The Say Something Nice About the Person Above Thread™

For discussions, announcements, non-technical questions and anything else comics-related or otherwise that doesn't fit in any of the other categories.
User avatar
LibertyCabbage
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 4667
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2005 4:08 pm
Location: bat country
Contact:

Post by LibertyCabbage »

SergeXIII wrote:
LibertyCabbage wrote:
SergeXIII wrote:Faceless has a good choice of who to be a lacky of.

Is that a compliment to Faceless of Ryuclaude?

Um... whatever... Faceless once destroyed a German fighter plane by pointing a finger at it and yelling "Bang."

Okay, that works.
Serge thinks she's a character in a Street Fighter game, which means she could beat the hell out of me and knock me to the floor. I admire anyone who could destroy a person so ruthlessly.
Liberty Cabbage is able to identify my inability to communicate without hidding a video game refference somewhere.

Bravo.

(P.S. I'm a dude. S'okay, cuz the hair confeses people sometimes, infact the best compliment I ever recieved was "Hey! You don't look like a girl!" From some stranger.)
I admire Serge for having the courage to talk about his gender struggles.
ImageImage
"Seems like the only comics that would be good to this person are super action crazy lines, mega poses!"

User avatar
EmergencyExit
Regular Poster
Posts: 820
Joined: Mon Jul 05, 2004 9:28 pm
Location: The Pantry
Contact:

Post by EmergencyExit »

LibertyCabbage can kill rainbows, which has proven useful.

User avatar
834n
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1831
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2005 4:38 pm
Location: A City of Rock and Roll
Contact:

Post by 834n »

Liberty Cabbage once had to fight off his evil impostor. It was a glorious battle filled with epic music and stuff. Then the impostor got baned (You remember, LC. That guy pretending to be you on the Cornstalker forums)

That aside, LC has united a good deal of artists for his new comic.

And helped me with html problems.

And FTP problems.

And owl problems.

EDIT:
You and your speediness, NJ!

NJ has two comics, which is insane! In addition to the Gender Bender. Thus she must be some kinda robot! Which is awesome!
Also a fun person to chat with!

User avatar
JTigerclaw
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1844
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2005 1:33 am
Location: Continuing the hearty tradition of pwnage.
Contact:

Post by JTigerclaw »

834n's coloring impresses the hell out of me. Every time I see it, I'm like "...whoa...far out man..." Really nice sense of shading and mood.

Also he did a really good job in the Shmoe Jam, which I thoroughly enjoyed.



EDIT: Haha, this is the third time I killed this thread! OH THE HUMANITY!

I think I'm just going to stop posting here.
Image
Awesome avatar done by Nervous Spy

User avatar
Qwanderer
Regular Poster
Posts: 39
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:58 pm
Location: Glenview, Illinois
Contact:

Post by Qwanderer »

Wait! Wait!
JT says nice things about people repeatedly even though the consequences may not be entirely in his favor.
The thing about a thread like this is every time you post you have to take the risk that you will be the last person. Especially if you're not one of those who have been around forever and everybody already knows.
Give a man a fish, and he'll die of starvation. Teach a man to fish, and he'll die of mercury poisoning.
Image

User avatar
Phact0rri
The Establishment (Moderator)
The Establishment (Moderator)
Posts: 5772
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 12:04 pm
Location: ????
Contact:

Post by Phact0rri »

qwanderer... well made a good choice responding to this thread... not so much a good thing about them. The pencils on thier comic are not to light, and they do folds on clothing better than I ever could.
Image
<KittyKatBlack> You look deranged. But I mean that in the nicest way possible. ^_^;

User avatar
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)
Posts: 29957
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Serbia
Contact:

Post by McDuffies »

Phactorri's an ok guy with a cool image and a cool job.

User avatar
Faceless
Regular Poster
Posts: 916
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2004 10:28 am
Location: England, UK
Contact:

Post by Faceless »

mcDuffies is a great guy whom I've never really had a chat to, and like most I think that he's an excellent point-maker; settling disputes effortlessly. His comics are great and well put-out from my humble opinion, although his forum ones sometimes need me to stop and read more carefully, still funny. Top-notch bloke.

