2006 Cookout Donation Pool now CLOSED.

This forum is for people to organize and prepare for meetings and events for the ComicGenesis Community. Serious proposals only.
Rkolter
Destroyer of Words (Moderator)

2006 Cookout Donation Pool now CLOSED.

Post by Rkolter »

If you haven't heard by now, there's been a lot of pressure to get a donation pool set up to get people to the cookout in St. Louis this year.

The actual site is now available and is here:

http://www.reasonedcognition.com/donations.html

The 30 second review:

You donate money anonymously; all donation values made public so everyone knows how much is in the pool; everyone who donates gets a receipt for their donation (via paypal). Once a suitable amount of money is available, we draw. Winner gets a ticket. Once the pool is up again, we draw again. Winner gets a ticket. Repeat. If a winner is drawn and enough money isn't available, then donations made go to that winner's ticket, until it can be purchased. Then repeat on and on...

The currently drawn person, by overwhelming request in email, private message, chat, and forum, has been Cookie. She's the person we are currently drawing to, and are less than $100 from being able to afford.

Future people will be randomly drawn unless I get an overwhelming request again (before you ask, Mcduffies might come on his own, Bob can't make it, Kisai will be probably unavailable due to new job, and CJ can't make it).

All information on how to join as an entrant, how to donate, etcetera is available on the website, as well as the current value of the fund, who is being drawn for, and so on.

C'mon, let's get some people to the cookout!
Last edited by Rkolter on Sun May 14, 2006 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image ImageImage
Crossfire: "Thank you! That explains it very nicely, and in a language that someone other than a physicist can understand..."

Denial is not falsification. You can't avoid a fact just because you don't like it.
"Data" is not the plural of "anecdote"

Rkolter

Post by Rkolter »

... to add ...

Yes, if you have a rule that people agree with, we can add it or change it. I won't change the policy of keeping the fund 100% open to the public though, nor the rule that money itself does not go to winners, only tickets.

So... if you wanted to say that it's ok to bring a couple if they can get to the same airport, or whatever... I can be responsive to that.

Second, if you want someone to enter, talk to them, not me. I'm not a forwarding service. :P You get to cajole them into signing up. I might bug 'em too, but it's your job to get 'em to enter, not mine!

And if you wish to enter, you have to do so as described in the donations page - that whole 'one point of contact' to find the information I need thing is important to me. Saves me hours!
Image Image ImageImage
Crossfire: "Thank you! That explains it very nicely, and in a language that someone other than a physicist can understand..."

Denial is not falsification. You can't avoid a fact just because you don't like it.

Dutch!
Red galah

Post by Dutch! »

First off...bloody decent thing that's happening here. I really admire the community spirit that's rising from this little endeavour.

I actually had it in the back of the mind to check this out further myself...your weekend is just in the wrong part of the month for me. I can't see myself getting back in time for work on the Monday! :)

And I don't think I could get a replacement teacher under the guise of 'goin' to America for a barbie!'

Anyway, great idea. I'd love to see how many tickets you actually 'raise' this way!

Cheers.
Remember when your imagination was real? When the day seemed
longer than it was, and tomorrow was always another game away?

Carlin
...or Crossfire

Post by Carlin »

Dutch! wrote:First off...bloody decent thing that's happening here. I really admire the community spirit that's rising from this little endeavour.
*pulls himself away from CoH for a second*

I must second this. Damn you all for your never ending awsomeness.
I am The Poster Formerly Known as Crossfire. Or PFKAC. ...has a certain ring to it, no?

Jim North
Cartoon Hero

Post by Jim North »

Dutch! wrote:And I don't think I could get a replacement teacher under the guise of 'goin' to America for a barbie!'
That's why you say "goin' to America for a family reunion" instead, neh? ;)
Existence is a series of catastrophes through which everything barely but continually survives.

