another alternative concervitism

another alternative concervitism

Postby T.s.a.o on Tue Mar 07, 2006 3:07 pm

http://www.pfm.org/AM/Template.cfm?Sect ... isplay.cfm

Then again how would you distinguish thse from hippie liberals? loaction?
T.s.a.o
Regular Poster

Postby Capnregex on Tue Mar 07, 2006 4:47 pm

Free Love -vs- Family Life
Capnregex
Regular Poster

Re: another alternative concervitism

Postby EdBecerra on Tue Mar 07, 2006 6:33 pm

t.s.a.o wrote:http://www.pfm.org/AM/Template.cfm?Section=BreakPoint_Commentaries1&CONTENTID=18207&TEMPLATE=/CM/ContentDisplay.cfm

Then again how would you distinguish thse from hippie liberals? loaction?

Just a minor suggestion, Tsao - when dealing with huge URL's like that, might I suggest "TinyURL"?

http://tinyurl.com/

It results in nicely shrunken URL's that don't break, or cause the window to exceed the size of the screen.

I use it myself all the time.
Edward A. Becerra
EdBecerra
Regular Poster

Postby T.s.a.o on Tue Mar 07, 2006 6:49 pm

or I could have just hyperlink'd some text. sorry either way.
T.s.a.o
Regular Poster

Postby UncleMonty on Tue Mar 07, 2006 7:48 pm

The difference would be, a Conservative conservationist actually does something to help preserve the environment, instead of just talking about it and raising lots of money for himself in the guise of preserving the environment.
Sort of like the difference between donating to Ducks Unlimited, and hugging a tree.
Avoid those who speak badly of the people, for such wish to rule over you.
UncleMonty
Cartoon Hero

Postby T.s.a.o on Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:08 pm

i meant physical apprearence differences-has anyone seen a crunch conserviatave and can compare them to a hippies outfit?
T.s.a.o
Regular Poster

Postby Capnregex on Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:43 pm

Ah, I would say by the lack of tye-dye, and other hippie-esque apparel.
They probably look rather plain in basic clothing and grooming habits.
Capnregex
Regular Poster

Postby Squeaky Bunny on Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:55 pm

UncleMonty wrote:The difference would be, a Conservative conservationist actually does something to help preserve the environment, instead of just talking about it and raising lots of money for himself in the guise of preserving the environment.
Sort of like the difference between donating to Ducks Unlimited, and hugging a tree.

Theodore Roosevelt would be a good example. Started the national park service and created the pure food and drug act. Began work on the Panama canal and even gave the "Teddy" bear it's name.
Honesty is the best policy, but insanity is a better defence. :shucks:
Squeaky Bunny
Cartoon Hero

Postby Maxgoof on Wed Mar 08, 2006 2:58 am

Squeaky Bunny wrote:Theodore Roosevelt would be a good example. Started the national park service and created the pure food and drug act. Began work on the Panama canal and even gave the "Teddy" bear it's name.

I agree for the most part. This is the difference between a conservationist and an environmentalist, in my definition.

A conservationist wants to preserve nature for the sake of mankind.

An environmentalist wants to preserve nature for the sake of nature. To hell with mankind.

It's a crying shame, at the same time, that the attempts to regulate wildlife in Yellowstone has been such a comedy of well-intentioned errors.
Max Goof
"You gotta be loose...relaxed...with your feet apart, and...Ten o'clock. Two o'clock. Quarter to three! Tour jete! Twist! Over! Pas de deux! I'm a little teapot! And the windup...and let 'er fly! The Perfect Cast!" --Goofy
Maxgoof
Regular Poster

Postby RHJunior on Wed Mar 08, 2006 3:44 am

The crucial reason for that is self evident.

"Environmentalists," Like children, wish to keep everything exactly the same, unchanging, forever.

<I>But the natural world, even absent any and all interference, is in a constant state of change.</i> Open meadows gradually change into first one type of fast-growing forest, then is subsumed by slower-growing, shade dependent trees... glaciers move, deserts expand and contract, ponds fill in and become marshes, or drain and become dry land.... different piopulations of plants, animals and insects move in and out of regions.... changes taking from a few years to a few centuries to happen.

But environmentalists are conditioned to see any change as a sign of sickness, and actively combat it... with disastrous results.
"What was that popping noise ?"
"A paradigm shifting without a clutch."
--Dilbert
RHJunior
Cartoon Hero

Postby Madmoonie on Wed Mar 08, 2006 6:21 am

Like enviromentalists efforts against controlled burning in forests that later when up like tissue paper when they caught fire.
Jesus said to her, 'I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live. And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this?' John 11: 25-26
----
Want a new avatar? Contact me and I can set you up with a new sig pic or avatar, totally FREE!
Madmoonie
Cartoon Hero

Postby Rangers on Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:49 pm

It's like I always say. We need liberals to talk about progress, and we need conservatives to make the progress actually happen.
Join the adventure at http://rangers.keenspace.com
Licensed Online Comic Macquettes - get 'em at http://www.ntoonz.com
Rangers
Regular Poster

Postby Narnian on Wed Mar 08, 2006 5:59 pm

t.s.a.o wrote:i meant physical apprearence differences-has anyone seen a crunch conserviatave and can compare them to a hippies outfit?

We look and dress like normal people ...
Pax,
Richard
-------------
"We are all fallen creatures and all very hard to live with", C. S. Lewis
Narnian
Regular Poster

Postby Narnian on Wed Mar 08, 2006 6:24 pm

Squeaky Bunny wrote:
UncleMonty wrote:The difference would be, a Conservative conservationist actually does something to help preserve the environment, instead of just talking about it and raising lots of money for himself in the guise of preserving the environment.

Theodore Roosevelt would be a good example. Started the national park service and created the pure food and drug act. Began work on the Panama canal and even gave the "Teddy" bear it's name.

Don't forget trust-buster. He is my favorite president. :D
Pax,
Richard
-------------
"We are all fallen creatures and all very hard to live with", C. S. Lewis
Narnian
Regular Poster

Re: another alternative concervitism

Postby Ambala25 on Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:51 pm

sounds so delicious! Thanks
Ambala25

Return to Under the Lemon Tree