User avatar
Dr Legostar
Cartoon Villain
Posts: 15660
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2004 1:40 pm
Location: right outside your window.
Contact:

Post by Dr Legostar »

Faceless is pretty dang all around cool. It's about pity about that face thing though.. and his lacking one.. you know.. anywho. You rock facey!
-D. M. Jeftinija Pharm.D., Ph.D. -- Yes, I've got two doctorates and I'm arrogant about it, what have *you* done with *your* life?
"People who don't care about anything will never understand the people who do." "yeah.. but we won't care."
"Legostar's on the first page of the guide. His opinion is worth more than both of yours."--Yeahduff
Image

User avatar
Prettysenshi
Bork Bork Bork
Posts: 2269
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2004 8:23 am
Location: Anywhere else but here....
Contact:

Post by Prettysenshi »

Wow, what to say about Lego. He's a really sarcastic guy. He knows how the lighten the mood, and is willing to help you with your chemistry homework!! He's a nice guy like that. Thanks btw, Lego!!

He also has a really creative webcomic involving Legos, hence his CG name! He's so kooky, but cool!

User avatar
Linkara
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 2211
Joined: Mon Apr 17, 2006 2:29 pm
Location: Lizard-Inclined Neo Clone Republitarian Band-Aid Spokesman
Contact:

Post by Linkara »

She has a lovely comic and who can argue with a name like Pretty soldier? ^_~
Image

Quote of the Moment: “Greetings, my friend. We are all interested in the future, for that is where you and I are going to spend the rest of our lives.” ~Criswell~

User avatar
SergeXIII
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1809
Joined: Tue May 24, 2005 9:24 pm
Location: New Jersey
Contact:

Post by SergeXIII »

Linkara has a traditional super hero comic. I don't see too many comics on CG in that style (although I am in no way a CG expert), so... right on and such.

User avatar
Linkara
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 2211
Joined: Mon Apr 17, 2006 2:29 pm
Location: Lizard-Inclined Neo Clone Republitarian Band-Aid Spokesman
Contact:

Post by Linkara »

Serge not only has excellent taste in superhero webcomics, but also has a very funny webcomic, as well. ^_^
Image

Quote of the Moment: “Greetings, my friend. We are all interested in the future, for that is where you and I are going to spend the rest of our lives.” ~Criswell~

User avatar
DJMayhem
cor leonis
Posts: 3651
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2005 3:47 pm
Contact:

Post by DJMayhem »

Linkara is a nice n00b that I've never heard of.
You know, i should work on this.

User avatar
Linkara
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 2211
Joined: Mon Apr 17, 2006 2:29 pm
Location: Lizard-Inclined Neo Clone Republitarian Band-Aid Spokesman
Contact:

Post by Linkara »

Teammayhem is a nice, more-experienced member who I've never heard of before. ^^
Image

Quote of the Moment: “Greetings, my friend. We are all interested in the future, for that is where you and I are going to spend the rest of our lives.” ~Criswell~

User avatar
Jeffy
Regular Poster
Posts: 825
Joined: Thu Dec 12, 2002 4:05 pm
Location: someplace trying to get myself to draw
Contact:

Post by Jeffy »

if Lewis Lovhaug was a lady, I'm sure he'd be very pretty
Image

User avatar
Ideal Comics
Regular Poster
Posts: 121
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2006 5:18 pm
Location: Scottsbluff NE
Contact:

Post by Ideal Comics »

Jeffy is gone, now, but he will be coming back!

User avatar
Linkara
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 2211
Joined: Mon Apr 17, 2006 2:29 pm
Location: Lizard-Inclined Neo Clone Republitarian Band-Aid Spokesman
Contact:

Post by Linkara »

Ideal has an excellent avatar, which just happens to remind me of Infinite Crisis.
Image

Quote of the Moment: “Greetings, my friend. We are all interested in the future, for that is where you and I are going to spend the rest of our lives.” ~Criswell~

User avatar
Ideal Comics
Regular Poster
Posts: 121
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2006 5:18 pm
Location: Scottsbluff NE
Contact:

Post by Ideal Comics »

Thanks. I designed it to evoke the spirit of comics goneby.

Which is also why I appriciate Lightbringer. Lewis really seems in touch with the themes and ideals of classic american comics, and that is awesome! Plus he has a handle on effective internal monologue!

User avatar
MixedMyth
Cartoon Villain
Posts: 6319
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2002 4:00 pm
Location: Niether here nor there
Contact:

Post by MixedMyth »

Ideal Comics is from Scottsbluff, which is the name of a particularly nice type of spearhead that's really, really old....uh...drat. That's what I get for posting after doing homework. :roll:

Actualy, I like the avatar, too, even though I probably don't get it. It reminds me of Ghost in the Shell.
ImageImage Mixed Myth
Etsy Shop- for masks and gamer greeting cards

Post Reply