So... read the comic

A discussion area for readers, fans and haters of Plugged Nickel, chiefly comic and character-related.

So... read the comic

Postby Webkilla on Sat Apr 15, 2006 1:36 pm

So, I just finished reading your comic... interesting

I like the fact that you've been able to keep the thing running, converting it more or less from a one-shot gag-strip to what now more or less reminds me of a plot-driven comic.

please advance the plot... the last third of the archive actually made this thing interesting to read! Its now that you have to give the people what they want!

but good job on the comic anyway - you've improved yourself greatly from begining to your current level (me not so much, but my comic's only been on comicgen for a year, but there's still improvement to be found), not character-art wise as you've actually managed to keep a fairly steady style going throughout the comic, but have instead apparently just refined the way you draw - going from what looks like pencil-scans to inked comics. I've tried inked comics... well, black and white ones, and while quicker I still prefer color - but thats cuzz I just like my stuff better that way.

keep up the good work - or I'll have Goliath plug your nickel... (go read my webcomic for that there to make sense...)
Webkilla
Regular Poster

Postby Ronald_MacK on Sun Apr 23, 2006 7:32 pm

Gosh, sorry this took so long, but I've just found myself a bit busy lately.

It has been kind of a hard slog, but I've tried to keep at it. My style is changing ever so slightly, ther are actually fairly larger changes planned in the future, but for now I'm keeping everyone fairly "normal" as it were.

For inking I would recommend picking up a Staedtler Triplus fineliner, roughly 0.3mm. Very smooth, easy to use, and fairly clean. Don't be afraid to ink your drawings; it'll take practice, but the good thing is that you can always edit out stray lines and smudges. Plus, this will let you scan in black & white instead of greyscale or whatnot, providing crisp black lines.

Thanks for the kind words, glad you're enjoying it.
Ronald_MacK
Regular Poster

Return to Plugged Nickel