Paint Community - Round 1

This is where past, great threads in the history of our forum go.

Paint Community - Round 1

Postby Stinkywigfiddle on Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:00 am

Round 1 is no longer open to new players. Anyone new interested will have to wait until round 2. Please read the plan below, in bold.

Click here for the Main World Images
These images will change as people submit their images and the world changes.

------------------------------------
Community notices:

-Mutagen fertilizer: 2p - This fertilizer will cause plants to mutate in a way you can control (to some extent) by proper care of your plant. Produce larger fruit, or plants that can walk, or maybe creepers that contstrict around living prey. Whatever catches your fancy.

Demolitions: 2p - We will send you a rocket (under it's own power) to assist in the demolition of any amount of territory you own. Need a new lake? Want to make a mountain out of a molehill? Neighbor encroching on your land? We're your people. ~rkolter (land #8 & 5)

- Image Get your own Stinkybot by WigCo. It can clean, cook, guard your home, and much more! Only 2 points each! ~ Stinky (land #6.1)

-Would anyone like to adopt a kitten? Free to a good home ~Nanda (land #2)

-Apple pies (1 Point), honey (1 point), and guns (ask directly) by Nanda (land #10)

-I have baby dragons available for adoption - PM me or leave a message and I'll draw one up for you. I think the cost will be 3-5 points - depending on the interest in them ~ChibiJess (land #17)

- Custom items or furnature by KKB (land #7)

- Bird's egg for sale for 2 points. The egg will probably hatch into something interesting ~ Rock Dash (land #18)

-The museum is still looking to buy interesting items.
---------------------------------------

New plan:

I will update once a day, after 10:30pm
Anything you post before that time will be put in the main images and new points will be given. Anything after that will go in the next update.

Once all the existing land is bought you will have one last update to change anything and then the game will be over.

The next round will be TWO main world images, plus the museum, with maybe six to eight players.

The old rounds will be saved on my website.

How it works:
Have a character, big enough to have distinguishing characteristics, but small enough to fit in your land. Proportionate to my character there.

New players can move into the free empty lots. Just pick a number andcut out the area to work in. Like this:
You can only alter your own land. Once you're done give me the image either through a post in this thread. Then I will stick your altered land into the main world image. Do not work on the main world image, please.

So far points are given based on the stuff you make. Plants, animals, building underground, in a tree, whatever else that is creative will give you points.

You buy more land around your property. 1 point will give you 5 extra pixels, 2 points 10 pixels, etc. You can also sell your land to someone else, if you want. And if anyone is interested in buying something you made, you could do that too.
Last edited by Stinkywigfiddle on Mon Sep 25, 2006 7:26 pm, edited 22 times in total.
ImageImage
Stinkywigfiddle
Cartoon Hero

Postby Zwuh on Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:46 am

Ooooh. So anyone can join up on this? Blackaby and I would like to join the fun if so (okay, so I'm prodding her into joining up).

If I could get #14 and blackaby have #15 that would be slick.

Image Image
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one" -George Bernard Shaw

"Religion has actually convinced people that there's an invisible man -- living in the sky -- who watches everything you do, every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a special list of ten things he does not want you to do.. And if you do any of these ten things, he has a special place, full of fire and smoke and burning and torture and anguish, where he will send you to live and suffer and burn and choke and scream and cry forever and ever 'til the end of time! ..But He loves you." -George Carlin
Zwuh
Purple Man

Postby Rkolter on Thu Sep 21, 2006 4:02 am

rkolter would be delighted to have #8 please.
Image Image ImageImage
Crossfire: "Thank you! That explains it very nicely, and in a language that someone other than a physicist can understand..."

Denial is not falsification. You can't avoid a fact just because you don't like it.
"Data" is not the plural of "anecdote"
Rkolter
Destroyer of Words (Moderator)

Postby KittyKatBlack on Thu Sep 21, 2006 5:33 am

There we go. I've set up a little shop to sell custom items or furnature to people who want something, just to be interactive.

That bell-tower thing is my teleporter for moving things long distances. I'm the little cat behind the counter. ^_^
KittyKatBlack
Cartoon Villain

Postby Rkolter on Thu Sep 21, 2006 5:36 am

Here's my first submission.

As you can see, the underground lair was my primary concern - there is more work to be done, of course. And concealing that lift shaft required a bit of ingenuity - and thirty tons of imported soil.

I figured I'd do a bit of terraforming on the side and added a lake. I'm hoping the grass will start to cover the exposed dirt.

Me? I'm off talking to the contractors. :twisted:

::edit:: My bad, I didn't put the white space at the top or bottom.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Rkolter on Thu Sep 21, 2006 6:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
Image Image ImageImage
Crossfire: "Thank you! That explains it very nicely, and in a language that someone other than a physicist can understand..."

