Who are the members of Control?

Who are the members of Control?

Postby Seafog the 3rd on Sun Aug 27, 2006 7:59 pm

Just like it says. I can't keep them straight, and I don't think some of them were ever properly introduced. And how many Tianas are there anyway?
Last edited by Seafog the 3rd on Sun Aug 27, 2006 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'Never appeal to a man's 'better nature'. He may not have one. Invoking his self-intrest gives you more leverage.' -Lazarus Long
Seafog the 3rd
Regular Poster

Question

Postby Seafog the 3rd on Sun Aug 27, 2006 8:10 pm

Where did you come up with this take on the Secret Conspiricies idea, Matt? They aren't so powerful, but only because they want to destroy each other in secret.
http://strangedaze.comicgenesis.com/d/20010615.html
Last edited by Seafog the 3rd on Sun Aug 27, 2006 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'Never appeal to a man's 'better nature'. He may not have one. Invoking his self-intrest gives you more leverage.' -Lazarus Long
Seafog the 3rd
Regular Poster

Another one.

Postby Seafog the 3rd on Sun Aug 27, 2006 8:19 pm

Gatekeeper to Heaven's door. Sounds like a title, or at least something of import. What are you trying to tell us? If Liz is one of the Children, is this her given power or role? I think what it is, is that I feel I'm missing something from this strip and want to know what it is.
http://strangedaze.comicgenesis.com/d/20010704.html
Seafog the 3rd
Regular Poster

Question

Postby Seafog the 3rd on Sun Aug 27, 2006 8:28 pm

Who sent the Gladius Dei strike force to Heaven when reality went to JoBeth? How did they figure out what was going on enough to even go?
Seafog the 3rd
Regular Poster

Origin?

Postby Seafog the 3rd on Sun Aug 27, 2006 8:33 pm

Is Kali just refering to the genesis legends of the time, or is this how the Strange Daze world was actually created? With the sacrifice of a great 'One'?
http://strangedaze.comicgenesis.com/d/20010727.html
Last edited by Seafog the 3rd on Sun Aug 27, 2006 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Seafog the 3rd
Regular Poster

Oro?

Postby Seafog the 3rd on Sun Aug 27, 2006 8:38 pm

OK, this one is still confusing me. I figured out its the Army of Man putting together a force to strike at Kali, but how do the devils (I'm assuming they are not demons) in the first row fit into things?
http://strangedaze.comicgenesis.com/d/20010730.html
Seafog the 3rd
Regular Poster

Details, details.

Postby Seafog the 3rd on Sun Aug 27, 2006 8:47 pm

I'm really curious what happened to Jack and Thera when the universe went to JoBeth. And how much time passed since they defeated the beach cult.
http://strangedaze.comicgenesis.com/d/20010823.html
Seafog the 3rd
Regular Poster

Postby Guildenstern on Sun Aug 27, 2006 9:42 pm

Jesu! Chatty sort, aren't you? Let's see what I can help with here...

Gatekeeper to Heaven's door.

I think that's just what's her name making up a title for Liza to help her understand her importance in the situation. It's not an 'actual' title, it's just snappy and neatly sums up how Liza is the only one who can get them there.

From One to Many to One.

I think the One Kali was referring to was the original Yggdrasil sapling. It was the repository for all the abstracts in the world, it was destroyed, and then all the Incarnates started popping up. The Incarnates were ripping the world apart, so Kali locked everyone else down and tried to be the One... that didn't work out so well, what with the madness and all.

Army of Man / Hellspawn

It's really more about the cycles of Sirrus. The devils on top are from way, way back in Sirrus's past, when he was first being made into the chains. The AoM underneath show how the same thing was happening to him again. Hence the title in the middle about "Circles: Chaining the Devil"

Well, that's all I've got without wildly speculating on no evidence! Hope I'm not totally wrong in my interpertation!
Ziox: Now with lapitithamine.
Guildenstern
Regular Poster

Postby Miroberus on Mon Aug 28, 2006 5:37 pm

Oof. Let's see here:

Control members: Liz, Tiana, the Ghoul (I think I called him Jake), Deus (robot), and some guy with a blind-fold on who I never did much backstory for. As for the number of Tiana's, I never put a firm number on that.

Conspiracies are controlled by their wish to remain hidden: not sure where I got this one. Probably something Ken Hite wrote helped inspire me.

Gatekeeper to Heaven's Door. Wasn't meant to be an official title; mainly there to set up the Ghostbuster's reference in the next panel. ("I am the Gatekeeper! Are you the Key Master?")

Gladius Dei arriving while Sirrus' attempt at Deicide: I kinda hand-waved this one. Assume that the forces of the Angelic Host let them know, but were unable to intervene themselves due them having to keep all of reality held together in the interim.

One/Many/One and the Cycles of Sirrus: as Guildenstern guessed. The first was a reference to Yggsdrassil, the second showing that Sirrus has always been a pawn. Even in his moment of greatest triumph, he was being used by Kali.

Jack and Thera during the reality warp: I never really thought this out. Truthfully, I'd write it differently now. Drop the anime thing, go with something more surreal. Maybe a Grant Morrison type of thing.

Hope that alleviates some of your confusion!
Miroberus
Regular Poster

Return to Regina Felina