World Cup 2006

Topics which don't fit comfortably in any of the other forums go here. Spamming is not tolerated.
Forum rules
- Please use the forum attachment system for jam images, or link to the CG site specific to the Jam.
- Mark threads containing nudity in inlined images as NSFW
- Read The rules post for specifics
User avatar
Rickford
Irreverent
Posts: 1065
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2006 8:52 am
Location: London
Contact:

Post by Rickford »

Yep, England won 2-0 today, Goals scored by Crouch and Gerrard in the last 8 minutes.

I hate football.

User avatar
Blackaby
Regale her
Posts: 3441
Joined: Wed May 25, 2005 3:34 pm
Location: Sitting on the pudge.
Contact:

Post by Blackaby »

Living with a Slovak and a Pole gives a rather unique feel to the World Cup watching. It's awesome to watch matches with people swearing at the screen in other languages. :D (Of course, I've no one to cheer for :/ )
LOOK AT BLACKABY HE IS FILLED WITH TEH SCREAMY OMG
Image
guest artists get free puppies
Image

User avatar
Dr Legostar
Cartoon Villain
Posts: 15660
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2004 1:40 pm
Location: right outside your window.
Contact:

Post by Dr Legostar »

blackaby wrote:Living with a Slovak and a Pole gives a rather unique feel to the World Cup watching. It's awesome to watch matches with people swearing at the screen in other languages. :D (Of course, I've no one to cheer for :/ )
just pick a random country, brazil's usually a good bet.
-D. M. Jeftinija Pharm.D., Ph.D. -- Yes, I've got two doctorates and I'm arrogant about it, what have *you* done with *your* life?
"People who don't care about anything will never understand the people who do." "yeah.. but we won't care."
"Legostar's on the first page of the guide. His opinion is worth more than both of yours."--Yeahduff
Image

User avatar
Blackaby
Regale her
Posts: 3441
Joined: Wed May 25, 2005 3:34 pm
Location: Sitting on the pudge.
Contact:

Post by Blackaby »

legostargalactica wrote:
blackaby wrote:Living with a Slovak and a Pole gives a rather unique feel to the World Cup watching. It's awesome to watch matches with people swearing at the screen in other languages. :D (Of course, I've no one to cheer for :/ )
just pick a random country, brazil's usually a good bet.
GO BRAZIL!!!!
LOOK AT BLACKABY HE IS FILLED WITH TEH SCREAMY OMG
Image
guest artists get free puppies
Image

User avatar
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)
Posts: 29957
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Serbia
Contact:

Post by McDuffies »

mcDuffies wrote:Serbia & Montenegro (or S&M for short)
:oops:
See what kind of country I live(d) in.
From what I see, Brazil is playing pretty sloppy, or worse then they usually do. Don't expect to see much Ronaldo-action either. He doesn't look very goo. :-?
Yeah, bets here are that Brasil isn't in it's best form and that Argentina has much better chances.
...And we got Argentina...

User avatar
Tellurider
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 2051
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 6:13 pm
Location: in a lab doing SCIENCE!
Contact:

Post by Tellurider »

HA! Both my teams are winning. :D

...not that I'm really that into it...

*cough*go edmonton*cough*
Image
updates Thursdays

User avatar
Dr Legostar
Cartoon Villain
Posts: 15660
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2004 1:40 pm
Location: right outside your window.
Contact:

Post by Dr Legostar »

mcDuffies wrote:
mcDuffies wrote:Serbia & Montenegro (or S&M for short)
:oops:
See what kind of country I live(d) in.
From what I see, Brazil is playing pretty sloppy, or worse then they usually do. Don't expect to see much Ronaldo-action either. He doesn't look very goo. :-?
Yeah, bets here are that Brasil isn't in it's best form and that Argentina has much better chances.
...And we got Argentina...
we're down 3 to 0 and it's not even the half yet...
-D. M. Jeftinija Pharm.D., Ph.D. -- Yes, I've got two doctorates and I'm arrogant about it, what have *you* done with *your* life?
"People who don't care about anything will never understand the people who do." "yeah.. but we won't care."
"Legostar's on the first page of the guide. His opinion is worth more than both of yours."--Yeahduff
Image

User avatar
Dr Legostar
Cartoon Villain
Posts: 15660
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2004 1:40 pm
Location: right outside your window.
Contact:

Post by Dr Legostar »

god damnit.... lost 6-0.. serbia hasn't scored a goal in the world cup, yet. I don't think we've even got a chance against the ivory coast, so oh well. I need a new team to root for.
-D. M. Jeftinija Pharm.D., Ph.D. -- Yes, I've got two doctorates and I'm arrogant about it, what have *you* done with *your* life?
"People who don't care about anything will never understand the people who do." "yeah.. but we won't care."
"Legostar's on the first page of the guide. His opinion is worth more than both of yours."--Yeahduff
Image

User avatar
Tynan
A REAL ADVEEEENTURERRRRRRR
Posts: 4214
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2005 6:02 pm
Location: Adventuring
Contact:

Post by Tynan »

ITALY! GO ITALY!

User avatar
Tellurider
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 2051
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 6:13 pm
Location: in a lab doing SCIENCE!
Contact:

Post by Tellurider »

NO!

Germany and Spain! Germany and Spain!

It's more fun to have two teams! Dare I say.. double teaming?