Denial is not falsification. You can't avoid a fact just because you don't like it.
Rkolter

Postby The Mortician on Thu Sep 21, 2006 6:22 am

With my POINTS, I want to move both boundry lines if I could on my floating island.
Last edited by The Mortician on Thu Sep 21, 2006 7:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Mortician
Cartoon Hero

Postby Sput on Thu Sep 21, 2006 6:22 am

can i have 8?

i'm at school on a mac without paint (omg horror D:)

i iwill have something by the end of todayipromise!~~
lazy sput is lazy.
Sput
Needs an Oil Checkup

Postby Doll on Thu Sep 21, 2006 6:23 am

Um, I think Kolter called 8.
Doll
Regular Poster

Postby The Mortician on Thu Sep 21, 2006 6:25 am

It seems there isnt any free land left, more must be made again.
The Mortician
Cartoon Hero

Postby Rkolter on Thu Sep 21, 2006 6:43 am

I would like to spend my initial 2 points on 5 pixels of land on either side of my land, please.
Image Image ImageImage

Rkolter

Postby Sput on Thu Sep 21, 2006 6:51 am

oh blah. so he did.

neverminds.
lazy sput is lazy.
Sput
Needs an Oil Checkup

Postby Rkolter on Thu Sep 21, 2006 7:06 am

No changes, but I increased my boundry with my two points (5 pixels a side) and made a note for Stinky.

I assumed (tell me if I'm wrong) that it'd be best if you grow to literally take over (as opposed to simply create) the pixels you bought - so I cut five pixels on either side of my domain from the world map and annexed it. That way it just slips right into the world map.

Hope I'm doing this right. Kind of fun building up your own tiny empire. :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image Image ImageImage

Rkolter

Postby Rkolter on Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:00 am

Updated again...

Under the stairs of the underground lair is where I store my slurry of toxic and radioactive wastes. I've got an overflow pipe going out to the lake, and it seems to be leaking into the water and making a hazy cloud as it boils up and evaporates.

I built a small side room with a staircase up out of the underground lair. I'm not getting stuck in my lair like last time. :roll:

The grass seems to be greening up nicely on the dirt mound. It slumped a bit, and I added a bit more dirt to the retaining wall so the lake could grow. Oh, I added some sand to the bottom of the lake too... not that I plan to ever go into that water. Ick.

Wiorking on building a platform too - not sure what I'll use it for yet, but it seemed odd just to have this hill, with no platform on it.

Got some birds in the shot. Pesky animals. Oh, that's me in the elevator - hard to tell. Damn contractors I told them I didn't want to have to compress myself to fit in.

Until next time,

rkolter

::edit:: Again I seem to have goofed up the line spacing - I compared my original slice to this one and the bottom white box is too big and the sky isn't right either. Dang it. sorry Stink. Corrected.
Last edited by Rkolter on Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image ImageImage

Rkolter

Postby Nanda on Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:21 am

I used my super alien-hobbit fertilizer on my tree, and look at it now! It has enough room for a tree fort and a tire swing! I also expanded on my house, and made a little breakfast nook. My bushes and flowers have grown, and the bird found a mate and they nested! I built a dock to fish off of on my new peice of lake, but so far all I've seen are frogs.
Image Image
Nanda
Cartoon Hero

Postby Stinkywigfiddle on Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:29 am

Ok. I think I updated everything.

Zwuh and Blackaby, your land is ready:
Image Image

Mort: Your land is now bigger. Congratulations.

More free land is being made. :)
ImageImage
Stinkywigfiddle
Cartoon Hero

Postby Nanda on Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:34 am

I would like to buy all the way up to Linkara's property, please. :D And with whatever's left, I'd like to expand out on the left side.
Last edited by Nanda on Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
Image Image
Nanda
Cartoon Hero

Postby Rkolter on Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:41 am

I would like to buy lot #9, for 10 points, please. It's the piece next to mine.
Image Image ImageImage

Rkolter

Postby Stinkywigfiddle on Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:00 am

Nanda and Kolter both have more land

You still have a property line between your lands Kolter.
Last edited by Stinkywigfiddle on Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Stinkywigfiddle
Cartoon Hero

Postby ChibiJess on Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:00 am

Could I possibly lay claim to number 17?

Please? :D

Image <-- is this figure ok?
Last edited by ChibiJess on Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
ChibiJess
Cartoon Sidekick

Postby Stinkywigfiddle on Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:04 am

ChibiJess wrote:Could I possibly lay claim to number 17?

Please? :D

Certainly.
ImageImage
Stinkywigfiddle
Cartoon Hero

Next

Return to Archives