Break the ice

If you were exiled to the armpit of America, wouldn't you want to be somewhere else as well?
Darlaka

Break the ice

Post by Darlaka »

So, this is a little off-topic of the comic, but doesn't anyone else find it strange that no one has really introduced themselves? I mean, we all love the comic, and we're all here, so, why not?

Tell as much or as little about yourself as you feel comfortable.

I'll reply with mine in a bit, just to make sure Jason doesn't totally quash this topic....:-P
<a href="http://drivethrublues.comicgenesis.com">Drive-thru Blues</a>
<i>Served hot, fresh, and cynical</i> Image Image

Danae
Regular Poster

Post by Danae »

*is waiting* heh...

fine, I'll start...

I know Jason from way back in high school...though we went to different high schools in different towns in the wastelands of North Dakota. We lost touch after a concert of his freshman year of college.

A random google search for him a ways back led me to this comic....and back to conversations with him :D

Now, I live in Colorado, where I work for the ever controversial University of Colorado at Boulder. I will be attending said university in the fall to get my Master's Degree in Journalism focusing on political journalism.

Any questions? ;)
No, the artwork's not mine... like I'd have such talent ;)
Avatar Artwork by Selina Fenech. <a href="www.selinafenech.com"> http://www.selinafenech.com

Casualnotice
Regular Poster

Post by Casualnotice »

I don't know Jason at all. I came over to check the comic out because his TWCL ad looked interesting. Then Rob Howard scooped me on the review by about 2 weeks (bastard).

Anywherebuthere
Cartoon Hero

Post by Anywherebuthere »

Well,

I'm the author and artist of the strip in question. I live in Fargo North Dakota.

Really people, it's dead in here. What do I need to do, toss a friggin toga party in here or something?

Salad Hayes
Regular Poster

Post by Salad Hayes »

I live in Los Angeles (though I'm currently posting this from Chicago (incidenctally, can anyone recommend a good jazz club? I'm only here for a week so I don't have much time to wander around.)) and just graduated from UCLA with a degree in physics. So, I'm now highly trained in advanced technobabble delivery(tm).

I found ABH through a review in the now-defunct Keenspace Monthly and it has been one of my favorite strips ever since. That I've been a fan of jazz for years has certainly added to my appreciation of this strip.

While a toga party sounds fun, I'm afraid people wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the white sheet and my beyond-pasty skin.

Danae
Regular Poster

Post by Danae »

Really people, it's dead in here. What do I need to do, toss a friggin toga party in here or something?
Hey I tried.. :P I'm just not all that interesting...We could start doing random questions for Jason... hmmm... that sounds like fun...

Do you sitll have your paisley bedspread? ;)
Avatar Artwork by Selina Fenech. <a href="www.selinafenech.com"> http://www.selinafenech.com

Hornguard

Post by Hornguard »

I'm Bill (aka Toby). I am in Tennessee, but came there via Virginia and Wisconsin.

I'm a self-proclaimed music junkie. If it were possible to whore myself out to different ensembles, I would. But, alas: jack of all trades, master of none is the story of my life.

Darlaka

Post by Darlaka »

Well, i guess that means it's my turn.

My name is Amy. I'm currently a student at University of Northern Iowa with a major in Graphic Commuications (which is like Graphic Design with less art and more production and management).

Right now, I'm currently living in Cedar Falls, Iowa, but I'll be making a summer trip down to Nashville to stay with my boyfriend (who I met through ABH, strangely enough). But fall will roll around again and I'll be forced to return to the wastelands of CF.

I'm interested in a ton of things, which is actually what lead me to try my hand at webcomic-ary.

Well, I managed to find ABH through some random webcomic list that I joined, read through it, loved it, and placed a link on my site. Well, Jason figured that one out, and decided to not only do a colaboration, but place a character based on me in the comic as well. What possesed him to do such a thing, I can't ever guess...

But, what is done is done, and I can't complain about any of it :D
<a href="http://drivethrublues.comicgenesis.com">Drive-thru Blues</a>
<i>Served hot, fresh, and cynical</i> Image Image

Aleri

Post by Aleri »

I'm from St. Paul, MN, but I've got family in the Dakotas. I saw an ad and had to read a comic about the Great Frozen Wasteland (oo, sounds so exciting! *cough*) I'm also a jazz composer so that got me hooked even more.

Been enjoying the comic ever since :)

Casualnotice
Regular Poster

Post by Casualnotice »

I'd just like to point out how much jason looks like DB Sweeney in his current Avatar piccy.

SwnyMac

Post by SwnyMac »

And being a Sweeney is a great thing to be, I must say!

That being said... I'm just a random college student, originally from Montana, then to New York, then over to Washington... and I happened across this comic four or five months ago, started the archives, fell in love, and finished the archives in a day or two.

Don't know anyone here, I'm afraid, but I can relate to the "holy crap there's nothing in state" feeling that "Pookie" here's having. Though at least Montana has trees.

Danae
Regular Poster

Post by Danae »

Though at least Montana has trees.
Having been in both states, you have to look just as hard in either to find them XD

SwnyMac

Post by SwnyMac »

Bah, nonsense!

Well... I DO disown the eastern two thirds of the state. But the western third is all forest, for the most part. Missoula north. Rocky mountains, lakes, and forests. No economy, people with guns and trailers, and the only "intellectual" haven being the vast urban sprawl of Missoula... but still, it's not completely barren wasteland. :)

RogueHistorian

Post by RogueHistorian »

Danae wrote:Now, I live in Colorado, where I work for the ever controversial University of Colorado at Boulder.
Danae, I have just one thing to say here: "GO RAMS!" Obviously, I'm a Colorado State alumi. Now, however, I'm a grad student (among other things) in Arizona.

Started reading ABH a while back and have enjoyed it ever since. It's one of the few things which actually keeps me sane on a daily basis - well this and coffee (had to give up the smoking, unfortunately).

Danae
Regular Poster

Post by Danae »

Obviously, I'm a Colorado State alumi.
My true loyalties are with the University of Oregon and Minnesota State University-Moorhead. I prefer mascots that don't graze XD