Weekly archives and PREMIUM-only content

For requests for help from CG administrators, Wranglers, and experienced CG members. Please read the FAQ before posting. Also look at CG Wiki for tutorials and how-tos written by other CG webtoonists.

Weekly archives and PREMIUM-only content

Postby STrRedWolf on Fri May 19, 2006 8:19 am

I goofed on this one. Everyone now has the ability to have PREMIUM-access-only content (which includes the weekly summary view). Here's how to work AutoKeen.

BIG WARNING: This isn't a "we get to see weekly archives of Funny Farm" this is "have people to pay to see stuff we hide for them, and the weekly archives." If you comic is already weekly, weekly summary archives aren't for you! They're for those doing 3 or more strips a week.

Setting up your account for PREMIUM content

For just loading in PREMIUM-only content, create /workspace/premium. Anything there will be compiled and coded.

Weekly summary archives

In addition to creating /workspace/premium, you need to create /workspace/premium/w.

You also need to create a "template.html" file inside of /workspace/premium/w -- this is your "weeklytemplate.html" in the same fashion as dailytemplate.html. Instead of using the ***first/previous/next/last_comic*** tags, though, you use the ***first/previous/next/last_week*** tags. Instead of ***todays_comics*** use ***this_weeks_comics***. Further details are in the Tagtorial.

Testing it out.

You do not need to pay for PREMIUM to test your PREMIUM area out. If your comic has been hooked into your forum account via Siteadmin, just log into Siteadmin. You need to make sure cookies are activated when you log in.

One last note: ***last_week*** suffers from a problem in which older weekly archive pages may not have the actual last week listed. Instead they will have the last week as it was known at the time it was updated. This is an AutoKeen bug and it is being fixed in WolfKeen.
Last edited by STrRedWolf on Sat Aug 19, 2006 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kelly "STrRedWolf" Price
Admin, Comic Genesis
Artist/Writer, Stalag '99 (WolfSkunks and Drygers, oh my!)
I NEED MORE TIME, CAPTIN!
STrRedWolf
Confuzzled CG Admin
Confuzzled CG Admin

Postby Rkolter on Fri May 19, 2006 11:14 am

Do you have any statistics on just how heavily used the premium service is? I ask because it seems like a chunk of work to do and maintain, and if I don't have a load of people using the service, I'll probably skip making the effort.
Image Image ImageImage
Crossfire: "Thank you! That explains it very nicely, and in a language that someone other than a physicist can understand..."

Denial is not falsification. You can't avoid a fact just because you don't like it.
"Data" is not the plural of "anecdote"
Rkolter
Destroyer of Words (Moderator)
Destroyer of Words (Moderator)

Postby Kisai on Fri May 19, 2006 9:08 pm

A better statement would be to point out that there is zero incentive to make premium content since they wouldn't get paid for it.
Kisai
Goddess of Light
Goddess of Light

Postby STrRedWolf on Sat May 20, 2006 6:37 pm

The only real good it would be for is the weekly summary archives. However, it was (to me) a big sticking point, a real stick in the mud, that needed to be fixed.
Kelly "STrRedWolf" Price
Admin, Comic Genesis
Artist/Writer, Stalag '99 (WolfSkunks and Drygers, oh my!)
I NEED MORE TIME, CAPTIN!
STrRedWolf
Confuzzled CG Admin
Confuzzled CG Admin

Postby Warren on Fri Jun 23, 2006 9:32 am

Sounds interesting. I may be interested in the near future.
Warren
Comics. Drawn poorly.

------------------------------
Proudly despised by ex-wives since 2008.
Lauren's Wing - The fund for animal care
Warren
Cartoon Hero

Return to Help Center