Dr Legostar
Cartoon Villain

Post by Dr Legostar »

Jim North wrote:
Dutch! wrote:And I don't think I could get a replacement teacher under the guise of 'goin' to America for a barbie!'
That's why you say "goin' to America for a family reunion" instead, neh? ;)
who wants to adopt dutch? anyone? anyone?
-D. M. Jeftinija Pharm.D., Ph.D. -- Yes, I've got two doctorates and I'm arrogant about it, what have *you* done with *your* life?
"People who don't care about anything will never understand the people who do." "yeah.. but we won't care."
"Legostar's on the first page of the guide. His opinion is worth more than both of yours."--Yeahduff

McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)

Post by McDuffies »

*crickets*

Dr Legostar
Cartoon Villain

Post by Dr Legostar »

beuler? beuler?
-D. M. Jeftinija Pharm.D., Ph.D. -- Yes, I've got two doctorates and I'm arrogant about it, what have *you* done with *your* life?
"People who don't care about anything will never understand the people who do." "yeah.. but we won't care."
"Legostar's on the first page of the guide. His opinion is worth more than both of yours."--Yeahduff

Corgan_dane
Cartoon Hero

Post by Corgan_dane »

Ahh, hell. Why not.

(Starts the papers.)

Ekolter
Cartoon Hero

Post by Ekolter »

Everything is booked under the guise of its a family reunion anyway. It's techically true, we're all part of the CG family 8-)

Mo
Cartoon Villain (GTC)

Post by Mo »

All I can say is...

:o

Dutch!
Red galah

Post by Dutch! »

Great...if those papers go through, there's no way I'm calling myself Dutch Dane!

I'd rather dental floss with barbed wire. :)

Honestly, I reckon it'd be a great day/night/weekend. I'm sort of a little jealous this time around too! But no, I'm a big no. I've got kids to look after first and formost. If it fell on the school holidays, that'd be a different story.

Tell you what, have a drink for me!

I know it's non-alcoholic...but have a drink for me anyway, eh?

Cheers.
Remember when your imagination was real? When the day seemed
longer than it was, and tomorrow was always another game away?

Rkolter

Post by Rkolter »

NEW STATUS:

As of 02-07-2006, we have reached the $1100 level and Cookie is going to get her ticket. I am working with cookie now to get them purchased. $1100 earmarked from the fund for this expenditure.

Total in account: $1100.89 with an addition $19.12 pending until the 9th.

We are now building; when we hit $200 or so, I will do another drawing. If nobody else enters (and nobody else has entered), Sincerely stands to win, being the only entrant. Not that I don't like Sincerely, but I'd think more people might want to enter to win a free ride here. :D
Image Image ImageImage

Mo
Cartoon Villain (GTC)

Post by Mo »

rkolter wrote:As of 02-07-2006, we have reached the $1100 level and Cookie is going to get her ticket.
I am seriously speechless.

You people are CRAZY.

CRAZY I say.

I'm totally humble.

:oops:

I'll bring hugs... And possibly fishpudding... :twisted:

*really hopes everything will work out*

RemusShepherd
Cartoon Hero

Post by RemusShepherd »

Cookie wrote:I'll bring hugs... And possibly fishpudding... :twisted:
Well, I guess that means I'm bringing brownies.

Do you like them with or without cayenne pepper? :D

Ekolter
Cartoon Hero

Post by Ekolter »

No fish allowed :( I'm allergic to fish. Same goes for any peanut products for Ryan.

Mo
Cartoon Villain (GTC)

Post by Mo »

mrs_rkolter wrote:No fish allowed :( I'm allergic to fish. Same goes for any peanut products for Ryan.
Ohhh right. Pity. I shall just have to tell tales about fishpudding to frighten the kids then... ;)

(I wouldn't have brought it anyway. It'd probably go bad over the flight. Eww.)

RemusShepherd
Cartoon Hero

Post by RemusShepherd »

mrs_rkolter wrote:No fish allowed :( I'm allergic to fish. Same goes for any peanut products for Ryan.
I won't put walnuts in the brownies, to be safe, but for reference, is that just peanuts?

Ekolter
Cartoon Hero

Post by Ekolter »

RemusShepherd wrote:
I won't put walnuts in the brownies, to be safe, but for reference, is that just peanuts?
Yes just peanuts and any peanut related product. He's fatality allergic to it.

Rkolter

Post by Rkolter »

Cookie's tickets have been purchased; I will be updating this thread this weekend. I'll be doing alot of stuff this weekend. This is one of the things. :) We should be able to get one or two more donations off. Next year, I will farm the task of running this to someone else so it's better run - just overwhelmed.
Image Image ImageImage