNDER THE ISLAND, and then we totally build a room down there."

"Then what?"

"Then we party, duhurr."

"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one" -George Bernard Shaw

"Religion has actually convinced people that there's an invisible man -- living in the sky -- who watches everything you do, every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a special list of ten things he does not want you to do.. And if you do any of these ten things, he has a special place, full of fire and smoke and burning and torture and anguish, where he will send you to live and suffer and burn and choke and scream and cry forever and ever 'til the end of time! ..But He loves you." -George Carlin
Zwuh
Purple Man

Postby Rkolter on Thu Sep 21, 2006 1:46 pm

Note: I wrote 0pts in the white part, but actually I see I have 3pts before this update.

It's good to hear your zombification process is heading along so well. Here, I've had quite a strange time of it.

First, as it's obvious from the picture, I didn't destroy the tree. It didn't sell, and I thought that instead, I might find a use for it someday. You know those "everlit" gag fireworks you sent me? Guess what's holding the tree up? Whose the sucker now buddy-boy? :D

I'm writing from my lab - it was the safest place to be when the explosion went off, and what an explosion it was! The land slumped aproximately as I'd hoped, and once the fires go out, I'll get to work on my renovations.

While down here, I finally got around to putting up my reference guides. I also pulled out that globe and weird glass thing you sent me last Christmas - should I be concerned that it registers on my geiger counter?

Oh, speaking of concerned! I put up a retaining wall because the land next door to me is public, and I needed to build up my lake, as I mentioned in my last letter. Well, it worked! The lake is still almost-carbonated with the excess from my toxic radiological tank, but it's not producing clouds anymore. There's a downside - that bird? It landed on the roof of my lab, and promptly turned into a tree. Yea, a tree. Animal to vegetable regression. What's stranger is that it's budding little black things... I wonder if I'll have flocks of plants, or a field of birds?

And plants - oh my. My creepers are growing longer and budding more. I suspect my lab will be far more "secret" once they get done growing. Also, some strange pussywillows grew up right next to the retaining wall. They don't look like much, but that wall is eighty feet high...

Not too much else to tell. Once I get the money up I'll buy this niggling piece of land that seperates my two lots. Then I'll probably work on my actual home. Nobody will ever suspect my secret lair is actually right next door to my home. Well, nobody else, at any rate.

Until next I write,

rkolter

P.S. Oh, I almost forgot, the neighborhood is really getting filled up around here. I'll have to be the gentlemanly neighbor and offer them a housewarming gift... Muahahahahahaaaaa! ... I can't believe I actually wrote the laugh. I'm a walking cliche' sometimes.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image Image ImageImage
Crossfire: "Thank you! That explains it very nicely, and in a language that someone other than a physicist can understand..."

Denial is not falsification. You can't avoid a fact just because you don't like it.
"Data" is not the plural of "anecdote"
Rkolter
Destroyer of Words (Moderator)

Postby Rkolter on Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:08 pm

Purchasing the 10 pixels of land between my two slices, and 5 pixels of land to my LEFT (towards KKB and that big tree between us).

That puts me at 0 points as of... now. :D
Image Image ImageImage
Crossfire: "Thank you! That explains it very nicely, and in a language that someone other than a physicist can understand..."

Denial is not falsification. You can't avoid a fact just because you don't like it.
"Data" is not the plural of "anecdote"
Rkolter

Postby Linkara on Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:28 pm

So, I just moved in and everything seems to be moving along swimmingly. Turns out Nanda lives right next door, but why would she ever care about visiting some blue guy like me? *Sigh* If only.

In any case, it seems I've got a good group of neighbors. Some of them are mad scientists, some are windmills, and others seem to have dragons in their parts.

Speaking of animals, I moved the kitty and the bird in without incident. It seems that as long as I feed them and give them both what they want, there shouldn't be any attempts to kill each other... yet. Also, I painted a few rooms and put my bed, TV/Computer monitor into the wall of my room. The satellite dish and WiFi tower were installed without incident. I'm thinking of stopping by that one cat's custom furniture store and seeing what I can't make out of my two empty rooms, though...

Yours sincerely,
Linkara

(Oh, and those yellow-brown spots beneath the house? Gold deposits. ^_^)

Quote of the Moment: “Greetings, my friend. We are all interested in the future, for that is where you and I are going to spend the rest of our lives.” ~Criswell~
Linkara
Cartoon Hero

Location: Lizard-Inclined Neo Clone Republitarian Band-Aid Spokesman

Postby Blackaby on Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:42 pm

If you need me, I'll be in my tower.

Image[/i]
LOOK AT BLACKABY HE IS FILLED WITH TEH SCREAMY OMG
guest artists get free puppies
Blackaby
Regale her

Postby Blackaby on Thu Sep 21, 2006 3:15 pm

upgrade
Blackaby
Regale her

Postby Stinkywigfiddle on Thu Sep 21, 2006 4:02 pm

Could everyone who doesn't have their name at the top of their image please put it there, to save me some trouble. Thanks.

Kolter: Can I buy your tree? How much for it now?

(i'm still at work)
ImageImage
Stinkywigfiddle
Cartoon Hero

Postby Garneta on Thu Sep 21, 2006 4:17 pm

The pond water is draining away toward the cave. The bat didn't like the attic too much, and has moved into the tree. Meanwhile, gophers are digging holes underneath the house.

Image Image Image
Garneta
Holding Out for a Hero

Postby Zwuh on Thu Sep 21, 2006 4:25 pm

Squares are for squares. FEAR THE BIODOME.

"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one" -George Bernard Shaw

"Religion has actually convinced people that there's an invisible man -- living in the sky -- who watches everything you do, every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a special list of ten things he does not want you to do.. And if you do any of these ten things, he has a special place, full of fire and smoke and burning and torture and anguish, where he will send you to live and suffer and burn and choke and scream and cry forever and ever 'til the end of time! ..But He loves you." -George Carlin
Zwuh
Purple Man

Postby Blackaby on Thu Sep 21, 2006 4:55 pm

Sweetie can you put my name on mine and change my avatar to a bobbinspic? :/ I forgot to ask while on teh intarweb before
Blackaby
Regale her

Postby Stinkywigfiddle on Thu Sep 21, 2006 5:33 pm

Maybe I should let everyone be in charge of cutting out their own land, whenever you buy more, and when there is more free land. Everyone would still give me cut out images of their land.

That way all I have to do is keep up with points and update the main world images.

Would this cause any problems, do you think? Comments?
ImageImage
Stinkywigfiddle
Cartoon Hero

Postby Joel Fagin on Thu Sep 21, 2006 5:34 pm

blackaby wrote:Image[/i]

Man, I bet that property is worth a squid or two.

- Joel Fagin
Joel Fagin
nothos adrisor (GTC)

Postby CJBurgandy on Thu Sep 21, 2006 6:29 pm

Stinky, the only question I have is on the points. I understand how you get points, but I can't tell on how you know how many points you've racked up?
CLICK HERE FOR HOT SEXY NUDES

"When Papa Smurf drank here, he was standoffish, Turk said. He favored vodka and didn't share his liquor." ~ Anchorage Daily News
CJBurgandy
Eat at Crazy CJs! Home of the mad burger

Postby Stinkywigfiddle on Thu Sep 21, 2006 6:55 pm

Here is the land, updated and reposted for your convenience.
(If they don't look different, just refresh)

JTorch: I'm giving your seperate lands seperate points. So ad up the points from all your land at that is your total.

CJ: These main world images contain the offial point tally of each player per the last update. Your points are in the bottom right courner under your land.
ImageImage
Stinkywigfiddle
Cartoon Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Archives