Favourite Character Poll

For feedback, polls, FAQ, "Witty" Banter, General announcements, and plugs about the comic.

Favourite Character?

Skull Girl (Molly)
33%
Skiv
11%
Devil Girl (Skully's red-headed friend)
11%
Jenny the Kat
11%
Iron Pants
No votes
High Voltage
11%
Christie (blonde, former coffee-slinger)
No votes
Mr. Evil (BS that car!)
No votes
Hydromancer
22%

Total votes : 9

Favourite Character Poll

Postby Megaskunjii on Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:05 pm

OK, I'm a bit knew to this whole "Forum Moderator" thing, but let's start things off with the ol' "Favourite Character" Poll!
Megaskunjii
Regular Poster

Postby Amens_Magus on Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:10 am

I say Skiv, so there.
Meh
Amens_Magus

Postby Love_Child on Tue Apr 25, 2006 9:57 am

I have to say Molly because she's so darn cute. But don't tell her I said so!
Love_Child

Skully...

Postby Kubie on Fri Apr 28, 2006 1:13 pm

I have to agree with Love Child on this one... Skully's too cute'n evil for anyone not to like her, even though that's probably what she hates the most... People liking her too much, that is... :D
Kubie

Postby Thanatos5150 on Mon Jun 05, 2006 7:05 am

As you all knew I would post, Hydromancer.
I guess I just have an affinity for "Edge-walkers".
Controls water = SWEET!
Is a gunman = AWESOME
has issues that are "like, five times that big!"(Mr. Unstoppable, hehe) = Beautiful

But has anyone noticed that we've never actually seen a Hero fight, well anything? The closet we've gotten is The Kat's POUNCE (of Justice).
Personally, I'd like to either see Hydromancer go Vigilante on some Law Enforcement (out of defense for either himself or Molly,) or try to "subdue" Molly from blowing something up.
"Justice is the Art of the Thief"
~Socrates~
"Weapons and armor are for those who lack skill, Honor and courage"
~Drunken Monk to a Paladin in the tavern. No bystanders were harmed in the ensuing brawl~
Thanatos5150
Regular Poster

Postby Megaskunjii on Tue Jun 06, 2006 7:02 am

You won't be seeing the heroes do much combat until after the Skull Girl backstory. One reason is because doing combat with jokes is tricky, and just straight-out combat takes awhile. (You wouldn't want to just see 4 panels of combat at a time)

The Hydromancer is a pretty scrappy fighter though -- I do have several story arcs planned where he displays exactly what he can do with just a crowbar... and why he carries one around in the first place...
Megaskunjii
Regular Poster

Postby Thanatos5150 on Sun Jun 11, 2006 9:22 am

Ah, yes, I know that combat is difficult.
With the number of fight scenes I've written, displaying down to the intricate motions of the master swordsman's wrist, I should know.
I've written litterally over a page on ONE forty-five second fight scene.
A friend and I actually recently wrote a lengthy (chapter-sized) five-minuete fight between a couple of Cyborgs (an Archangel and a shadowrunner), that was quite interesting, started on top of a really really tall building and ending on street level.
Anyway, cant wait to see that stroy arc! keep up the good work!
~Thanatos
"Justice is the Art of the Thief"
~Socrates~
"Weapons and armor are for those who lack skill, Honor and courage"
~Drunken Monk to a Paladin in the tavern. No bystanders were harmed in the ensuing brawl~
Thanatos5150
Regular Poster

Postby Megaskunjii on Thu Jun 15, 2006 5:48 am

The thing about fight scenes is that they don't work too well in the written format. They're best shown with pictures -- moving or otherwise.

Oh, and there is a fight scene coming up. The set-up is going to take a bit, and once again won't feature any "Heroes" in combat... but it should be well worth it. I've got several ideas for it too.

It will be different from the usual Skull Girl fights. Her opponent has a lot more malice. Plus I get to introduce another minor but interesting character.

And I plan for the Hydromancer and Iron Pants to show up at the end. I have several ideas for how the battle should end... we'll see which one I go with.
Megaskunjii
Regular Poster

Postby TheGreenBubble on Wed Jun 28, 2006 11:17 am

Hmm...I voted Hydromancer, mostly because I was impressed with myself I could remember his name, and also because it's just a cool name. But I think I relate to Christie in that I am tall and blonde and under certain circumstances, I can be a real..well I can blow up. So I sympathize with her. I probably smarter though.
Sarah
TheGreenBubble

Postby Megaskunjii on Wed Jun 28, 2006 12:58 pm

I just realized that I'm going to have to re-do this poll once the full cast is introduced, but it gives me an idea as to the 'proto-cast' popularity.

I estimate that five characters are absent from the poll as of this writing, but they haven't really been introduced just yet. There will still be three that haven't even been seen, after the July 2 strip.

That's a ways away though. Don't worry -- I'll make sure I tally the votes for when I redo the sucker.
Megaskunjii
Regular Poster

MeeeOW!

Postby Afro_Chic on Mon Oct 16, 2006 8:16 pm

I'm sorry but anyone who slaps someone else's wrist just to punish them is a favorite in my book! lol

Though...there are certain aspects of Molly that I'm down with...

Hmmm....I dun wanna choose!!! And you can't make me!
Afro_Chic

Postby The_Grim_Repah on Mon Dec 25, 2006 9:42 pm

High Voltage, because he's a smart-ass, and he controls lightning/energy/whatevah-you-wanna-call-it. Those two are probably the best powers I've ever seen.
The_Grim_Repah

Return to Super Temps