Looking back, looking forward

Looking back, looking forward

Postby Seafog the 3rd on Sun Jun 18, 2006 10:57 pm

I reread most of arc 5 tonight, and I felt the need to again declare, that this is my favourite webcomic. Quite possibly my favourite comic period. Smart, funny, epic, thick, dense, deep, convoluted, conspirirific, informed, even touching and moving (Hooks backstory and redemption remain powerfully done, even after multiple readings).

Thanks again Matt. You are doing an amazing job, and have been getting better all the time. I don't know how you do it, I really wish I COULD do it, and I'm damn glad you do do it.

I continue, as always, to eagerly await whatever comes next. Should you require any assistance, please do not hesitate to ask.

May fortune smile on you all.
Seamus Burnside
'Never appeal to a man's 'better nature'. He may not have one. Invoking his self-intrest gives you more leverage.' -Lazarus Long
Seafog the 3rd
Regular Poster

Re: Looking back, looking forward

Postby Miroberus on Thu Jun 22, 2006 6:28 pm

Seafog the 3rd wrote:I reread most of arc 5 tonight, and I felt the need to again declare, that this is my favourite webcomic. Quite possibly my favourite comic period. Smart, funny, epic, thick, dense, deep, convoluted, conspirirific, informed, even touching and moving (Hooks backstory and redemption remain powerfully done, even after multiple readings).

As always, Seamus, thank you! I kind of stumbled into that storyline without much planning; my goal these days it to figure out how to better balance and organize all those different elements in what I write. It's been slow going so far, but I think I've got some good stories lined up.

Thanks again!
Miroberus
Regular Poster

Postby Seafog the 3rd on Fri Jun 23, 2006 1:39 am

No problem man. What good is a heartfelt compliment unless its given? :D
This reminds me, I have to track down some of those songs you referenced. I want to hear them. Especially the Lords of Acid one.
I don't think you really NEEDED to plan that story. You saw the opportunity you had and took full advantage of it when it came up. I think I'm trying to say don't get too bogged down in planning a story, it slows you down, you do fine without it and balancing too many elements may mean having too little of everything instead.
I've also been wondering, what is the situation with the main Strange Daze storyline? On hold, dead and buried, or something else?
'Never appeal to a man's 'better nature'. He may not have one. Invoking his self-intrest gives you more leverage.' -Lazarus Long
Seafog the 3rd
Regular Poster

Return to Regina Felina