*awaits rimshot*
Image
updates Thursdays

User avatar
Dr Legostar
Cartoon Villain
Posts: 15660
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2004 1:40 pm
Location: right outside your window.
Contact:

Post by Dr Legostar »

Tellurider wrote:NO!

Germany and Spain! Germany and Spain!

It's more fun to have two teams! Dare I say.. double teaming?

*awaits rimshot*
careful combining "double teaming" and "rimshot" in a post...
-D. M. Jeftinija Pharm.D., Ph.D. -- Yes, I've got two doctorates and I'm arrogant about it, what have *you* done with *your* life?
"People who don't care about anything will never understand the people who do." "yeah.. but we won't care."
"Legostar's on the first page of the guide. His opinion is worth more than both of yours."--Yeahduff
Image

User avatar
Nicotine
Regular Poster
Posts: 617
Joined: Sat May 28, 2005 6:20 am
Location: Cypress, TX
Contact:

Post by Nicotine »

Rickford wrote:Yep, England won 2-0 today, Goals scored by Crouch and Gerrard in the last 8 minutes.

I hate football.
They were questioning Crouch's goal today. Said he fouled in the process. Oh well...the would have had the game anyhow.

I don't know who I'm rooting for for sure, but it'll be Italy for me tomorrow.

User avatar
Dr Legostar
Cartoon Villain
Posts: 15660
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2004 1:40 pm
Location: right outside your window.
Contact:

Post by Dr Legostar »

i think i'm gonna have to be rooting for the Czech Republic from here on out.
-D. M. Jeftinija Pharm.D., Ph.D. -- Yes, I've got two doctorates and I'm arrogant about it, what have *you* done with *your* life?
"People who don't care about anything will never understand the people who do." "yeah.. but we won't care."
"Legostar's on the first page of the guide. His opinion is worth more than both of yours."--Yeahduff
Image

User avatar
Vorticus
Backrub Fiend
Posts: 6163
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2004 8:24 pm
Location: Walking on sunshine
Contact:

Post by Vorticus »

Too bad this isn't like the Super Bowl where you can root for the commercials instead of the teams.

User avatar
KittyKatBlack
Cartoon Villain
Posts: 3182
Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 7:56 pm
Location: How the hell should I know? I just live here...
Contact:

Post by KittyKatBlack »

Vorticus wrote:Too bad this isn't like the Super Bowl where you can root for the commercials instead of the teams.
I think if it wasn't for the fact that the best commercials on the planet are shown during the superbowl, those of us who care nothing about sports would have nothing to do when we get dragged to superbowl parties.

User avatar
RPin
Gentleman Pornographer
Posts: 2930
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2003 8:12 am
Location: I'm off to Brazil, bitches!
Contact:

Post by RPin »

Faceless wrote:
Dutch! wrote:We've got Brazil next...
You're so god-damned screwed.
Hmmm, not really...
From what I see, Brazil is playing pretty sloppy, or worse then they usually do. Don't expect to see much Ronaldo-action either. He doesn't look very goo. :-? [/quote]

That Ronaldo is fat and out of shape is a joke that has gotten old around here. No one wants him on the team anymore, it's just that his name still has more power than the player himself.

Also, most of Brazil's games will tend to be like that one, it's the style of that couch, and other teams tend to play more defensively against us.

It's going to be a good match, I think. Australia got a nicely rounded team, they have a good chance of winning.

User avatar
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)
Posts: 29957
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Serbia
Contact:

Post by McDuffies »

legostargalactica wrote:god damnit.... lost 6-0.. serbia hasn't scored a goal in the world cup, yet. I don't think we've even got a chance against the ivory coast, so oh well. I need a new team to root for.
That was painful, I couldn't even watch all through that torture. As I said, we could've gone through all this keeping our pride, it's not shame to lose. But we had to raise our hopes up, be real loudmouths and admist all that pressure poor guys to do something that is simply out of their capabilities.
Comforting thing is that our junior representation is said to be quite good and that when they grow up to pro, we'll have some chance.

User avatar
Dr Legostar
Cartoon Villain
Posts: 15660
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2004 1:40 pm
Location: right outside your window.
Contact:

Post by Dr Legostar »

mcDuffies wrote:
legostargalactica wrote:god damnit.... lost 6-0.. serbia hasn't scored a goal in the world cup, yet. I don't think we've even got a chance against the ivory coast, so oh well. I need a new team to root for.
That was painful, I couldn't even watch all through that torture. As I said, we could've gone through all this keeping our pride, it's not shame to lose. But we had to raise our hopes up, be real loudmouths and admist all that pressure poor guys to do something that is simply out of their capabilities.
Comforting thing is that our junior representation is said to be quite good and that when they grow up to pro, we'll have some chance.
we'll get them next time....

::prepares for 2010::
-D. M. Jeftinija Pharm.D., Ph.D. -- Yes, I've got two doctorates and I'm arrogant about it, what have *you* done with *your* life?
"People who don't care about anything will never understand the people who do." "yeah.. but we won't care."
"Legostar's on the first page of the guide. His opinion is worth more than both of yours."--Yeahduff
Image

User avatar
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)
Posts: 29957
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Serbia
Contact:

Post by McDuffies »

PIN, YOUR TEAM IS SCREWED IN FOUR YEARS!!!

User avatar
Tynan
A REAL ADVEEEENTURERRRRRRR
Posts: 4214
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2005 6:02 pm
Location: Adventuring
Contact:

Post by Tynan »

GO ITALY!

Locked